BEWARE MICHELIN 2CTs!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
So if i were to change tires again this weekend..... What is considered a safe tire these days LOL. The pirelli diablos? The BT020? This is ridiculous!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! just wow! never sen tyres do that $hit! Crazy stuff! if they are trying to bluff you outta a legal challenge....that means they know they have an issue!

:(

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang...my bike is at the shop right now getting PR3's put on. I can't believe this...:(

I would call them and tell them you changed your mind, take them off! You may need to pay a bit more for the extra labor, but then you won't be stuck with the tire price tag.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I threw a warning out to my Facebook friends to watch their tire pressures and tread closely if they have PR3s. Probably a good plan for anybody that has these until something is figured out and done about it. I wouldn't panic too much if you just had these put on your bike, just check them closely before and after each ride!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
After reading through this, in addition to earlier issues with the first generation of these Michelin tires, you can rest assured I am never buying Michelin. Sorry for all of you who just bought, and feel even worse for people who have gone down because of this.

I might just go ahead and stick with Bridgestone. On my 3rd set now and never had an issue.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So if i were to change tires again this weekend..... What is considered a safe tire these days LOL. The pirelli diablos? The BT020? This is ridiculous!!!

Get your BT023's like we were talking about! :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There was another person on our forum that had an issue with I believe Michelin. They weren't 2ct but another model tire and his bike felt really bad with the new tires. He took them off and the side walls were really weird and squishy. Again he got the run around. This was a form member here. I believe he may have gotten another brand...
I'll try to find the link later...

Last edited:

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
Did that guy from last year with the PR3s ever post an update? His story always seemed a bit fishy to me.

OP, what was the date number on your tires? The sidewall should have a 4 digit number where the first two digits make up the week of manufacture and the last two are the year.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been running Michelin's for years with no problem. I just put on the same tire on my rear. I will be watching this thread to see how this concludes. So far no complaints. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbup:

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Im in the same boat, just bought mine :(.

Just had mine put on two weeks ago. Damn. I really cannot afford to replace these things yet either. Guess im just gonna have to hope nothing happens:(

This tire is one of the best selling tires at the shop I go to so im interested to see how this plays out. Could you check the timestamp on the sidewall of the tire? Maybe we should be concerned if they are from the same batch.

EDIT nsaP looks like we were thinking the same thing with the timestamp haha

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The scary part of this is the tire quickly disintegrates without warning. There's no amount of watching that will help you when it fails. If you have them I would pull them off. This includes the front as well.

It would be good if Michelin would respond to this, either in complete denial or admittance to a problem and I find it a little eery that DOT hasn't jumped on this.

Is there no additional info regarding what seems to be multiple failures? Has there ever been any info on what the outcome was with one of our other members that has the same thing happen?

We may end up with the same situation with this thread as what happened with the last thread with the same tires.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff i actually wanted the bt023 but they didnt have them in stock. So i asked for pilot road 2's and came back to pick up my bike with pilot road 3's on there lol. But i think i will spend the money and just put on a new set of bt023's this weekend.

Crax

Reaction score
Visit site
I sent them the tire. They sent it back
You said you sent your tire in to Michelin already? Are you sure you got the same one back? Would have been pretty easy for them to keep yours and give you one back that was blown due to improper tire pressure.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
One thing is sure mate, Michellin lost some customers from this forum :) Be it true or false, this topic is enough for me to consider other options. I'm not saying anything, just that I'm gonna avoid these as I am curently looking for a new set of tires myself.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing is sure mate, Michellin lost some customers from this forum :) Be it true or false, this topic is enough for me to consider other options. I'm not saying anything, just that I'm gonna avoid these as I am curently looking for a new set of tires myself.

That's why I was saying that it would be good for Michelin to do or say something....To be totally silent and have people that are having this same problem kind of shifts the tide with regard to this issue. We now have 2 members of this forum that have claimed to have the same tire issue with like response to the customers/consumers.

It's not even an issue that you can look for and detect. These specific tires seem to fail in an instant. It may not be the tread or the compound but the combination of tread and compound that fail but silence in this case doesn't seem to be golden....

Hope it works out for everyone. I know Michelin makes a good tire save this one but it seems there are unanswered issues.
Is there something we're missing????