The All-Combined West Coast FZ6-Forum Ride

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wax please. As much as it would be an honour to have you lube my chain, I think I will have to wax myself.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Final countdown indeed.

3 things happened which could have delayed my for a week, but all are resolved. I was so stressed for the past few days unsure of whether or not I'd get to go on this trip at all after all of this.

Now it is almost midnight and I am getting my **** together and starting packing. Might not get out of town until around noon or so, I hope. Noon would be good. Still have some loose ends to wrap up. I was supposed to do all that before but been working 11-12 hour days to get friday off.

Gonna try a saddlesore 1000 on Saturday, and make some serious ground to keep everything on schedule.

@ everyone else, PM me your cell phone numbers.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to watch your progress and judge if we'll be able to ride LA -> Monterey together. I'll show you my hood (Malibu) and PCH is self-explanatory, LOL:BLAA::thumbup::rockon:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
@ anyone who sees this thread after I leave:

PM me your cell number to link up. I am heading out in couple hours.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Sitting in a McDonald's near the Oklahoma border. Got a later start than expected, gonna shoot for Oklahoma city tonight.

Lone left at 5:30 last night and rode 400km before stopping for the night.

If you would like to cyber stalk me you can follow my progress on latitude by Google via the igoogle widget or Google maps on most smart phones. My email is my username here krid80 at gmail.com

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Checking in from Oklahoma city. Scored a cheap but large hotel room. even talked them down a bit. Tomorrow I am hoping to make it into Arizona. Wish me luck!

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Sitting in a McDonald's near the Oklahoma border. Got a later start than expected, gonna shoot for Oklahoma city tonight.

Lone left at 5:30 last night and rode 400km before stopping for the night.

If you would like to cyber stalk me you can follow my progress on latitude by Google via the igoogle widget or Google maps on most smart phones. My email is my username here krid80 at gmail.com
I'm following your progress on igoogle

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Checking in from Oklahoma city. Scored a cheap but large hotel room. even talked them down a bit. Tomorrow I am hoping to make it into Arizona. Wish me luck!

Sounds like you're slabbling it across I-40. If you take the highway up from Kingman to Vegas, I think it's Hwy 95, you will ride across the Historic Hoover Dam. Day or night, the view is incredible.

Also the West Rim of the Grand Canyon is about an hour off of that highway too. About two hours from Vegas. The road is unpaved part the way, but buses and motorcycles go there all the time.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
All that is in the plan. Ran 90+ mph for a good bit of this tank then had to run 39.1 miles with the fuel light on. It is kinda scarce here in Groom, TX. Still got 46mpg running ludicrous speed. I will be through Amarillo in 35 miles then on to New Mexico.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All that is in the plan. Ran 90+ mph for a good bit of this tank then had to run 39.1 miles with the fuel light on. It is kinda scarce here in Groom, TX. Still got 46mpg running ludicrous speed. I will be through Amarillo in 35 miles then on to New Mexico.

Speed limit is 75mph all across NM & AZ.

When you say 90 plus, thats indicated right? No speedo healer or gps?

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay guys. I got some good news and some bad news. MY beautiful daughter, Bella Rose, was born Wednesday, 7/28/10, at 6:17PM. We've been home and visiting with my family. The bad news is that my dad's cousin, Mike, passed on that same morning. My grand uncle (Mike's father), said they probably met each other halfway. Mike had been battling various cancers for almost 5 years but we always knew that he would succumb. There is some sense of relief of in his passing.

And so, the BBQ I had been planning to have at 1PM with you guys might have to be delayed until later in the afternoon or I might have to sign over a raincheck to you guys. Mike's funeral is at 10:30AM in Pomona (~90mins from where I live in Palmdale) on Wednesday 8/4/10 and the wife & I feel it would be a nice gesture to bring Bella given the circumstances of her birth and Mike's passing.

From reading krid & lone's messages, you guys might not be making all the progress you guys had been hoping for. This could work out for you guys, as well. I'll leave it up to you guys. The wife and I would be happy to host you guys, it just needs to be a little later to meet this family obligation.

Thanks guys.

Last edited: