Socal racers, unite! [[now w/ PICS]] - May 25th - Willow Springs

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Socal racers, unite! - May 25th - Willow Springs

What is the difference between Intermediate and Advanced? I assume all racers, pretty much in Advanced?

The reason I ask is I run Group 1 (Beginner and Intermediate) I'm an advanced intermediate but could probably go to Group 2 (Advanced/Racers) at the track I normally go to but probably not on a new track.

I'd like some coaching to learn the track and be safe there. I suppose sign up for intermediate?

Go intermediate, it's what all the cool kids are doing!

Seriously, it's where you belong. You can still learn the track early in the day and run the pace you want once you become comfortable. It's really not a technical track.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Go intermediate, it's what all the cool kids are doing!

Seriously, it's where you belong. You can still learn the track early in the day and run the pace you want once you become comfortable. It's really not a technical track.

And Lord knows at my age I need to be with the cool kids. ;)

Sounds like the smart thing to do. :D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site

This is going to be:

633614891569716640-awesome.jpg

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site

We are all expecting a lot of pictures and video. Good luck to all of you on the track.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm in!

Just called Hypercycle and they opened up a seat for me. :D

We will leave Austin on Thursday, stop in El Paso with friends, then to Tucson stay with my mom for a day or so then in to SoCal.

On the way back we'll hit Phoenix and visit friends and family there.

The bike won't be tune but that is okay. Gotta pick that up tomorrow finish building the trailer, pack and load. Whewww....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

So guys how much track comfort stuff should I bring???

I usually bring a shade tent, folding chairs, coolers, tool box, 5 gallon fuel bottle, odds and ends box (oil, funnels, duct tape rolls, rags, hand cleaner, etc, etc). Should I bring all this stuff or will some have most of this stuff. I can bring it as I'll have room on my trailer.

Thanks!

I can't tell you guys how stoked I am for this trip!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org

dang, no matter how I really plan it, unless I leave early AM from Carmel Valley, it looks like I wouldn't make it until 5pm to meet you guys and I'm not sure if some of you would have left already...I guess there's always next time...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wife would like to know if there is something to do while we are riding around in circles. Don't laugh - shopping?

I told her she could be the umbrella girl and she said she bought a new sun-dress. :rolleyes: That's my girl!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

Pete, this is great news!

I’ll be bringing the following:

- One ratty FZ6
- Track canopy
- One cooler for lots of drinks and my lunch
- 5 gallon gas can (I’ll probably need most all of it and it will be 87)
- My tool box

I’ll have to go check tonight to see if I have any chairs. I’m pretty sure left them all behind in Chicago.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

So guys how much track comfort stuff should I bring???

I usually bring a shade tent, folding chairs, coolers, tool box, 5 gallon fuel bottle, odds and ends box (oil, funnels, duct tape rolls, rags, hand cleaner, etc, etc). Should I bring all this stuff or will some have most of this stuff. I can bring it as I'll have room on my trailer.

Thanks!

I can't tell you guys how stoked I am for this trip!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

If you have room, I'd bring everything... you never know, and it's sometimes a pain to rely on other ppl's stuff :)

About your wife, I believe the closest mall would be in Lancaster, about 30min from the track... else she is welcome to be our pit helper! :D Just kidding, we already have Cali_Rider for that LOL :rof:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org

She will be totally fine hanging out. With all you guys going out in a few different groups, there will be people under your tent all the time (especially if Cali Rider doesn't ride and just hits on her all day!!!) You could bring a camp stove and have her cook a cool lunch (while that sounds chauvinistic, I meant it as something to do and not male superiority!!)

haha - someone teach her to ride

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

Are you guys planning to rent a lap timer? It would be interesting to see who's the quickest :)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Are you guys planning to rent a lap timer? It would be interesting to see who's the quickest :)

Not me, I'm doing Team Weeble, wobble but don't all down. I just want to learn the track and have fun. Beside the 11 has a lap counter built in. :D

Wife actually found a friend and may hang with them, however I've been laying on a huge guilt trip.

live2ride600

Younger Member :)
Reaction score
Visit site

Is it too late to sign up?? Im just curious because I would love to make it...if so then lets do it some other time soon!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Is it too late to sign up?? Im just curious because I would love to make it...if so then lets do it some other time soon!!

Give them a call at the shop. They sold out between yesterday and today. I called them and told them I was driving in from TX and he said he could fit me in. Give it a shot!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

One of the benefits on having a camera set up on the bike...built in lap timer. But really, with all of us in the same group...I think we'll all get a good idea of everyone's pace by the end of the day.

So who all is coming? Here' the list I'm aware of:

Wavex
Mostro
Hellgate
DefyInertia

And those that will be there but not riding:

Cali_Rider
rsw1
oso2K
Hellgate's wife

Did I miss anyone?

Also, am I the only one intimidated by turns 8 and 9? I've never done the super fast stuff before. Had a dream last night that I high-sided on lap 1, T3, of Session 1 !! !!!! Bike was totalled...but I was perfectly fine. I remember flying through the air realizing I was highsiding :D

In any event, WS has quite the rep but I'm sure it will be fine once I get out there.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

No I'm concerned about those corners too. I'm more of a short technical track rider.