agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great ride yesterday!

bumping my rear shock up got rid of the chicken strips on the front tyre, and didn't drag the pegs on a mid-corner dip too - thanks for the advice!

So Rick, I'm interested ..What setting are you running?... when I set mine to 5 (up from 3) it made a great difference to handling, but itys still to soft when I carry a pillion

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So Rick, I'm interested ..What setting are you running?... when I set mine to 5 (up from 3) it made a great difference to handling, but itys still to soft when I carry a pillion

Hey Adrian,
I'm currently running on 6, but will bump that up with a pillion.

Definitely dives worse under braking, you really have to modulate the front/sit back in the seat under hard braking (ref JayJay suddenly turning left after a crest yesterday!)

But, I got a quote to rebuild the front end (heavier fork springs, heavier weight oil and All Balls tapered bearings in the stem) from Racebike Services at Lonsdale (thanks for the recommendation Wolfman) so I'll be looking to beef the front end up to suit my (not inconsiderable) weight.

Cheers,
Rick

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I weigh in at 81 kilos, are you way different,? I am pretty happy w the set up, on the street. I wil be doing a more spirited run this w/end but as its the first for a while won't be too OTT

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I weigh in at 81 kilos, are you way different,?

Oh heck yeah!

LOL!

At 81kg, the suspension should be perfect for you. (same with the rear pre-load on 4 or 5)

It's all to taste, but if your forks are in good nick, your weight is what the suspension was designed for.

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: Just thinking, 81kg was my fighting weight - and I haven't been there for 10 years!

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
I have not been down that road in a long time. Just goes to show how often i get out for recreational riding.

Hit the dirt/roadbase left out on the road for us mid-corner about a third of the way down and instantly reminded myself about my shoulder.

Was a good day.

PS. 17-18th is called off due to a wedding.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have not been down that road in a long time. Just goes to show how often i get out for recreational riding.

Hit the dirt/roadbase left out on the road for us mid-corner about a third of the way down and instantly reminded myself about my shoulder.

Was a good day.

PS. 17-18th is called off due to a wedding.

Gazza and myself both had a nasty 2 wheeled slide on that i reckon, got our attention real fast...didnt slow us down much though! :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Going for another ride on Thursday, bout 12.30pm is kick off....

If anyone is keen, i will have Matty on his MT-01 with me...

:D

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Keen for a ride?

Of so, hit me up so we can plan!

I'm sick of using my Fizzer as a commuter - MUST FIND SOME TWISTIES!

I travel 55kms each way to work - and there's 16 bloody corners (not bends) the whole way!

Rant over.....

Cheers,
Rick

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Going for a ride Monday morning, who's keen?

Thinking of starting off in Mt Barker, then off to town via Eagle, then Belair Rd back to Crafers and off to Lobethal before going back to Mt Barker - 103km circuit, and be happy to see any and all for even part of the way.

Even thinking of doing a recce run on Sunday!

Cheers,
Rick

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, tomorrow is shaping up to be a good day for riding.

So, who's in?

Looking to meet at Crafers at perhaps 1000hrs.

Cheers,
Rick

Blackcombe

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys (and ladies) have i missed the boat here in SA and everyone has moved on?
Looks like its been a while since people have gotten together for a ride and we have some nice weather coming and going lately.
Besides i need some advice and to hear peoples different exhausts etc :)

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys (and ladies) have i missed the boat here in SA and everyone has moved on?
Looks like its been a while since people have gotten together for a ride and we have some nice weather coming and going lately.
Besides i need some advice and to hear peoples different exhausts etc :)

As a weird naked Indian once said.... If you book them , they will come :thumbup:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A bunch of the guys don't post anymore, im bikeless, but will be interesting to see what happens as the Adelaide group was big and always doing rides.

Blackcombe

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Jules, I did notice a few of the locals have had no activity for ages. No bike - is this a short time thing or more permanent? Still a few on the market in good old SA :)