Nor Cal Group!

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to ask if any of you guys still doing the garage day for minor service and what not. the reason i ask it's because i think i need to do my Throttle bodies, and spark plugs HEHE

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Novice question here, about what is the average speed that you guys do in a group ride, like the one for july 16th to socal? I'm just curious.

Does this give you an idea?

P1010122.jpg

P1010117.jpg

That's "Lefty" pictured on the left representing the Nor Cal Group.

P1010121.jpg

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah Kenny, you know what the really funny part is...the rest of the group was already at the bottom of the hill with their gear off when Mark and I got there and got popped. :spank: :D

But thanks for the repost on the pic, even with the "warning" from officer Peterson, it was still an awesome ride and weekend!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha! LMAO!!! Thanks Kenny! These are classic forum shots :rof::rof: Look at these two Hoons!
P1010121.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW these two were given a warning after providing their license and registration to the LEO, once they came back clean of course. Just goes to show you that being polite, and not argumentive and accepting the consequences for exceeding the speed limit, can pay off.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha! LMAO!!! Thanks Kenny! These are classic forum shots :rof::rof: Look at these two Hoons!
P1010121.jpg
I'm still pissed off about not getting in on the private photo shoot with the CHP officer. Next time, I'm riding with the 1st group (but then it'll probably be the 2nd group that gets attention)! I'm still pissed off about it. When I arrived, I saw Wavex or somebody--I thought---posing and I was toying with the idea of trying to get a private shot with CHP officer/SUV also, but I didn't want to turn it into a circus (it kinda already was) and possibly insult or irk the officer. Those CHP shots are classic. I should've acted fast to, at least, get me in a shot with the CHP cruiser in the background. Oh well, next time, maybe something will come up that's even better than a photoshoot with CHP, huh? Yeah, right, $%^&!sh*t

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be really cool if we could get this NorCal group off the ground and get some rides or social functions going. The SoCal group kicks our a$$ when it comes to get togethers. I'd be willing to host a bbq/garage day at my house if anyone was interested. :thumbup:

I would love to see this one too, but everytime I check, no movement or new threads here @ USA Pacific (Northern Cal.)
I'm interested in a meet up or a gathering, whatever you may call it, just to meet everyone...At least for a start.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to see this one too, but everytime I check, no movement or new threads here @ USA Pacific (Northern Cal.)
I'm interested in a meet up or a gathering, whatever you may call it, just to meet everyone...At least for a start.

Stay tuned, now that the weather is getting better Chemiker and I are going to start riding more. Especially after Travis finishes his marathon this weekend. Watch for dates...:thumbup:

Edit: We were going to have a ride on May 8th but I realized it was Mother's Day and probably not work for some people, we're working on a second date..

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
Good idea. I've joined a group on the forum. I didn't mess around much with the site to try to figure it out, but it wasn't obvious what to do at least.

My best NorCal pic is attached. Not sure it lends itself to an avatar, though.

How do you get to that spot? Very nice & i also want a picture of my bike there..

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
still nothing going on here with the FZ6 NorCal group? Well anyway, I finally had the chance to ride in a group with some of the BARF members here in Vallejo/Am.Canyon/Napa group. It was a nice experience, having to meet some new riders & be able to ride in a group of 7. On BARF, they have more group rides or social meet ups with short & long rides...
Bad news on my first group ride was i dropped my bike on the parking lot....nothing major,but a bent Rear brake lever which I just straighten out & a tiny scratch on the mirror case. They are already planning on another one for this month too with more riders showing up and interested to join the group ride.. Why am I the only one with an FZ6 in this group?
It's a mix of new riders (me and a gal), sport tourer(ST1300), Sport bikes, an older bike who happened to be the lead rider. It was good & was a fun ride.

chenceza

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, but am in "far" east bay (Stockton). I'm trying to get a FZ6...impatiently looking.

I saw one on Craigslist, the guy has a raven 2008 with under 6000 miles. It was downed once by the first owner (he is second). I would post the link but it expired already.

I'd like to go look at it, but would also like to have a trusted mechanic/body shop guy come with me to give me his thoughts. I'd of course be happy to pay him for his time. (unless any of you would like to come with me out of the happiness of your loving heart). He is located in San Jose, works in Santa Clara.

Could anyone recommend a good mechanic/body shop guy in the area? Or, if you are yourself, would you be willing to come with me to check out this bike?

He originally listed it for $4300, but told me today he's going to re-list it several hundred less.

Thanks in advance!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, but am in "far" east bay (Stockton). I'm trying to get a FZ6...impatiently looking.

I saw one on Craigslist, the guy has a raven 2008 with under 6000 miles. It was downed once by the first owner (he is second). I would post the link but it expired already.

I'd like to go look at it, but would also like to have a trusted mechanic/body shop guy come with me to give me his thoughts. I'd of course be happy to pay him for his time. (unless any of you would like to come with me out of the happiness of your loving heart). He is located in San Jose, works in Santa Clara.

Could anyone recommend a good mechanic/body shop guy in the area? Or, if you are yourself, would you be willing to come with me to check out this bike?

He originally listed it for $4300, but told me today he's going to re-list it several hundred less.

Thanks in advance!

Hey chenceza, welcome to the forum. :welcome:
I live about 20 miles north of SJ/SC and although I'm no professional mechanic I'd be glad to go with you to take a look at the bike if I'm free
when you decide to do it. Also, Chemiker lives in San Jose so maybe he'll chime in if he's got the time.

That being said, I think the seller is going to have to lower his asking price closer to the $3500-3700 mark. I bought my '08 a little over a year ago with 7,000 miles for $3700 and it had some upgrades like a Corbin seat and braided lines. As for the bike being downed once you need to ask was that a zero mph tip over or a lowside at 40 mph in a corner.
PM me if your interested in my help. :D
Cheers,
Lefty

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be really cool if we could get this NorCal group off the ground and get some rides or social functions going. The SoCal group kicks our a$$ when it comes to get togethers. I'd be willing to host a bbq/garage day at my house if anyone was interested. :thumbup:

2nd on this one....maybe because we all live so far apart. But like what they say, if the company is great, ain't nothing far. maybe we can start with just like a social gathering of FZ6'ers, somewhere in the middle of the majority (NorCal). Somebody pls. do this...

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, noob here. Just got my FZ6 Im out in Sacramento, and I ride with SacramentoCrotchRockets often... Lets get together

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome guys and just so you guys know some norcal guys are going on a trip this upcoming weekend to meet the socal gang, if you guys want we can set up a ride here in norcal! I'm in on it