Here it is!

sapna

Reaction score
Visit site
2007 FZ6 with 2500 miles.

Finally got the bike I've always wanted. Drives as nicely as I imagined. 1st and 2nd gears will still take some getting used to though, seems pretty sensitive there. Did anyone else have trouble with those gears? I found it a little difficult to have a smooth transitions between 1st and 2nd gear. Maybe I just need more practice with this new bike.

I love it! Thanks for looking.

Looks good...And yes everyone at first has the same idea of 1-2 transition. You'll find your sweet spot or just get used to the CLUNK. Either way its fine, Welcome to the FZ6.

Only noobs have clutch and first/second gear issues... LOL... Experienced riders never give it a second thought... I have had 2 FZ6's.. never thought twice about it.... I just rode the ****e out of them...:thumbup:

:welcome: and congrats on the bike! Sorry about the color but a good paint shop will put the faster blue on for ya! ;) :D

Sexy red:rockon::rockon::rockon:
Awesome choice of bike and colour..its a beauty..
Yes you will ffeel the jerk in the 1st-2nd gear...but who gives a ****..its a bike u will fall in love every day/month/yr..
I always call it as an allrounder(like a cricketer!) works for any type/situation/kind of use u want to do with it..
Congrats on ur buy again...
RIDE SAFE(hope u have ur gear ready)
KB

Looks great! :thumbup:

Just bang away and your tranny will be fine. An oil change usually helps smooth it out. Just don't ask which oil is best or the fires of hell will consume you. ;) Like what Canadian said, you'll get used to the clutch and tranny. My Buell bangs going into first like the Fizzer just not quite as much, its one of those things.

That's purdy...

You've got enough miles such that you can change out the oil. No, I won't tell you what brand/weight to use. Search for "oil" -- happy reading. If you were to ask me what I use, well, I switched to rotella full synthetic and couldn't be happier. Shifts much smoother.

The 1st/2nd gear thing is fairly common, as has been said. You'll figure it out. My bike does like to be moving just a bit to get it to downshift from second to first, so I tend to do it just as I'm coming to a stop.

And great choice on the color. We let the special-ed folks who ride the blue ones believe that they've got something goin' on there, but we know better...:D

Forgot to mention: get some frame sliders as one of the first mods you do. There are some inexpensive ones on ebay that will do the trick just fine. I think they're "t-rex" brand. You can pay more but you won't really get all that much for your money. IMHO

Welcome.

Last edited:
2007 FZ6 with 2500 miles.

Finally got the bike I've always wanted. Drives as nicely as I imagined. 1st and 2nd gears will still take some getting used to though, seems pretty sensitive there. Did anyone else have trouble with those gears? I found it a little difficult to have a smooth transitions between 1st and 2nd gear. Maybe I just need more practice with this new bike.

I love it! Thanks for looking.
Congrats!!
Great Bike, same color I am looking for.

Thanks for all the feedback! Just waiting a few days for the rain to stop and then I'll be riding for hours.

I do not know anything about my lower cowl. I thought it was a belly pan. Don't even know what the purpose is, but it looks good! Guess I am a newb.

How can I decrease the tension on my clutch, I tried playing around with the rotational thing but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

that "rotational thingy" won't make it easier to pull your clutch in. It's a fine adjustment screw for clutch play. The large adjustment for the clutch is down on the arm coming from the transmission on the right side of the bike. Then, you use the one up on the lever to fine tune where in the lever pull the clutch starts to engage. You should only be able to pull the clutch lever in just a little bit before you start to hear it slip. A common way guys set it up, is to get a quarter, and put it in the gap when you pull the lever, and that is generally the distance of pull before you should notice the slip.
However, if you do want a clutch that is easier to pull, and a fully adjustable reach for your fingers, there is a great pair of ASV levers for sale here in the forum for a good price, brand new! I just got my second set, the other are on my motocross bike and they are great! Can't wait to get them on the FZ tomorrow.

For that 1-2 gear change, preload the shift lever and then pull in the clutch, you'll barely even notice the shift. Becomes automatic after a while

congrats, great looking bike I to had the 1st/2nd clunk either got used to it or it went away with my last oil change when I changed to rotella full synthetic

Congratulations! and great choice on the sexier red!!

:welcome: and congrats on the bike! Sorry about the color but a good paint shop will put the faster blue on for ya! ;) :D

As these two outstanding members have said :welcome: but only one of them is correct on the colour ..........;)

Back