Sticker removal

B

Bo67

I heated the stickers with a hair dryer, then used lighter fluid which removed the sticker. I followed up with Goo-Gone to remove the adhesive residue. It worked great. Just make sure to wash tank off afterwards.

castle228

'07 Kobalt FZ1
Reaction score
Visit site
Hair dryer, fingernail and WD40 and a soft towel.

Heat the sticker a bit, fingernail to remove as much as possible. Whatever remains, hit it with a slightly moistened WD40 towel.

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
The goo gone screwed (I would like to use another word) up my clear coat. I took of the sticker and then wiped with goo gone a few times (I kind of swirled it around for about 20 seconds then washed off and repeated. Now I have washed it like 3 times and waxed it and that part is very noticeable duller than the rest of the tank! What can I do?? Do I have to get a new clear coat d*mnit?

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
Man! Sorry to hear that. I used Goo Gone on mine (sounds like the same way you did) with no problem. Is it duller just where the sticker was or everywhere the Goo Gone touched?

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck. That's what I would suggest too. I've used "Scratch Out" from Kit several times on everything from plastic headlight covers to to clear coat blemishes with good results. Let us know how it goes.

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
It worked. Sorry for the scare about Goo Gone. I now believe I under-applied the goo gone to a still hot tank and created a thinner residue than what was there before I started and I just smeared it around. Then it got cold before I started washing it. What threw me, was that I washed three times and waxed it and the residue part beeded the water just like the clean parts. Scratch-X (by Macguires) basically cleaned up the residue. I scrubbed it in and wiped it off. Now it is as good as new (but without a sticker)... thankfully.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I tried to look, but there's a lot of info to cover. Regarding sticker removal, has anyone removed the Yamaha tuning fork badges from the sides of the tank? It's not that I don't like them, but they do seem to be just plastic, and it would be easier to clean and wax the tank without them. If you removed them, does the hair dryer followed by goo gone (or similar) do the trick?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I tried to look, but there's a lot of info to cover. Regarding sticker removal, has anyone removed the Yamaha tuning fork badges from the sides of the tank? It's not that I don't like them, but they do seem to be just plastic, and it would be easier to clean and wax the tank without them. If you removed them, does the hair dryer followed by goo gone (or similar) do the trick?

I took mine off almost immediatly. They were crooked from left to right. If you just grab and peel, the top (plastic) part comes right off and leaves a furry sticky mess. from there I just soaked in alcohol and picked at it little by little. It looks alot better with them off, and yes it is easier to wax. I'm sure that the hair dryer/heat gun would make it easier and yes goo gone will get the adhesive off also. Here's a pic:

Azarias

Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps i am just silly but i used my finger nail to remove the stickers
then i used a cloth dampened with Good ole Gasoline to get off the Goo
There was no residue after one wipe and that little bit of gas didnt hurt the paint. Just incase i used a clean cloth afterwards...

I really wouldnt bother with buying some special goo remover etc..

Tim77

FZ6 in Connecticut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mall security just tagged my bike last night for illegal parking. It didn't get towed but they put a warning sticker on my clear plastic windshield. I tried to remove it today with my sticker removal chemical and it just made it worse. The chemical has totally smeared the color of the sticker to my windshield. The sticker removal worked great on my tank, but since this is plasitic, it actually made the matter worse. Any ideas on how to clean this up? I was planning to buy a new windshield anyway, but it looks like crap at the moment. I'm waiting for the swingshift security supervisor to call me back tonight for possible reimbursement, but I'm not too optimistic. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I realize this is a reply to an OLD post... But after reading about how your bike was VANDALIZED at the mall, I felt that I must respond if only to vent my feelings on this issue.

I feel that the correct response to finding this VANDALIZM is to grab that rent-a-cop security schmuck by the back of the neck and rub his face on the sticker until it's completely removed. Followed by a rinse of the hose to wash off any blood left behind.

Sorry... But this is my NOT SO HUMBLE opinion. It's VANDALIZM and the criminal needs to be punished accordingly. LOL

My deepest sympathies for your trouble in this matter.

Mike_Honcho

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently removed the FZ6 stickers from the side compartments of the bike. I used goo gone and a razor blade to bring up an edge and then slowly pealed it away by hand in one piece. Just be careful with the razor blade so you don't damage the paint on the tank.

Good luck.