SoCal Octoberfest ride Sunday Oct. 13th

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Add one more FZ to that list. Lets make it tentative. Which means ill make it... But depends on work not requesting me to go in.

Verharen, I moved to Quail Rock rd. maby you be ok with swooping me there before meeting up with the Goop?

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Udated...

Cali rider
Lefty
Jblk9695
Goop
t1j2f3
Verharen
sandctrev (tentative)
marke14 (tentative)

:rockon:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
A quick update....

- The meet time can be as early as you all want it to be as it's less than 2 miles from my house.

- The date is Sunday, October 13 2013

- We should firm up the route choice before Monday 7th. Right now we have 3 votes for option 1 (me included). This choice does cover this infamous Snake, but we will be traveling through there early to avoid the absolute crazy activity that can build around noon on weekends.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Option 1!! Jen, Spencer: are you cool with heading out at 7?

WP 8/Lumia 920 using Board Express

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Option 1 for me also if it's cool with our SD hoons..:thumbup: It also skirts all the places I lived growing up in SoCal until 1973.. Oh crap, I just realized that was 40 years ago. :eek:

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just spent two hours at my Urologist's office this afternoon for incredible pain in my kidney region. Getting a CT scan in the morning to see if it's kidney stones (once again) or a muscle/skeletal issue, neither of which will make me miss this ride unless I'm in the hospital that weekend. Painkillers rock! :rockon:

Good news, it was only back spasms accelerated by my desk chair at work. Took some painkillers last night, got a good night's sleep, adjusted my chair at work this morning and feeling 100% by the end of the day. ..Let's ride!! :BLAA:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Both routes look great, but I like route #1 best too.

I'm worried about the total mileage for me, so I'm trying to figure out how to avoid biting off more than I can chew. I know a couple people in Orange county I might be able to stay with Sat night so my Sunday ride won't be too much for me. Even at my best, my daily range on the gixxer is around 400 mi. And I've got work all day Monday...unless I can change that too...let me think about this.

I'm in, but I may need to join Mark in cutting out early.

Goop, Sandctrev - I hope you understand my dilemma. I'll let you know as soon as I've made a decision as to where/when I'm starting.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Both routes look great, but I like route #1 best too.

I'm worried about the total mileage for me, so I'm trying to figure out how to avoid biting off more than I can chew. I know a couple people in Orange county I might be able to stay with Sat night so my Sunday ride won't be too much for me. Even at my best, my daily range on the gixxer is around 400 mi. And I've got work all day Monday...unless I can change that too...let me think about this.

I'm in, but I may need to join Mark in cutting out early.

Goop, Sandctrev - I hope you understand my dilemma. I'll let you know as soon as I've made a decision as to where/when I'm starting.

Understood! I'm guessing I would get home around 7-8 PM that night if we start at 8 AM. It's a round trip of about 475 miles. Plus time for gas stops, lunch, etc.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Understood! I'm guessing I would get home around 7-8 PM that night if we start at 8 AM. It's a round trip of about 475 miles. Plus time for gas stops, lunch, etc.

Yeah, it's not the early morning start but the total mileage that has me concerned. I'm going to AAA Speedway tomorrow to hang out with some gixxer track day enthusiasts...one of them lives in Long Beach. I may ask his wife if they have a guest room!

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Oohhh... My butts gonna be soooorrre. I like it. Must get oil changed. No worries Jen. I may stop my ride short on the way home myself. Mrs. Sandctrev's parents live in Encinitas. Bummer Motogiro can't make it.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really appreciate the extra effort you SD kids are making to make this ride. :rockon:
I know how those long days in the saddle feel, I'm packing a couple of 400+ mile days on both sides of the Sunday ride. :eek:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been thinking and thinking about this. I'm just gonna say Fook It and ride. :rolleyes: I'll pretend I'm Vegasrider!

:BLAA:

In looking at the map, it seems like it is just freeway once we get back to the 210, so I'm planning on splitting off there so I can get over to the 15 to head South. My hope will be to avoid traffic through the heart of LA, and to have my last 100mi on familiar roads.

Goop - 7am meet up is fine with me if that will get us where we need to be on time. Where shall we meet?
If we are taking the 15 to the 78 to the 5, then I propose the Chevron at Via Rancho Pkwy (by North County Fair). address: 215 East Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido, CA 92025​

Sandctrev - where can I pick you up?

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You're penciled Stacy. :thumbup:

Cali rider
Lefty
Jblk9695
Goop
t1j2f3
Verharen
sandctrev
marke14 (tentative)
Tailgate (tentative)

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
\

Goop - 7am meet up is fine with me if that will get us where we need to be on time. Where shall we meet?
If we are taking the 15 to the 78 to the 5, then I propose the Chevron at Via Rancho Pkwy (by North County Fair). address: 215 East Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido, CA 92025​

That's perfect!