The All-Combined West Coast FZ6-Forum Ride

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Text me @ 780-340-3700 to link up. I am heading out in couple hours.

Alright, we have multiple riders expressing interest and making plans for rides along the pacific coast of North America. Let us keep it all in one thread so we can:

A) Coordinate better

B) Encourage EVEN MORE riders to come out

Let's see if we can mobilize an FZ6 ARMY!

Alright, in order to better coordinate with Krid80 on this, I have adjusted my route leaving out of Canada. I should, SHOULD, be able to make it to Las Vegas sometime on the 3rd of August. From the 3rd of August for about 10 days or so, as many riders as can make for whatever legs of the journey will be working their way north through California, then on into Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia.

Riders from Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia are encouraged to head South to meet up as far South as they can.

Obviously not everyone will be along for every leg of the journey, but hopefully everyone who can make it out can come for some them.

It just occurred to me that we may need to arrange lodging. I am on a set riding schedule so will be looking to crank out the miles most days. I will have some slow and relaxing days mixed in there someplace, but those will be arranged based on everyone else's schedule. The only forseeable problem is that I will be camping for the most part, while other riders may prefer actual lodging. If anyone prefers lodging they will just need to stop off in a town as near as possible to the campsite and head out earlier the following morning to meet up again.

Several other members and I are trying to coordinate travel times to have being somewhere in Northern California by Saturday August 7 as "on-schedule".

A highly tentative course plan is as follows:

The ride south

The ride north

For now we have confirmed:

-Vegas linking up in Vegas on top of the 3rd and riding to hell and back
-Krid linking up in Vegas on top of the 3rd and riding to San Fran
-Lefty linking up in Visalia perhaps Bakersfield on the 6th and north until Murphy's/Angels Camp
-Defy linking up in NorCal on the weekend of the 7th and riding to an unknown location
-The motiest motogiro this side of giro linking up sometime around the 4th just north of LA
-Stevenator linking up on the outskirts of Portland bright and early on the 11th and making it to Vancouver before end of day on the 11th. (Potentially could be meeting up on the 10th and spending an extra day in the roads before Vancouver area, though this is less likely)
-Admin..........does he know this thread exists? Methinks he is being a sneaky fellow.

PLEASE POST WITH:

1) Where you will be linking up

2) How far you will be riding

3) The approximate date you would ideally like to meet up in light of everything else posted

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a plan Lone. Once you have more details/schedule as the date approaches I'll be able to see where I can hook up with everyone. As it turns out the only date I can't ride is the 8th as it's my granddaughter's 1st birthday that day. But I'll do what I can to work with the rest of the schedule to ride with everyone. Sounds like a blast. :rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Count me from Vegas on, probably all the way up to B.C. Canada.

I will submit my vacation time in now so that I have the days off to complete the trip.

I'm a hotel kind of guy, no camping for me. So I may have to dissapear for one night and join up in the morning.

Last edited:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
In a word, "woot."

You know I'm there.

I will be riding in the group until I-80 at San Fran and then heading back east throught the mountains toward home.

I'm gonna try to be home around the 11th.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm definitely up for at least part of this ride! My Bike almost done...:rockon:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright. Sounds good.

For now we have confirmed:

-Vegas linking up in Vegas on top of the 3rd and riding to hell and back
-Krid linking up in Vegas on top of the 3rd and riding to San Fran
-Lefty on some unknown date around the 6th riding to an unknown location
-Defy linking up in NorCal on the weekend of the 7th and riding to an unknown location
-The motiest motogiro this side of giro linking up sometime around the 4th or 5th in an unknown location

@ Everyone else:

PLEASE POST WITH:

1) Where you will be linking up

2) How far you will be riding

3) The approximate date you would ideally like to meet up in light of everything else posted

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're planning north of LA when you head for the coast then somewhere in that area. Thing is if you're come across on the 10 fwy it would be cool for you/us to ride through Joshua Tree Monument but then again the weather might be hot as hell...

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that in an urban area? I was hoping to avoid as many built-up urban areas as possible except on rest days. They take away so much from good riding time. Traffic is very annoying.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that in an urban area? I was hoping to avoid as many built-up urban areas as possible except on rest days. They take away so much from good riding time. Traffic is very annoying.

Joshua Tree Monument is high desert. Very cool place to ride through. Nice rock formations, camping, rock climbing. hiking. etc. The sky at night is spectacular!
Just saying, if part of your route is going through that area it's not a stretch at all to swing through it. Especially if it might be a camp night!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ooooh is that where the guys from Hangover had the big trip-out session?

If so, YES count me in!

Even if not, I'm still in.

Should I purchase a rifle from one of your lovely gas stations in case of coyotes?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, I have to say something, on a more serious note. You guys may not know this, but I consider myself…a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack. But when I met Krid, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one. So we're two…so there is two of us in the pack. I…I was alone first in the pack, and then Krid joined in later.

Then, planning this all, when everyone else got involved, I thought…wait a second, could it be? And now I know for sure, I just added 4 more guys to my wolf pack. 5 of us wolves running around the desert together, in California and Las Vegas looking for strippers and cocaine!

*toasts*

Hangover_One_Man_Wolfpack_Navy_Shirt.jpg

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, I have to say something, on a more serious note. You guys may not know this, but I consider myself…a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack. But when I met Krid, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one. So we're two…so there is two of us in the pack. I…I was alone first in the pack, and then Krid joined in later.

Then, planning this all, when everyone else got involved, I thought…wait a second, could it be? And now I know for sure, I just added 4 more guys to my wolf pack. 5 of us wolves running around the desert together, in California and Las Vegas looking for strippers and cocaine!

*toasts*

Hangover_One_Man_Wolfpack_Navy_Shirt.jpg

Hahaha!:rof::rof:rof: LMAO!!! :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ooooh is that where the guys from Hangover had the big trip-out session?

If so, YES count me in!

Even if not, I'm still in.

Should I purchase a rifle from one of your lovely gas stations in case of coyotes?

I didn't see all of that movie but they film so much stuff out there, it could be.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
O.K. so looking at your map I can go as far south as Visalia perhaps Bakersfield and north until Murphy's/Angels Camp. August 6th or 7th is fine with me. Hope this helps. :D

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I live (literally) <3 miles from the Step 69 on the South Route. I could probably host a BBQ the day you ride through. Then take you over Angeles Forest/Angeles Crest (if it's open, and to Newcomb's Ranch Inn, a motorcycle mecca in LA)/Big Tujunga Road (if it's not open) down into Pasadena (kinda North LA area). Only issue is that my wife is due with our first child on 7/31. I'll be on leave at the time and I just wanna make sure she'll be fine by herself with our daughter for few hours. I'd venture a guess that wavex & calirider could make the trip too if they got the day off.

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. Here is how it is looking.

On the 3rd I would ideally like to have part of the day to maybe have a look around Las Vegas. This will also account for any potential delays I have in actually getting to Las Vegas. We canleave the vicinity of Vegas on the morning of the 4th as a good time to be assured that everyone who will be leaving from Vegas will be there by then and ready to leave bright and early on the 4th.

On the 4th we could have a trip through Joshua Tree and that area en route to the ocean.

I have a close personal friend I would like to see on the evening of the 4th near Santa Barbara. I am trying to get him to arrange a big party on the beach the night of the 4th. We could be the FZ6 contingent. Ideally, I would like to arrive in Santa Barbara sometime around 5pm at the latest.

Bright and early on the 5th we could head north and get into the real grinding part of the ride, the real head-down-butt-up type of stuff.

The reason for arranging it this way is to try to coordinate passing through the majority of central and northern California on the weekend of the 7th.

3 days of hard riding should see us to the California-Oregon border on the 8th. In the early hours of August the 8th we should be entering Oregon.

2-3 days of hard riding through Oregon and Washington should bring us to the US-Canada border.

2 days can be allotted to either additional rest time, or additional time to see some better roads anywhere in California, Oregon, or Washington. The additional rest and mucking about on local roads can serve to facilitate better coordination with riders on this or later legs of the journey.

So, if those bonus days are not used, the top of the 11th should bring us into Vancouver. I have some close personal friends I would like to have some time with in Vancouver and area so being there by mid-day on the 12th is necessary.

That gives me a full weekend to make the last leg of the journey, simultaneously crying into my helmet and grinning from ear to ear as I pull into my home by that Sunday evening.

Then work the next day! OMFG best Monday ever!! Locked in a cubicle after the most epic ride of my life.

Note: All dates/times listed here are guidelines and conceptual to get the ball rolling. They can easily be adapted to better coordinate with others.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
take you over Angeles Forest/Angeles Crest (if it's open, and to Newcomb's Ranch Inn, a motorcycle mecca in LA)/Big Tujunga Road (if it's not open) down into Pasadena (kinda North LA area). I'd venture a guess that wavex & calirider could make the trip too if they got the day off.

If that happens and it's on a wkd, I'd probably make that... just to meet Lone in person... you don't meet crazy dudes like that too often :Flip::BLAA:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
If that happens and it's on a wkd, I'd probably make that... just to meet Lone in person... you don't meet crazy dudes like that too often :Flip::BLAA:

oh. come. on.

"um... I know I am a moderator and have about 14 gajillion posts on here but I can't be troubled to take a half day off work to show up and let a bunch of people on here see that I am the average 5'4' frenchman"

I think you can find time for the wolfpack.