SA Fizzers...Christmas ride!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rightio you SA fizzers, it's faaaarking Summer! WOOP! The weather is awesome, the roads are waiting....and i want to see all you SA fizzers for a Sunday ride...

The date....Sunday November 27!

Kick off.... 9.30am meet at Macca's on Magill road for a quick coffee, before a 10am ride start....

Stops....Lobethal for more coffee, Then Strathalbyn for a bite to eat, then home...

Who's keen?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, i will run at the front of the ride, and i suspect Mikey will play the sweeper role, making sure we dont lose anyone...

Pace will be sensible, not silly.

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geez....am completely taken aback by everyone's enthusiasm for this ride.... :rolleyes:

So far it's me riding by myself....

:(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rightio you SA fizzers, it's faaaarking Summer! WOOP! The weather is awesome, the roads are waiting....and i want to see all you SA fizzers for a Sunday ride...

The date....Sunday November 27!

Kick off.... 9.30am meet at Macca's on Magill road for a quick coffee, before a 10am ride start....

Stops....Lobethal for more coffee, Then Strathalbyn for a bite to eat, then home...

Who's keen?

BUMP!

D

Dave.TX

If SA meant "South Austin" or "San Antonio" in Texas (U.S.A.) then I'd be on it. Maybe if I attach pontoons to the FZ6, put on a paddle tire, bring plenty of fuel in tow...

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
You choose the one day off ill have in two weeks. I am going to be wrecked due to the alcohol therapy the night before.

Sorry mate I know I wont be in the right state of mind to ride with you this time.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You choose the one day off ill have in two weeks. I am going to be wrecked due to the alcohol therapy the night before.

Sorry mate I know I wont be in the right state of mind to ride with you this time.

At least you responded! :thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't been in here for a while. How ya going boyz!!!

Couldn't join you Sunday, was out chasing a little white ball around a golf course.. Mannum Golf course to be exact. Pretty sure that I saw you Wolfman, riding through Woodside around 3:20 Sunday Arvo. Great day for it, the weather was perfect.

:rockon:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
And here i thought we had an Aussie coming to San Antonio.... dang... maybe another day :) have fun guys!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't been in here for a while. How ya going boyz!!!

Couldn't join you Sunday, was out chasing a little white ball around a golf course.. Mannum Golf course to be exact. Pretty sure that I saw you Wolfman, riding through Woodside around 3:20 Sunday Arvo. Great day for it, the weather was perfect.

:rockon:

Sounds about right, i was on my way back from Strath to Lobethal road at about that time!

Nice to hear from you Dave....

:thumbup:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geez....am completely taken aback by everyone's enthusiasm for this ride.... :rolleyes:

So far it's me riding by myself....

:(

A bit belated, but I (hopefully) pick my FZ6 tomorrow, I'd seriously LOVE to come riding when I get a weekend off! (new to SA, so it'll be nice to find some good roads too!)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A bit belated, but I (hopefully) pick my FZ6 tomorrow, I'd seriously LOVE to come riding when I get a weekend off! (new to SA, so it'll be nice to find some good roads too!)

OMFG......Knock me over with a feather! a new SA fizzer! WELCOME....

Someone get the red carpet! Quick!

Sorry about the over enthusiasm, but we aint had a new SA member of the forum for a long time....

Mate, you are more than welcome to join me for a few rides, i get out on most weekends, and a normally a week day or two if i am lucky, most weeks...

Would be well pleased to show you some of the Adelaide Hills fantastic roads...at a fun but sensible pace of course...

WELCOME!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would be well pleased to show you some of the Adelaide Hills fantastic roads...at a fun but sensible pace of course...

WELCOME!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

I have driven a few of the roads going the back way from Adelaide to Mt Barker, Belair rd etc, so would enjoy riding some of those roads (when I get my bike!)

As for the 'fun but sensible pace' comment, I no longer ride to prove anything, but ride for the love of riding.

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. Has anyone else had the dreaded steering head bearing problems reported by our brethren from across the sea? Thanks!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have driven a few of the roads going the back way from Adelaide to Mt Barker, Belair rd etc, so would enjoy riding some of those roads (when I get my bike!)

As for the 'fun but sensible pace' comment, I no longer ride to prove anything, but ride for the love of riding.

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. Has anyone else had the dreaded steering head bearing problems reported by our brethren from across the sea? Thanks!

First up, re ride pace, that is up to every individual, any good group shouldn't put pressure on anyone to ride faster or slower than they feel is safe for them, and other road users....if you wanna rode like a squid, go do that by yourself in my opinion...I don't wanna pick you up!

So I am sure our pace will be just fine...

Re bearing, I replaced mine at 35000 km's and they were totaled! Replace them with All Balls tapered roller bearings and all is fixed....better bearings than OEM, and cheaper too.