June 1st or 8th, 2013 - Long Island Ride (North Shore - Montauk)

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody up for some ridin' on the 1st or the 8th?
I'm thinking - some long scenic riding on the north shore of long island toward Greenport, then north and south ferries to East Hampton.
This would probably be an all day ride. I'm planning on getting out of Manhattan around around 7 - 8 am. Anybody interested in joining for (part of) a ride? Also - any thoughts, suggestions?

UPDATE 1: Date set to 1st of June

UPDATE 2:
Meet time/place 1: Departing at 7:45 am from Dunkin Donuts at intersection of Jamaica Ave and Bushwick Ave - 43 Jamaica Ave, Brooklyn, NY (40.678128, -73.898128)
Meet time/place 2: Departing at 8:30 am from Jericho Plaza - 2 Jericho Plaza, Jericho, NY (40.785026, -73.550587)

UPDATE 3:

Map

Last edited:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
I'm thinking - some long scenic riding on the north shore of long island toward Greenport, then north and south ferries to East Hampton.
This would probably be an all day ride. I'm planning on getting out of Manhattan around around 7 - 8 am. Anybody interested in joining for (part of) a ride? Also - any thoughts, suggestions?

Wow just logged in, at the right time I see... I'm in; it'd be the first ride I don't have to travel 2 hours to get to. No date preference as of now.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com

Oh, I forgot to mention; if you're referring to this: Long Island's North Shore Tour | New York Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com and the one that continues after it - I did it w/ my wife via car (to check it out before riding)... and while really scenic, etc., much of the roads are not super best condition, and when you ride past the beaches, you *might* catch some sand on the road (if windy). The biggest issue (then) was basically one too many stop lights and stop signs ... but I diverted a *bit* from this exact route...

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, I forgot to mention; if you're referring to this: Long Island's North Shore Tour | New York Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com and the one that continues after it - I did it w/ my wife via car (to check it out before riding)... and while really scenic, etc., much of the roads are not super best condition, and when you ride past the beaches, you *might* catch some sand on the road (if windy). The biggest issue (then) was basically one too many stop lights and stop signs ... but I diverted a *bit* from this exact route...

Yep, that's what I had in mind (at least parts of it) - thanks for the info, It may make sense to adjust the route a bit further from the water then. Let me do some more searching...

bstieboydp

Reaction score
Visit site
I've Done thise exact run with an fbody club of mine years back, pretty memorable, and a great drive in cars and motorcycles alike. I did it on a 95 zx6r years ago, and although my back was achy I would love to do this again. Only one of my friends has a bike and I'm not even sure if hes legal right now, count me in as long as I will be on the island during that time ( currently living in delaware but girlfriend/ all my friends are on the island so i travel there alot) I will update here when i'm "in stone" so to speak sounds like a blast

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com

Woah that's hardcore dude... a Ferry too!! 7-8 hours is a little aggressive, no? ... you don't want to chop off that sprint to the end of the island to Montauk? That takes off almost 2 hours... Just a suggestion though - I'm down for whatever.

Anyway, I'm in southern Brooklyn, so its a 40 min ride to uptown anyway.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, as I was putting it together I kept thinking - that will take a while ;-)

Chop chop chop. Let me adjust the map when I get home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Alright, chopping done - how about something like this?

Map

Looks good I suppose, I actually liked the ferry part though :D... the way back being straightaways might be a bit bland, but otherwise it'd take forever. If anyone can chime in who knows the roads, let us know!

Is anyone else in the tri state area in? :Sport:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I AM IN.

I have a good spot to meetup with you.

As soon as you exit the LIE exit 40 East onto 25 East there is a complex of 2 white, kind of odd shaped buildings. This is 2 Jericho Plaza and is on the right about (less than) 2/10th of mile past the first traffic light.

There is a huge parking lot there.

Also of interest, the mirrored side of the building at this angle creates a different kind of photo Opp. I used to take my Firebird convertible there and photograph the reflection in the mirrored building. Just sayin...

------------------------

My cat says 2 things.

1. stop working and pet me
2. you should go on this ride June 1st!!

Last edited: