NJ/PA/NY Gathering!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A few of us will be coming from long island so its a trek to get there so of course we'd rather start earlier than 11 when we get to you but id say we will go with the majority.

I can try to get there earlier, but its gonna be a hellava day for me. Should we up the time?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm certainly fine with upping the time. It'll take me roughly 14 seconds to get to starting destination :D

Joe.. you're looking at ~ 450 mile day. You alright with that?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a gas station 3 miles from starting point, should anyone need to fill up.

I'll have snacks (almond butter and honey sandwiches) and cold water ready.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm certainly fine with upping the time. It'll take me roughly 14 seconds to get to starting destination :D

Joe.. you're looking at ~ 450 mile day. You alright with that?
http://www.600riders.com/forum/images/smilies/BLAAA!.png

I had guesstimated roughly that amount of time. Im ok with it, have to double check with my a$$ tho!:BLAA: I got the ok from the gf incase I get too tired or sore to get a hotel somewhere. Im use to being in an engineroom in 130deg temps for 10 hours....I understand riding that long is a whole new bag. If everyone keeps an eye on each other we should be good.:thumbup:

PS:
I can shoot for being there by 10, but cut me some slack if Im not, por favor?

Last edited:

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
http://www.600riders.com/forum/images/smilies/BLAAA!.png

I had guesstimated roughly that amount of time. Im ok with it, have to double check with my a$$ tho!:BLAA: I got the ok from the gf incase I get too tired or sore to get a hotel somewhere. Im use to being in an engineroom in 130deg temps for 10 hours....I understand riding that long is a whole new bag. If everyone keeps an eye on each other we should be good.:thumbup:

PS:
I can shoot for being there by 10, but cut me some slack if Im not, por favor?

I didnt realize jersey was more than 150 miles long. lol. I keed I keed. 10 is cool, i feel your pain, thats a hike for you man! :D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didnt realize jersey was more than 150 miles long. lol. I keed I keed. 10 is cool, i feel your pain, thats a hike for you man! :D

Bwahahahah!! Triumph fan? "We're here at the press junket where the press gets to ask questions of Bon Jovi. Quite a turnout, as you can see. Everyone is here. People have come from as far as Exit 12" :rof:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Its for the good of the cause, eric and I have been trying to plan a ride for a while, so Im pretty excited to finally get to do this.

I've never made a ride this long, soooo, any suggestions? Im probably putting on the bags like in my avatar pic, change of clothes, slime and a small pump, etc.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its for the good of the cause, eric and I have been trying to plan a ride for a while, so Im pretty excited to finally get to do this.

I've never made a ride this long, soooo, any suggestions? Im probably putting on the bags like in my avatar pic, change of clothes, slime and a small pump, etc.

Loads of useful info online when it comes to long moto rides.

AOW Listing

Speaking strictly about prevent fatigue and soreness.. I find it's important for me to move around. I'll occasionally stand up for 10-20 seconds and also stick legs out one at a time (straighten them out for a few seconds). Take hands off the bar one at a time and shake them out.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great site and lots of good info, thanks eric. I bought a crampbuster yesterday, throttlemiester asap, when funds are available. :thumbup:

OK....Im shooting for 10am.....Lets go streaking thru the quad! Hahahahahahahaha

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Motojoe-
SD Willie and me along with another guy not on the forum just did a 8 day 1850 mile trip to Canada. The most miles we did in one day was around 380 and this was my first riding experience on a multi overnighter. Typical day trips had been averaging 200 miles sometimes way less.

So advice for that much riding? Stop fairly often maybe every hour or so especially toward the end of the day when your backside and lower back will tell you - "Hey!!! enough already!!".

I had my tank bag packed with snack bars and was using 5 hour energy shots.. worked out pretty well. I would stretch at every stop.. all good still walking upright after that trip, LOL. You will be fine if you pace yourself

BTW, 10am start would be better, I think for all. Traffic builds quickly on the weekend especially on the bridges. OK, well you guys aren't doing bridges.. but just saying to do that many miles it's better to get at it earlier.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Motojoe-
SD Willie and me along with another guy not on the forum just did a 8 day 1850 mile trip to Canada. The most miles we did in one day was around 380 and this was my first riding experience on a multi overnighter. Typical day trips had been averaging 200 miles sometimes way less.

So advice for that much riding? Stop fairly often maybe every hour or so especially toward the end of the day when your backside and lower back will tell you - "Hey!!! enough already!!".

I had my tank bag packed with snack bars and was using 5 hour energy shots.. worked out pretty well. I would stretch at every stop.. all good still walking upright after that trip, LOL. You will be fine if you pace yourself

BTW, 10am start would be better, I think for all. Traffic builds quickly on the weekend especially on the bridges. OK, well you guys aren't doing bridges.. but just saying to do that many miles it's better to get at it earlier.

Rodger that, FB! I just ordered the gel seat, hope its comes in time! I did a test ride with all the bags a couple months ago...went smooth. My gps is good as well, I plan to take GSP up because that way I dont have to get anywhere near Philly. Its about 20 miles longer but time wise its the same. Plus,I like that its a straighter shot there. So, 10 it is!:cheer: And thanks for the tip.

armstrong89z

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm up for the ride too. Just never been on a long ride (more than 170 miles). I did that when I was bored one day and didn't pack anything. I am wondering what should I bring on the trip? I read the site (erci?) put up. I'm guessing chain lube, slime for the tires, gps anything else that I should bring?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm up for the ride too. Just never been on a long ride (more than 170 miles). I did that when I was bored one day and didn't pack anything. I am wondering what should I bring on the trip? I read the site (erci?) put up. I'm guessing chain lube, slime for the tires, gps anything else that I should bring?

Check thru the last few pages of this thread, I think it has some stuff for snacks, 5hr energy drinks....stuff like that. Oh, pm me so we can figure out where to meet on the way up. Later skater!
Joe

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll bring a tire repair kit - the C02 kind

stuff to bring (some mentioned, some not) - snacks, water, energy shots (if you feel inclined), sunscreen, for some riders - Ezpass...

Anyone else can add to this list

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

No need for chain lube if you chain is in good shape before you start the ride. Unless of course it's gonna pour and we still choose to go through with the ride (unlikely).

Last edited:

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Bwahahahah!! Triumph fan? "We're here at the press junket where the press gets to ask questions of Bon Jovi. Quite a turnout, as you can see. Everyone is here. People have come from as far as Exit 12" :rof:

finally a role.....that REQUIRES you to SUCK!

rdrManny

Reaction score
Visit site
I am going to miss this meetup as I have signed up for track day on 6/5. I am busy prepping/travelling on 6/4. Hope we will have more such gathering in future. You guys have great time.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Armstrong89z and I are riding up together, taking a different route there. We will head up between philly and gsp. I got a crampbuster and the comfort gel seat should be here tomorrow. :rockon:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Darn, just saw this thread :( and I won't be able to come along. The 4th is also a bad day for me since I'm oncall that weekend, the 11th would've have been better for me. I haven't really been logging on here for awhile now so my bad. Oh well, enjoy the ride and have a safe travel everyone.

Ares

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Darn, just saw this thread :( and I won't be able to come along. The 4th is also a bad day for me since I'm oncall that weekend, the 11th would've have been better for me. I haven't really been logging on here for awhile now so my bad. Oh well, enjoy the ride and have a safe travel everyone.

Ares

Whereabouts in jersey are you? Its always good to have other people to ride with:thumbup: Im in cape may and armstrong89z is outside AC.