Winters End Kickoff Ride

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah yeah , I know, Us Socal wimps don't really get a winter. Not really true we even get snow a higher elevations when there's is precipitation. For the most part our weather allows us the opportunity to ride year round and I've felt bad this year because I know friends, family and forum members that are sick of this years harsher winter.

So the theme for this ride is on the positive note that winter's on the way out and you have some fun riding coming your way.

This is a short notice for anyone interested in hooking up with us in the San Diego area this Saturday March 15th. We will meet at the Shell gas station on Mira Mesa Blvd. near the 15 freeway at @10am.

We will be riding Sunrise Highway area.
As always we're ATGATT riders.. :)
We have:
Goop
Motogiro
Jblk9695
Verharen

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah yeah , I know, Us Socal wimps don't really get a winter. Not really true we even get snow a higher elevations when there's is precipitation. For the most part our weather allows us the opportunity to ride year round and I've felt bad this year because I know friends, family and forum members that are sick of this years harsher winter.

So the theme for this ride is on the positive note that winter's on the way out and you have some fun riding coming your way.

This is a short notice for anyone interested in hooking up with us in the San Diego area this Saturday March 15th. We will meet at the Shell gas station on Mira Mesa Blvd. near the 15 freeway at @10am.

We have:
Goop
Motogiro
Jblk9695
Verharen

Not sure the theme makes things any better for us. We'll still be catty, jealous and spiteful - but that's just because of the Seasonal Affective Disorder.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We have:
Goop
Motogiro
Jblk9695
Verharen
FinalImpact In as distant spirit... ... ...:thumbup:

FWIW I am trying to find a place to rent a bike from so perhaps early summer I'll join you!?!

Have fun and Be Safe!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FinalImpact In as distant spirit... ... ...:thumbup:

FWIW I am trying to find a place to rent a bike from so perhaps early summer I'll join you!?!

Have fun and Be Safe!

Why not ride down on the FZ? Take the scenic route and introduce yourself to lane splitting 101. Back in 2007, many of these same riders were all strangers to me at one point, but I'm glad I took the time to go meet and ride alongside many of them. I have hooked up many times since then but not so lately since I moved up to Idaho, but hopefully that will change this summer. Planning to go visit California on the FZ or maybe on a new MTS pending on the outcome of my ACL surgery on Monday.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Why not ride down on the FZ? Take the scenic route and introduce yourself to lane splitting 101. Back in 2007, many of these same riders were all strangers to me at one point, but I'm glad I took the time to go meet and ride alongside many of them. I have hooked up many times since then but not so lately since I moved up to Idaho, but hopefully that will change this summer. Planning to go visit California on the FZ or maybe on a new MTS pending on the outcome of my ACL surgery on Monday.

That would take a different kind of spirit and likely more time to give than I have. Then again if they keep pulling the dates in, instead of laid off at years end it will be September and I'll have lots of time an No $$$! :(

I'm all for seeing the sights, but prefer turn by turn entertainment vs 1800 miles a slab! That just gets old! It may be golden for some - not my thing, but thanks for throwing it out there! :thumbup:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The weather is supposed to be amazing this weekend. Might have to wear summer gear!!!

VEGASRIDER - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a successful surgery. I hope you make it to Southern Cali, not just California… :cheer:

Can hardly wait to see my friends! :thumbup:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be in OC on the 15th, but without a bike or gear. Heading to Lake Tahoe and Mammoth for some spring skiing.

You folks be safe and have fun!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah Lisa and I even caged it out to Las Vegas to meet up with some of our Ozzie family, Jules (aussiejules) and Debs when they did a Vegas Wedding. It was VEGASRIDER Jules, Debs, Mstewar1, Lisa and I.

We always enjoy our visits with forum members. Last time Kenny was here in SD we headed out to have a beer with him on late notice! :rockon:

Oh yeah Good thoughts on your surgery Kenny!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Did a quick shake down ride today and The SV feels great. It wasn't until I added the extra RK Racing chain and Supersprox stickers that I notice the bike is even faster! Lol! :p Should be an awesome day tomorrow! :rockon:

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Super fun day today. Betty got "new" tires this morning before the ride. Pre-scrubbed by my friend Matt when he was at the track, so they are melted to the edges and make Betty look like trouble. Very feisty today, especially since I also have a new Vortex quick accel sprocket and chain set on her. Motogiro and I were having a blast Hoonin' it up!

e8ygynuz.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome weather and riding conditions today! As always it was great to be with my good friends sharing our passion of riding. Wait....!....When Are we getting our Matching SoCal Hoons tattoos? :eek:
Where I mounted the camera was horrible since I have a dark smoke windscreen. I used to be able to get video through my clear screen...:rolleyes: There are some little snippets I might be able to splice together. Movie making is not my forte.

Last edited: