Socal racers, unite! [[now w/ PICS]] - May 25th - Willow Springs

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Socal racers, unite! - May 25th - Willow Springs

Oh got you Nate... I don't know the breakdown per group, but I have a solution for you: sign the f up NOW! :D

Oh and John may have an A group ticket (I think it's A group) for sale if you're interested.... even though I would prefer to have you with me in B so we can play.... :D

mostro

Previous FZ6'er
Reaction score
Visit site

Just signed up guys, I'll be there! :rockon:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site

Taking an initial head count: David, Nate? You staying too mostro?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

John says I can use the A spot for B (B is middle, right?). I'll post up once that gets done.

oso2K, it's an easy trip from your place to the tracK? about an hour or so? Even w/ Memorial Day traffic? I'll post up once I buy my pass.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site

oso2K, it's an easy trip from your place to the tracK? about an hour or so? Even w/ Memorial Day traffic? I'll post up once I buy my pass.

Easy trip. Says 50 minutes on google maps but I'm sure it's a lot quicker. Shouldn't be much traffic heading that way at 5:30AM. Everyone traveling to the desert to camp will already be there.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

I am meeting with John for lunch today and will confirm this afternoon. Right now it looks like John, mostro and I will be driving up in my car, so I need to make sure we are all on the same page and available Sunday afternoon/evening. Again, bear with us Louis, we will confirm shortly.

Nate: yes, B is the middle group, and I am sure they'll let you switch group if you buy John's ticket.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site

I am meeting with John for lunch today and will confirm this afternoon. Right now it looks like John, mostro and I will be driving up in my car, so I need to make sure we are all on the same page and available Sunday afternoon/evening. Again, bear with us Louis, we will confirm shortly.

Nate: yes, B is the middle group, and I am sure they'll let you switch group if you buy John's ticket.

NP. David, John, mostro, Nate, rsw81. I'm just trying to keep track. Need to make sure I have enough bbq. ;)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

OK, so pending any last minute change, the plan is as follow:

Mostro, Cali_Rider and I will drive to Oso's pad Sunday late afternoon... Oso, I really don't want you to have to buy/prepare/cook anything for us, as it is already nice enough of you to offer us a place to stay overnight... so please don't worry about the food, we can just get some beers at the corner liquor store and order Pizza once we get there... the point of this is to hang out with all of you guys and be able to save an hour of drive the next morning, not to create work for you!

Now for the questions:

- is it OK if we get there at around 6 or 7:00pm?
- I assume we need to bring our sleeping bags?
- I have a blow-up bed as well, should I bring it?
- do you have a spot that's relatively safe to park the trailer (with 2 bikes on it)?
- do you prefer red or white wine? :D

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site

Mostro, Cali_Rider and I will drive to Oso's pad Sunday late afternoon... Oso, I really don't want you to have to buy/prepare/cook anything for us, as it is already nice enough of you to offer us a place to stay overnight... so please don't worry about the food, we can just get some beers at the corner liquor store and order Pizza once we get there... the point of this is to hang out with all of you guys and be able to save an hour of drive the next morning, not to create work for you!

Dude!?!?!? Memorial Day is the first official day of the BBQ'ing, Offroading, Motorcycling, Camping Seasons. Isn't it illegal to do less than two of those things on that weekend? It should be. I'm gonna be grilling no matter what. And I'll probably have a coworker or two over if they don't take their boat out that weekend.

You can share some of my grill works, or you can have some pizza. Your choice. The fiancee and I are gonna do this either way. And I was thinking something like London Broil, chicken breast, tortillas, chips, salad, and a few rolls. All inexpensive, easy to prepare stuff.

