So cal ride sept 12 (NOW WITH PICS!!!)

Hmmm....I was hoping that the route would take us one way towards the north, kind of like the ride last year but in reverse. Rather than starting in Redlands and end up at Poly, you would start at Poly and end up somewhere near the I-10.

Did I miss something, but how many miles is this route?

I may pass on this one unless we end up further up north.

Hmmm....I was hoping that the route would take us one way towards the north, kind of like the ride last year but in reverse. Rather than starting in Redlands and end up at Poly, you would start at Poly and end up somewhere near the I-10.

Did I miss something, but how many miles is this route?

I may pass on this one unless we end up further up north.

Yes originally this was planned for farther north but then we had the fires north of us so that did in ACH and we shot for Pally. I haven't had a chance to guestimate what the mileage will be yet but will try to get back on that a little later.

Cliff

I don't think the fire is even close to the mountain ranges that we're going on. Angeles Crest is a totally different ride.

Go check out the link that I provided from the other group ride to Palomar.
Scroll down the thread and you will see th link.

I'm in!! Gonna be a lotta miles, but I can't wait! :thumbup:

What kind of pace are you guys planning? I usually prefer full leathers, but if it's hot and we're just cruising I'll stick with the kevlar jeans.

Either way, I'm ready to finally ride Palomar and it'd be nice to stop in Julian. I passed through Julian on my "extended route" back to LA from SD on Memorial day through Anzego-Borrago and back up. Looked appetizing. :D

What kind of pace are you guys planning? I usually prefer full leathers, but if it's hot and we're just cruising I'll stick with the kevlar jeans.

Either way, I'm ready to finally ride Palomar and it'd be nice to stop in Julian. I passed through Julian on my "extended route" back to LA from SD on Memorial day through Anzego-Borrago and back up. Looked appetizing. :D

In my opinon, all organized group rides on this fourm should require everyone to be in full gear.

In my opinon, all organized group rides on this fourm should require everyone to be in full gear.

I agree. However, sometimes when you ride in a group, full leathers can give a rider a false since of security. Meaning you may ride faster than you should in order to keep up with the rest of the group:spank: I say wear what will keep you safe mentally and physically.

Here's to a great ride:thumbup:

I agree. However, sometimes when you ride in a group, full leathers can give a rider a false since of security. Meaning you may ride faster than you should in order to keep up with the rest of the group:spank: I say wear what will keep you safe mentally and physically.

Here's to a great ride:thumbup:

Full gear doesn't neccessarily mean full leathers.

The pace is going to be to your advantage. You ride your own ride. Nothing will hurt us faster than our egos. We're doing this for the fun.

I'm thinking whatever is the best protective gear for the situation. You could overheat and that could mean the main computer doesn't calculate at a rate that keeps you out of harms way. I've been so hot out there after spirited riding I had to find respite, hydrate and cool off on my way home. Thought I would pass out. That was all leathered up and over 100 F. Either way we're out there as a team. You take care of me, I take of you. We have a way cool riding experience. We gain experience as a collective. We share it with the forum. It's good!

Cliff

I don't think the fire is even close to the mountain ranges that we're going on. Angeles Crest is a totally different ride.

Go check out the link that I provided from the other group ride to Palomar.
Scroll down the thread and you will see th link.

I keep trying that link and it's broken. I'll ask Dennis....

Cliff, you're the man. Thanks!

Kenny, hope you can make it.

Full leathers for me and a couple of sets of knee pucks.

jk :D

I keep trying that link and it's broken. I'll ask Dennis....
It just made a liar oudda me! Okay I think I see what your saying. I think why I don't understand it as well as you might think I should is I never did the ride last year and have been just sorta helping out planning this. I ride these areas quite a bit so I have a little knowledge on them.

I hope you can make this ride and if you have a route suggestion that benefits us then please submit it so we can create a better group ride.

I'll probably ride Pally in the morning.

Cliff

Ok cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll be wearing my leathers since I'll probably be 'inspired' to ride quickly. Just wanted to make sure that the opportunity would be there and that I won't be the only one in the group roasting in them :D

I agree with all of your statements on gear (full gear, not necessarily leathers, decide for yourself with safety in mind).

The only one I really had a problem with is Wavex and his knee puck suggestion. :spank:

double1.jpg

Anyone can drag a knee if they're wearing "a couple" sets of knee pucks... that's cheating!!! ;)

Ok cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll be wearing my leathers since I'll probably be 'inspired' to ride quickly. Just wanted to make sure that the opportunity would be there and that I won't be the only one in the group roasting in them :D

I agree with all of your statements on gear (full gear, not necessarily leathers, decide for yourself with safety in mind).

The only one I really had a problem with is Wavex and his knee puck suggestion. :spank:

double1.jpg

Anyone can drag a knee if they're wearing "a couple" sets of knee pucks... that's cheating!!! ;)

Well my legs are so short I never drag a knee so I may have to add to my pucks. I've eaten pegs and stand but no pucks haha..maybe I'll just tie them and drag them behind me...

I might be interested in this ride. I'm a slow rider and not up for crossing double yellows or racing out on the street.

If any newer/slower riders want to join up, but are worried about keeping up with the spirited riders, I'm willing to hang back, ride sweep, and make sure everyone makes it to the meetup spots.

Montezuma is one of my all time favorite roads, so if no other moderate/slow riders are going, maybe I'll just meet up and ride that portion with you guys. I'm not a huge fan of Pally on the weekends, so like I side I can sweep and hang out out Mothers while you guys make some laps on P.I.R. :D

I might be interested in this ride. I'm a slow rider and not up for crossing double yellows or racing out on the street.

If any newer/slower riders want to join up, but are worried about keeping up with the spirited riders, I'm willing to hang back, ride sweep, and make sure everyone makes it to the meetup spots.

Montezuma is one of my all time favorite roads, so if no other moderate/slow riders are going, maybe I'll just meet up and ride that portion with you guys. I'm not a huge fan of Pally on the weekends, so like I side I can sweep and hang out out Mothers while you guys make some laps on P.I.R. :D

Welcome aboard! Don't worry about fast riding. Worry about having too much fun. We're just going to have fun and try doing it safely. Just meet us at the Mobile gas station....
Cliff

Last edited:
A suggestion to those who plan on making this entire ride:
Bring a tail/tank/back pack to carry at least 2 bottles of water or sports fluid. The temperatures will be high and the humidity low all day with a peak in Borrego Springs of 105°F. Dehydration will cause all kinds of problems that are unnecessary.

Be responsible for your own safety.

Back