SoCal Octoberfest ride Sunday Oct. 13th

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
A little video of our ride, battery died before we made it to Castaic Lake and I was brain dead and forgot I could plug it into the power outlet:spank:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDRuOlrne_8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUdE8JIO_1HONt5AIhV6-05w]So Cal Octoberfest - YouTube[/ame]

Jerry

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great video Jerry, thanks for posting it up. :thumbup: After we rode the "Snake" I had to ask Cali rider if we had ridden through that "crash" corner so famous on YouTube since I hadn't noticed any of the corners to be that crash worthy. It wasn't until I saw your video that I remembered that infamous (lol) corner.
I have to say one thing though, being the sweeper all day kept me from being videotaped doing anything naughty..:spank:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Man! I'm bummed I didn't get to go on this ride!

Thank you people for the great pics and video! :rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A little video of our ride, battery died before we made it to Castaic Lake and I was brain dead and forgot I could plug it into the power outlet:spank:

Great vid, Jerry! Thanks for sharing. Wow.. 3.93 for regular???! 3.25 in NJ right now.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link Bryan, Mrs. Lefty told me to order a pic..even though I was only going about 30 mph through the corner. :(. :spank:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: Jerry, I love that video! Now everyone can hear how cool Betty's new sound is since you were right behind me for the middle stretch of your video!

I was talking to Lefty for most of the part you recorded, and at 6:42 I stood up and wiggled my butt because I had made some joke about making sure the guy behind me had a good view. :spank: Had no idea I was on film! Oh, and I blipped the throttle as we passed the Rock Shop just to make sure everyone there could hear Betty. :rolleyes:

Seriously guys, I'm ready to go again. That was an awesome ride. I'm off this Thursday...:D

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: I was talking to Lefty for most of the part you recorded, ...

Seriously guys, I'm ready to go again. That was an awesome ride. I'm off this Thursday...:D

I'm jealous, you guys (this includes you, Jen) enjoying instant two/three-way Sena com while riding. And, yeah, that ride was great except Motogiro (and VEGASRIDER) was absent. Betty's got it all: looks, personality, charm, vibes, ECU, gusto... (too much to list). :thumbup:

Last edited:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
:thumbup: Jerry, I love that video! Now everyone can hear how cool Betty's new sound is since you were right behind me for the middle stretch of your video!

I was talking to Lefty for most of the part you recorded, and at 6:42 I stood up and wiggled my butt because I had made some joke about making sure the guy behind me had a good view. :spank: Had no idea I was on film! Oh, and I blipped the throttle as we passed the Rock Shop just to make sure everyone there could hear Betty. :rolleyes:

LOL, I wondered what you were wiggling for, just thought you had "Monkey Butt"
Thursday, I'm in, where to?

Jerry

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried to get pics of everyone with their bike, but I didn't quite. Here's what I was able to catch with my phone...before the battery went dead from overuse!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
For a good collection of mishaps on "The Snake" look no further...ouch!

Mulholland Crash Clips - YouTube

And a lot of them are caused by going to slow and hanging off too far and gravity takes over and boom down they go right into the guard rail or side of the hill:spank: The first clip really illustrates that point, in this case he didn't know how to lean and BOOM.
After going around that corner it's really not that technical and just takes a little skill to negotiate, IMHO:D

Jerry

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And a lot of them are caused by going to slow and hanging off too far and gravity takes over and boom down they go right into the guard rail or side of the hill:spank: The first clip really illustrates that point, in this case he didn't know how to lean and BOOM.
After going around that corner it's really not that technical and just takes a little skill to negotiate, IMHO:D

Jerry

True that!

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried to get pics of everyone with their bike

Thanks for taking and posting those pics!

I especially love Spencer's picture, as it's like an advertisement for Carl's Jr.!

"I don't always ride out for fast-food, but when I do, I prefer Carl's Jr.!"

Awesome! (with apologies to The Most Interesting Man In The World)