Nor Cal Group!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all Nor Cal riders! There are several of us up here in Northern California, and now that riding season is getting started, I created a user group "Nor Cal" to help us keep in touch.

Not too sure how these groups work, but I'm hoping it will be a good way to keep up with each other and send a message to all members to plan for upcoming rides, meeting at races, helping DefyInertia with his next move, etc.

Join up and let's see if we can get some rides going this season. Anyone have a good picture of Northern California for the avatar? I'm thinking one from someone's recent trip on HWY 1...

Click here and join up!

Nor Cal Group

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding all winter except when it snowed. If you boys get over this iway in the Sierras I'd be glad to show off our roads. I'm an hour east of Sac.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Good idea. I've joined a group on the forum. I didn't mess around much with the site to try to figure it out, but it wasn't obvious what to do at least.

My best NorCal pic is attached. Not sure it lends itself to an avatar, though.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
So hold on, the riding gets better? There is a season? I'm out of season right now? Didn't think it could get any better!!!!!!

So as I was walking to get dinner tonight, I was thinking about getting an e-mail group going so I can easily announce that I'm riding and when/where. This sounds like a good idea.

As of right now, I'm hoping I can ride on Sunday but we'll see how work pans out over the next two days.

Here is a pic:
3262119558_0623358e63_b.jpg

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, we're official with an avatar now :rockon: Thanks Defy and cv_rider for the pictures.

Anyone going on a ride this weekend? I'm not, but I do get to wash all the rainy road grime off. :steve:

hardway

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in south florida right now & let me just say, we're truly blessed in norcal! The weather here is great but every road looks like I5: straight & lame with tons of cops. If I lived here I'd get a hayabusa 'cause your only thrills are going fast in a straight line! Pretty girls & great cigars though!
I'm in when I get home. Great thread chem.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed a couple of members with Nor Cal in their location who aren't part of the group yet. Join the group, so we know who you are! It's a good way to keep track of who to PM when we're getting a ride together.

Travis

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be really cool if we could get this NorCal group off the ground and get some rides or social functions going. The SoCal group kicks our a$$ when it comes to get togethers. I'd be willing to host a bbq/garage day at my house if anyone was interested. :thumbup:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be really cool if we could get this NorCal group off the ground and get some rides or social functions going. The SoCal group kicks our a$$ when it comes to get togethers. I'd be willing to host a bbq/garage day at my house if anyone was interested. :thumbup:

Thanks John! Anyone need a garage day?

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, good idea! The more that post, the better. Sacramento area is close to Bay Area, Sierra range/Tahoe, and not so far that I won't consider a SoCal ride.

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
Novice question here, about what is the average speed that you guys do in a group ride, like the one for july 16th to socal? I'm just curious.
By the way, it's nice to see here that the norcal group is trying to get together & build this group...
NICE.......I'm sure it's going to grow.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Novice question here, about what is the average speed that you guys do in a group ride, like the one for july 16th to socal? I'm just curious.
By the way, it's nice to see here that the norcal group is trying to get together & build this group...
NICE.......I'm sure it's going to grow.
Average speed, if on straightaways, not much over (5-10MPH) limit, and if riding through a small town we know that catching motorists exceeding the limit is probably one of the small town's cop(s) main pursuits. Twisties---everybody sets his/her (hey, how come no female riders on our group rides?) own speed with everybody watching out for each other. Hope you can plan in the July 16 ride!