NJ/PA/NY Gathering!

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
4th doesn't work for me because I'll be out of state, but I'm definitely interested the next time one of these is planned.

-Nick

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, so let's do roll call... who's in?

So far we have...
Erci
FB400
SD Willie
Tony on Yama VMAX
Motojoe122
Armstrong89z

I think that represents NY and NJ but is anyone from PA coming along?

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not coming :( but my wife's family from her mom's side is fro PA, We'll represent drinking beer from the couch.

Have fun, be careful and take pictures.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, so let's do roll call... who's in?

So far we have...
Erci
FB400
SD Willie
Tony on Yama VMAX
Motojoe122
Armstrong89z

I think that represents NY and NJ but is anyone from PA coming along?

I may have 1 guy from PA show up (not a forum member). Also my neighbor will likely be joining us on his 848.. and he said 2 of his co-workers will be joining us as well (they're all firefighters).

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I could make it down to join you guys, but it's a bit far to ride this Saturday since I'll be working all night and have plans that evening. Another time, I'll try to make it down from Boston to join up!:thumbup:

Have fun, be safe, and remember to ride your ride.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Wish I could make it down to join you guys, but it's a bit far to ride this Saturday since I'll be working all night and have plans that evening. Another time, I'll try to make it down from Boston to join up!:thumbup:

Have fun, be safe, and remember to ride your ride.

Puleeeeze. If I was you id be glued to the couch with a case of beer praying to the hockey gods for the B's to even up the series. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You all have a great ride tomorrow! Take your time. Watch out for each other. Give each other room in those turns!

Dad....:Flip:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Few thoughts:

1. I will NOT be flying. Maybe 10 miles over limit here and there, but that's about it. Hope that's OK with everyone.

2. We'll do our best to keep the group together. Probably a good idea to have all cell phone numbers saved to contacts (I'll send a PM on that).

3. There is a gas station 3 miles from the meeting point. Next gas stop will be about 50-60 miles from there, so figure out if you need to take this opportunity to top off.

4. If you're allergic to almonds or cashews, bring your own snack :BLAA: .. I will have water for all though.

5. We'll have an option to stop for some really good food about 3 hours into the ride.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Few thoughts:

1. I will NOT be flying. Maybe 10 miles over limit here and there, but that's about it. Hope that's OK with everyone.

2. We'll do our best to keep the group together. Probably a good idea to have all cell phone numbers saved to contacts (I'll send a PM on that).

3. There is a gas station 3 miles from the meeting point. Next gas stop will be about 50-60 miles from there, so figure out if you need to take this opportunity to top off.

4. If you're allergic to almonds or cashews, bring your own snack :BLAA: .. I will have water for all though.

5. We'll have an option to stop for some really good food about 3 hours into the ride.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Sounds good, headed to the store then finish getting the bike ready. Freakin busy week!:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hoping the NY and the South Joisey fellas made it back safely.

Our 10 am scheduled ride didn't start till about 11:45!! New Yorkers got stock in major traffic and motojoe122 and armstrong89z got lost.. but all eventually made it here.

Ride was excellent (at least I'd like to think so). Rode most of my favorite roads and ate at Stockton market .. that place rocks!!

After that we took off for the airport. Few miles after I turned off the mail road, I realized that we were missing a few rides (had 9 total in the group). Pulled over and tried to figure out what happened.. somehow we lost 4. Called Ike (my neighbor .. one of the guys missing).. figured out where he was.. gave him directions and was hoping they find us soon.

As we were waiting it started to rain... HARD. Figured airport was pointless at this point and NY guys still had a loooong ride home, so we decided to move out. Just as we started moving .. the 4 lost riders finally found us! 9 Strong once again, we headed back and made our way through 30-something minutes of steady rain. NY guys stayed on route 202 to go back to Lon Guy Land while Ike, Joel (Ike's friend), armstrong89z and motojoe122 headed back to the starting point. Got there without issues.. BS'ed for another 30 minutes or so and parted ways. motojoe122 had another 150 miles to cover and he'd already gone over 300!!! :bow:

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did.. looking forwarded to getting together again soon!!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Few pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
It was quite the odyssey today. Erci you are a fantastic tour guide. Thanks for setting this up. Hoping we can all get together and do this again!!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was quite the odyssey today. Erci you are a fantastic tour guide. Thanks for setting this up. Hoping we can all get together and do this again!!

Glad you guys made it back safely! :thumbup:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whereabouts in jersey are you? Its always good to have other people to ride with:thumbup: Im in cape may and armstrong89z is outside AC.

What's up fellas, nice to hear the ride went well without any major problems. I hope I'll be able to come along the next time.

Hey motojoe, I'm located in central jersey.... edison township to be exact, you're at least a good 2hours ride from me. I've been planning in doing a ride to Cape May this summer with my buddy "KaTooM" but gotta wait until his back from Singapore. I'll let you know when I'm around the neighborhood.

Ares

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear the ride went somewhat smoothly and that everyone is safe. Hopefully I'll make it down for the next ride.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad all are home safe from their adventure.

We were talking about being lost yesterday. My buddy said he was sorry for getting us lost while were trying to find a place he wanted to go to and I realized there was nothing to be sorry for and told him, "Lost on a motorcycle is an adventure!" Nothing to be sorry about!

Thanks for the pics Erci! Been a long time since I rode those areas....:rockon:

Haelous

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I felt bad that I missed out on this. Joe shot me a text, but I've been pretty under the weather the last week with bronchitis.

I hope you guys plan to do something again this summer. I would definitely be interested in making the ride up from South Jersey.

The bikes look great!