- is it OK if we get there at around 6 or 7:00pm?
That works. If you want to get there earlier, that would work too as I'll probably start grilling around 4 or 5pm.
- I assume we need to bring our sleeping bags?
That would probably help. I have two beds (1 queen, 1 full) in those guest rooms and 2 or 3 of the 6 couches I mentioned are probably big/comfortable enough to sleep on, maybe.
- I have a blow-up bed as well, should I bring it?
I don't have air mattresses so if you like sleeping on one, that could help you guys.
- do you have a spot that's relatively safe to park the trailer (with 2 bikes on it)?
I have an RV pad and a drive-thru garage (secondary garage door has another garage door leading to back yard instead of a back wall). I could fit about 3 (maybe 4) 5'x8' trailers (in addition to my 5'x8' currently on the RV pad) on my property in securable locations.
- do you prefer red or white wine? :D
I prefer Stella Artois but if you're offering to bring some good red wine from the old country, I'm certainly happy to try some.

I'll PM you guys my address in a minute.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

hahaha I did not mean to insult your hospitality when I said "don't cook anything"!!! Thank you very much again you're a great dude!
We will definitely bring the Stella Artois and some meat for the grill, and I'll have a little surprise from the "old country" as well for you :)

Everything else sounds perfect so again: THANK YOU LOUIS!!!

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site

Dude!?!?!? Memorial Day is the first official day of the BBQ'ing, Offroading, Motorcycling, Camping Seasons. Isn't it illegal to do less than two of those things on that weekend? It should be. I'm gonna be grilling no matter what. And I'll probably have a coworker or two over if they don't take their boat out that weekend.

You can share some of my grill works, or you can have some pizza. Your choice. The fiancee and I are gonna do this either way. And I was thinking something like London Broil, chicken breast, tortillas, chips, salad, and a few rolls. All inexpensive, easy to prepare stuff.

That works. If you want to get there earlier, that would work too as I'll probably start grilling around 4 or 5pm.

That would probably help. I have two beds (1 queen, 1 full) in those guest rooms and 2 or 3 of the 6 couches I mentioned are probably big/comfortable enough to sleep on, maybe.

I don't have air mattresses so if you like sleeping on one, that could help you guys.

I have an RV pad and a drive-thru garage (secondary garage door has another garage door leading to back yard instead of a back wall). I could fit about 3 (maybe 4) 5'x8' trailers (in addition to my 5'x8' currently on the RV pad) on my property in securable locations.

I prefer Stella Artois but if you're offering to bring some good red wine from the old country, I'm certainly happy to try some.

I'll PM you guys my address in a minute.

Thank you very much for your hospitality Louis, I appreciate it. Looking forward to a nice bench racing session.

BTW, anyone interested in some nice tequila? I can fulfill that part...

mostro

Previous FZ6'er
Reaction score
Visit site

BTW, anyone interested in some nice tequila? I can fulfill that part...

... Says the guy not riding in the morning! :Flip: :thumbup:

Louis, thanks a metric **** ton for the awesome hospitality. You rock man.

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site

Man.... you guys sure are makin me jealous....... Be nice to be out there with yall. :(

Hope everyone has fun, rides safe, and put your fz's or R1s or gxers to work.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

Man.... you guys sure are makin me jealous....... Be nice to be out there with yall. :(

Hope everyone has fun, rides safe, and put your fz's or R1s or gxers to work.

Sorry Nick, not to rub it in, but it's gonna be a $hit load of fun. Thanks Louis for putting us all up for the afternoon and night. It should be a ton of fun. I'll be riding up, so no room on the bike to bring beer or wine, but I'll gladly throw some cash on the table to cover some of the BBQing and beer you purchase.:thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

Well, I'm in...no doubt.

I'll be taking my truck down and will bring my track day tent, 5 gallon gas can, a cooler, and a sleeping bag. Gotta run now but will post more later....

Louis is the man.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site

Talked to the fiancee and it turns out she's inviting some of her (single) friends too. So this is turning into a regular ol' cook out. I'll be picking up more meat it seems. So if you guys want to contribute. Just pick up some chips, soda, and alcohol. Figure on about 15 people.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

So does Willow have noise restrictions on aftermarket pipes like Laguna? This will be my first track day in Cali and it seems things are run a little different out here? Anything else I should know about BEFORE the riders meeting?

:steve: