June 1st or 8th, 2013 - Long Island Ride (North Shore - Montauk)

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking forward to your report. Show us how it's done East Coast style! Ride safe and have fun tomorrow :D

:needpics:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in :D
Jericho 8:30.. cya all there! (.. and now to bake some power bars for the road)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I'm bringing enough for everyone :D

barsb.jpg

bstieboydp

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be there prob round 815-820 to sip my morning coffee, had a 6 hour ride up here from delaware dang weekend traffic. but its worth it sold some old wheels for 400 bucks!, now some more ny house clearing to go so i can buy more goodies for the fazer :rockon: see you guys in 8 hours.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Made it home safely. Report and pics to follow. Must consume copious amounts of beer, STAT :iconbeer:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK.. now that I'm properly hydrated I feel better :D

Time in the saddle (including 2 fuel stops and lunch): 11 hours 45 minutes.

Miles covered: 360.

Southern State Pwky sucked quite a bit, on the way back. The rest was very good (I did take some local streets through Brooklyn, only because I know it.. and I needed a break from Belt Pkwy).

Really glad I went on this ride. I had no idea Long Island was so nice east of roughly the mid point. Great company and very tasty lunch ( possibly the best fish n chips I've had to date! )

Some pictures:

64689054.jpg

68304360.jpg

91299557.jpg

43518915.jpg

57317565.jpg

22825377.jpg

77356608.jpg

72366499.jpg

70862525.jpg

56995364.jpg

53028947.jpg

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK.. now that I'm properly hydrated I feel better :D

Time in the saddle (including 2 fuel stops and lunch): 11 hours 45 minutes.

Miles covered: 360.

Southern State Pwky sucked quite a bit, on the way back. The rest was very good (I did take some local streets through Brooklyn, only because I know it.. and I needed a break from Belt Pkwy).

Really glad I went on this ride. I had no idea Long Island was so nice east of roughly the mid point. Great company and very tasty lunch ( possibly the best fish n chips I've had to date! )

Looks beautiful!! And warm? I love the shot of all the bikes lined up and ready to go! Sounds like a pretty long day, but I'm sure the power bars helped everyone survive.

Personally, I like a hot bubble bath after a ride like that. :rolleyes: I don't think you have to be a girl for it to work. When I mentioned my remedy to the guys on our last ride together you'd think I invented something totally new. Or, bath and a brew...that might make it more manly. :D

You guys rock :rockon::rockon::rockon: Thanks for the pics and report. I think I'll have a brew now to show my solidarity!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks beautiful!! And warm? I love the shot of all the bikes lined up and ready to go! Sounds like a pretty long day, but I'm sure the power bars helped everyone survive.

Personally, I like a hot bubble bath after a ride like that. :rolleyes: I don't think you have to be a girl for it to work. When I mentioned my remedy to the guys on our last ride together you'd think I invented something totally new. Or, bath and a brew...that might make it more manly. :D

You guys rock :rockon::rockon::rockon: Thanks for the pics and report. I think I'll have a brew now to show my solidarity!

Definitely warm.. upper 80's. Riding felt great. Standing in traffic felt... less great.

I don't know about a bubble bath, but I AM contemplating getting rid off the pool table in my basement and putting a hot tub down there :D

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im bummed I could not go this time, it looks like you guys had a great time! Awesome pics too, thanks for putting them up. I spent the day at my step son's soccer game, cleaned the house, fixed up my neighbors and my yards, and got the garage ready for tomorrow. Pulsar2 is coming over from DE, we are gonna tinker with the accelerometer on my bike.

EDIT: Well crap, its supposed to rain later sunday so we will postpone til next weekend.

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Smersh - thanks for putting this ride together. I saw a few places I have never been before living on this island a long time and all. It was uber hot at times so I took it easy getting home.

btw - the headlights not working culprit is as I had thought - the control box is bad. for the hid uninitiated the control box is a relay that takes the trigger wires from the headlight socket and activates the relay which powers the ballasts which of course makes the bulbs light. The high/low feature sends 12 volts via separate wires to a solenoid that operates a shutters letting more or less through, hence high/low beams.

I contacted retrofit source about getting a replacement. I know from having relay power the horn these things don't last that long. 2 seasons at best.

bstieboydp

Reaction score
Visit site
twas a pleasure meeting/riding/ spending the beautiful saturday we had with you guys I had a blast, look forward to future rides :rockon: