BEWARE MICHELIN 2CTs!

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
I have got about 8k+ miles on my pr3s, the rear was made in Thailand 3411. The front was also Thailand, 1810. I'll be keeping an eye on them both but I have seen no issues as of yet. I must say your tire looks very suspicious how it fell apart. That seems to me like a defect of some sort.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
SpeedRacer I think you should follow the advice on the prior page given by OhGood regarding settting up a webpage/youtube vid and telling your story. The more attention you can draw to this tire fiasco the better able people will be to make an informed decision on what tire to buy or in this case NOT to buy.

For sure this will give you a great satisfaction and if it happens to erode some profit from Michelin, even better.

full disclosure here, I have 11.5k on my PR2's and think this is the best sport touring tire out there right now based on my experience. But the PR3?? Geez!! what a steaming, dangerous POS. Glad you are sharing your experience here.. let's get it viral out on the web.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the part that irks me the most is how Michelin is just saying "pssh, whatever" to you. What kind of company are they to treat their paying customers like that?

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
... I ended up switching to the Angel STs- as soon as I saw the ridiculous test they put them through I was sold (Pirelli Set 24 Hour Endurance Record Using The New Angel ST Tyre | bikerholic.com) They are AMAZING:D

Short article, but the point is delivered. However, note the jeans, long sleeves & sweatshirts worn by the folks on the track. I suspect the temperature was not near the 80+ degree mark that would also increase the temperature of the tarmack & tires themselves. Yes, extended high performance use will heat those babies up, but even more so if the outside temps are 80, 90+. I'm a hugh Pirelli fan & will probably go with these ST's when I "finally" get my 6.

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
I went through every brand of tire on my Hayabusa til I tried my first set of 2CT's.

They were the single greatest thing I ever did for the bikes performance.

Extreme amount of grip and lean angle.

Low miles though on the heavy bike...about 3000 miles...but worth it to get maximum grip and lean angle.

The amount of heat I use to generate in them at the track was ridiculious you could not even put your bare hand on the rims...NEVER had a problem with tread separation with the 10+ sets I went through before I sold the busa.

I'll be putting a set on my 09 FZ6 after I put a few more miles on this set of stock tires only 1500 miles on them so far.

In case anyone is wonder how I went from a hayabusa to a FZ6...sold the busa when i broke 60K miles cause i knew id never be able to sell it if i put anymore miles on it...bought the FZ6 to hold me over for street riding until suzuki does a major update on the hayabusa...

CMP2.JPG

Last edited: