LOTs of PICs of trackday

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent photo's, with what looked like excellent conditions. ie sunny and warm:thumbup:

Here is the weather for a typical uk track day:eek:

_D4N2579.jpg

Cheers

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess what I am trying to say is that while it is dangerous (you're going fast on a motorcycle and things can happen), it is also much safer than trying to be Johny Rockets in the canyons... there are no cars, no cops, no deers crossing the road, no oil (normally) on the pavement, there's an ambulance right there in case...etc... and control riders (with flashy yellow vest) in all groups (more in group C) that are supposed to make sure everyone rides safely, and you can ask them for help at anytime... they will ride in front of you to show you the line, or behind you to watch you so they can give you advice later (or in the hot pit, during your session).

In other words, while it's not a "safe sport" per se, I would highly recommend you try it out! Don't let the risk stop you because I believe the experience is well worth it, and may give you that confidence you need to be a safer rider on the streets :rockon:

Agreed

Safer to push it on the track, than the street. A lot safer. But definitely not "safe" to push a motorcycle regardless of where you do it. Armed with that knowledge, each person has to make their own choices as to how much fun they want to have...and how much risk they can tolerate.

If you're willing to push it at the track, over a number of track days you will undoubtedly become more of a master of your motorcycle which can only help you on the street. Knowing that you are asking 20% of your skills and your motorcycle while riding reasonably on the street can go along way in being a confident and safe street rider. When it comes time to E-brake when leaned way over and hauling through a canyon turn, you'll be ready because you'll have done that and more at the track many times....for example.

ok back to work

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Once you've done a track day you'll realize how stupid riding fast on canyons, etc. is. Don't get me wrong, it's fun but on the street there are so many things beyond your control.

In general they are very safe and when people crash they typically don't get hurt too bad. Usually bruises of the body and the ego.

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
About Laguna Seca, all I have to say is: BASTARD!!!! I realllllllly want to do it too!!!! hopefully next year... how much was it? group B?

Haha, that's what I said when I saw that my friends signed up. ;) Luckily there were a few spots left so I snagged one for Group B. I want to say it was something like $250... -pricey, but Laguna is Laguna :rockon:

I still have no idea how I'm getting my bike up there, but the corkscrew calls my name so I'll figure something out.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, that's what I said when I saw that my friends signed up. ;) Luckily there were a few spots left so I snagged one for Group B. I want to say it was something like $250... -pricey, but Laguna is Laguna :rockon:

I still have no idea how I'm getting my bike up there, but the corkscrew calls my name so I'll figure something out.

fz6nick has rented a u-haul a couple of times for race days that are hours away. He said it was relatively cheap, and worked great. You should PM him for details. Have fun!!