Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike at the front of the original First Baptist Church of Grapevine:

Historical tidbit:

If accepted, how about your bike and a theatre marquee?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Way cool!
I love the challenge being met with 24 hours - that's an excellent response, and I really like the extra shot with context. When I put a shot into BOTM I always try to add some informative description.
so lets see some more members having a go at this one: Your bike and a Theatre Marquee

brle7817

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with you agf; it's more fun to get a description and/or context with a picture. The goal is to inspire riding, and to see some unique sights along the way that we might otherwise overlook.

Your bike and a theatre marquee

brle7817

Reaction score
Visit site
*Bump*

I know the weather here in north Texas is absolutely beautiful today! Is there really nobody out riding? Let's get this game back in full swing!

Current challenge is your bike and a theatre marquee.

Taz3

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh this is so cool! Totally going to try to jump into this game once the freakish weather around here levels out enough to ride (had the bike out Feb 3rd, was like 6C and clear roads. This weekend has been dipping down to -12C and massive ice storm, snowed last week too, lol).

Current challenge is your bike and a theatre marquee.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike and a Theatre Marquee

Adee, sorry not quite sure what a theatre Marquee is. Do you mean a theatre or a marque (like they use in the circus), we never have a theatre in a Marque over here.

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike and a Theatre Marquee

Adee, sorry not quite sure what a theatre Marquee is. Do you mean a theatre or a marque (like they use in the circus), we never have a theatre in a Marque over here.

Hi Martin, not actually my challenge But I'm thinking maybe a theatre forecourt or where a thetare has alll the playbills displayed...maybe the OP can better explain it

brle7817

Reaction score
Visit site
I apologize for the confusion; it would be called a marquee here in my neck of the woods. I am referring to the board where the theatre would display the shows and/or times.

Here is an example.

In this case, a similar display board for a movie theatre is acceptable as well.

Your bike and a theatre marquee.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I apologize for the confusion; it would be called a marquee here in my neck of the woods. I am referring to the board where the theatre would display the shows and/or times.

Here is an example.

In this case, a similar display board for a movie theatre is acceptable as well.

Your bike and a theatre marquee.

Thanks for the explaination, we don't have anything like that here, it used to be this way back in the 60's/70's but if this challenge is still standing at the end of 2 weeks I'll take a picture in front of our modern, glass fronted theatre. So come on guys get your skates on :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the explaination, we don't have anything like that here, it used to be this way back in the 60's/70's but if this challenge is still standing at the end of 2 weeks I'll take a picture in front of our modern, glass fronted theatre. So come on guys get your skates on :thumbup:
ok Martin, thers a challenge- see what I can do b4 you get to the w/end

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
local "County Theater" - is this acceptable as a marquee? It's not quite as flashy as the example, but - I waited around until dusk and they turned the lights on.

DSC01620.jpg

DSC01621.jpg

If accepted - what if my challenge has already been done? I haven't read through all 165 pages of this thread (!), but... here goes:

Your bike next an old fire truck. Extra points if you are on the fire truck.
Example here: http://www.newbaltimorefire.org/images/AntiqueFireTruck/AntiqueSept19_2010.jpg

brle7817

Reaction score
Visit site
local "County Theater" - is this acceptable as a marquee? It's not quite as flashy as the example, but - I waited around until dusk and they turned the lights on.

View attachment 66238

View attachment 66239

If accepted - what if my challenge has already been done? I haven't read through all 165 pages of this thread (!), but... here goes:

Your bike next an old fire truck. Extra points if you are on the fire truck.
Example here: http://www.newbaltimorefire.org/images/AntiqueFireTruck/AntiqueSept19_2010.jpg
Love it! Awesome pics!

New challenge: your bike and an old firetruck

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Love it! Awesome pics!

New challenge: your bike and an old firetruck

This game has been running for a looooong time and its hard to think up a fresh untried challenge, but in the 5 years I've played I havnt seen a challenge come up twice, every new forum member can have a go and we'll prob still not see an old one resurface.
There is a list of the challenges early in this thread, If I get a chance I'll find the post # and re-fresh all our memories

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The first 238 challenges are listed in post #1 and post #2 in this thread, not sure who the moderator is for this one or if anyone can edit to include the latest challenges.

those first posts a good spot to check for inspiration and variation on an already used theme, in my book anyway, is alright. I just love that folks are still interested in playing.

Current challenge:
Your bike and an old firetruck

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This one has been unchalleneged for awhile. Weather here/for me has been poor for riding (we had _snow_ yesterday). If no one can find an old fire truck after today... what do we think about bumping it down to _any_ fire truck, old or new?

Current Challenge - your bike and an old fire truck.

brle7817

Reaction score
Visit site
I can run out to Roanoake and nab it this week. Nascar was in town this weekend so traffic out there was a nightmare.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wasn't easy - you have to look through the middle-window over the right-front tire of the fire truck... that's my bike. Reflection was too bad to take it the other way. Including a 2nd with more modern ones.

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

New/Current Challenge - your bike and you - or someone - sitting on it while eating an ice cream cone. Surely this one won't be too hard.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's just fun! Whether or not the challenge has been done before, doesn't matter, it's about getting out there and riding! Yippee! :Sport:

But, one thing would be helpful....repeating current challenge in every new reply, it's easier to find the latest..........

New/Current Challenge - your bike and you - or someone - sitting on it while eating an ice cream cone. Surely this one won't be too hard