Sa Fizzers Easter group ride?????

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, all you SA fizzers, what's the drill??? i cant remember the last PROPER group ride we went on...and i am pretty keen to do another one!

Now, i propose a tentative day of Easter Saturday!!! (Not this Saturday as i posted before i edited this post!), Sat April 3rd.

With an early kick off, and an early finish, so there is the least possible intrusion towards family commitments over the Easter Break...

There is no kids sport next weekend, so that should not get in the way...

I would love to see Ozzieboy, Stumbles, Apollo, Ozfazer6, Jay Jay, Spook, Silverback....,etc, etc, and even your friends along for a shortish group ride...

This is definitely no sprint...not a sports ride, this is a speed limit observing, social run...

I reckon we should meet somewhere for Breakfast....Vili's cafe is central to just about everyone...say at 7.30am!!!!! for an 8.30am ride kick off! Then i reckon it's a run to Strathalbyn, via the hills back roads, then to Lobethal, and then down Lobethal Road to the City, and if anyone's interested, a coffee back at Two Wheel Obsession...the shop, before going home...

I reckon we would be back on the flat by about 12pm...

C'mon boys, we aint all gonna have fizzers forever, would be nice to get a decent group shot, of a bunch of guys, who are part of the very foundation of this forum!

I plead with you to get off your butt's for a group ride!!!!

If next Saturday is too soon, or too hard, then suggest another time...i really want this to happen.....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you talking this saturday or the next acuse easter is 2 away, and ill be away for easter.

No, not this saturday, Saturday April 2nd...when you are away apparently...

:(

And yes, i did make it look like this saturday in my original post...then i edited it!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Easter Sat sounds good, have to check with the boss that no plans on, but I can't think of any.

Will post back later.

:rockon:

Sounds good Dave...if we cant get enough for that Saturday, then maybe we will do it the week after Easter....When most people have stuff all on.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just organise, it between you guys. I'm single with no kids so I can fit it in pretty easily. Just another suggestion. If people want to suggest a route we can haggle out a place to go, and a way to get there that might be a little different. I'm always happy to go to Strath. Ashbourne to Strath road has been resurfaced for a number of km and has that fine gravel on it....I'd suggest another route as that road will be shot for a month now I reckon.

This is a great idea. Needs doing, so get yourselves a time if you can and then we can decide a route.

If any one is concerned about knowing where to go, or getting lost or not keeping up....Don't Be....I am more than happy to sit a respectful distance behind the rearmost rider and bring up the rear. You WILL NOT get left behind. I know my way round the hills blind folded by now so we'll get where we're going in our own time. You ride at your pace:thumbup:.

This'll be awesome if we can get everyone out at once.....got me fingers crossed for this one:rockon:

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just organise, it between you guys. I'm single with no kids so I can fit it in pretty easily. Just another suggestion. If people want to suggest a route we can haggle out a place to go, and a way to get there that might be a little different. I'm always happy to go to Strath. Ashbourne to Strath road has been resurfaced for a number of km and has that fine gravel on it....I'd suggest another route as that road will be shot for a month now I reckon.

This is a great idea. Needs doing, so get yourselves a time if you can and then we can decide a route.

If any one is concerned about knowing where to go, or getting lost or not keeping up....Don't Be....I am more than happy to sit a respectful distance behind the rearmost rider and bring up the rear. You WILL NOT get left behind. I know my way round the hills blind folded by now so we'll get where we're going in our own time. You ride at your pace:thumbup:.

This'll be awesome if we can get everyone out at once.....got me fingers crossed for this one:rockon:

Cheers
Mike

Well said Mikey...C'mon people...

Especially all you lurkers! :spank:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BUMP!

C'mon you lot.......cat got your tongue!!!! Surely someone else, other than Mikey, Dave, and Jules has read this....

A response would be nice! Even if you dont wanna go! :(:(:(

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to meet me at blanchtown and find some non straight roads i will ride at easter. If not then i can do the week after.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to meet me at blanchtown and find some non straight roads i will ride at easter. If not then i can do the week after.

It might just have to be the week after, i am determined for this ride to involve more people from here than just 2 or 3 of us! I want everyone in! And i will keep trying to get everyone involved!!! FFS, it's a social forum...lets be social! Just one Beer, or coffee, with everyone present, would be lovely!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BUMP!

Hello, earth calling all the South Aussie's who havent either seen this, or bothered to reply....you know who you are!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BUMP!

Hello, earth calling all the South Aussie's who havent either seen this, or bothered to reply....you know who you are!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

You dont have to come, but it would be nice if people could at least let me know whether you are interested, otherwise i might be flogging a dead horse for no reason!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
JayJay may not want to ride if Spook is still off the road. Which I can understand. He'll probably see it at some point. Who else. Mick? How about it mate? Jules has posted. Dave has posted. You, me.

I'm gonna take my video camera along, to get some video of our bikes parked somewhere and maybe a ride by. Don't want number plates.

You gonna take your big-ass, killer SLR for some ripper stills Jamie? Might even get some BOM worthy pics:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
JayJay may not want to ride if Spook is still off the road. Which I can understand. He'll probably see it at some point. Who else. Mick? How about it mate? Jules has posted. Dave has posted. You, me.

I'm gonna take my video camera along, to get some video of our bikes parked somewhere and maybe a ride by. Don't want number plates.

You gonna take your big-ass, killer SLR for some ripper stills Jamie? Might even get some BOM worthy pics:rockon:

Yep, i will definitely wipe the dust of the ol' Nikon SLR for this one, might even take the decent lens's!!!!

Far out, i might even get the Missus to meet us somewhere in the Car, and set up a decent brunch/lunch, if people showed some enthusiasm!!!

In fact, i am going to add a poll to this thread, to see which date is the most user friendly to all....