June 1st or 8th, 2013 - Long Island Ride (North Shore - Montauk)

bstieboydp

Reaction score
Visit site
Im planning my trip to long island soon, if I am in town on the 1st im def in, I can meet you guys at the exit 40 spot you are speaking of as that isn't that far from my girlfriends in deer park, ill check here and update when im set

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a little late to the party but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go. Only problem is I work every Saturday. Any chance of moving it forward a day to the 2nd? Sundays are perfect for me as I live in Philly but bartend the day shift (Noon till 8PM) in the Lower East Side on Saturdays and Mondays so Sundays I'm usually in NY looking for something to do.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I won't be able to do Sunday, unfortunately, but if people vote Sunday - there may be two rides going on this week ;-)

That Jericho Plaza sounds like a good meeting place - what say you?

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Yeah Sunday won't work for new either... as for meeting, Jerico is far out, are you still heading out from NYC or at least somewhere before LI?

we probably can have several points since some people are all over the place...

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
...as for meeting, Jerico is far out, are you still heading out from NYC or at least somewhere before LI?

I can meet wherever - I'm not familiar with the area there, but how about DD on Bushwick and Jamaica intersection (40.6782, -73.8981)? We can take parkway from there. Again, I've never ridden around that area, so feel free to suggest other spots to meet.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
I can meet wherever - I'm not familiar with the area there, but how about DD on Bushwick and Jamaica intersection (40.6782, -73.8981)? We can take parkway from there. Again, I've never ridden around that area, so feel free to suggest other spots to meet.

That works :) - our bikes don't look too snazzy compared to tricked out GXRs, so we likely wont get jumped there :spank:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's talk timeline:

So, how about 2 Jericho Plaza departure at 8:30 am?

That would make Bushwick/Jamaica DD - 7:45 or so - to be at 2 Jericho 15 mins before the departure.

I'll work on the rest of the route later tonight/tomorrow.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
8:30am meetup June 1st at 2 Jericho Plaza sounds good.

Just one further note - the first driveway to 2 Jericho Plaza comes up pretty fast on the right and is not marked (it's before the sign for 2 Jericho Plaza). if you miss it don't worry there is another driveway in probably 1/10 to 2/10 after the first one.

So far S.D Willie will meet us there.

C'mon everyone.. pile on!!

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Updated itinerary and map:

Meet time/place 1: Departing at 7:45 am from Dunkin Donuts at intersection of Jamaica Ave and Bushwick Ave - 43 Jamaica Ave, Brooklyn, NY (40.678128, -73.898128)
Meet time/place 2: Departing at 8:30 am from Jericho Plaza - 2 Jericho Plaza, Jericho, NY (40.785026, -73.550587)

Map

We can probably grab lunch somewhere around Greenport and decide on where to go next.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Updated itinerary and map:

Meet time/place 1: Departing at 7:45 am from Dunkin Donuts at intersection of Jamaica Ave and Bushwick Ave - 43 Jamaica Ave, Brooklyn, NY (40.678128, -73.898128)
Meet time/place 2: Departing at 8:30 am from Jericho Plaza - 2 Jericho Plaza, Jericho, NY (40.785026, -73.550587)

Map

We can probably grab lunch somewhere around Greenport and decide on where to go next.

If we make decent time - we have do the ferry dude - that'd be some great photo ops! I'd also recommend a charter fishing boat (with slight sarcasm) - I think a buddy of mine goes there often - but then it'd be a 2 day trip :eek:.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
i might be in the minority and while it can be convenient for some I just wouldn't take the ferry. 1. its expensive, 2. you have to wait and 3. it defeats the purpose of riding IMO. ID rather ride and be a cheap bastid. ;)

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be cool to do the ferries - I also see that as a photo op, but I also hear ya about the cost and time. Depending on time, maybe some of us can peel off and do the ferries at the end. I'd say let's play by ear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks like the weather is going to be a toasty 82F - bring water.

So, who do we have so far?

Brooklyn meet - metallicat, Smersh
Jericho meet - FB400, S.D. Willie

bstieboydp, Erci - what say you?

happyker, any chance you can make it on Sat?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll chime in Friday evening.

If I go, I'll be riding straight to Jericho.