New Stuff on it's way - Part 2.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well mate that just sucks !

Try maximoto , like you guys said once before ,the guy that runs the place is great ! very helpful dude.

The one I,m getting isn't a vortex ,cant bloody remember what he said now,bloody beer ,lol

Least you got the brakes mate,thats gotta be a plus

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well mate that just sucks !

Try maximoto , like you guys said once before ,the guy that runs the place is great ! very helpful dude.

The one I,m getting isn't a vortex ,cant bloody remember what he said now,bloody beer ,lol

Least you got the brakes mate,thats gotta be a plus

Tried Maximoto (and yes they are very helpful there)...same story...Vortex seem to be the only ones that make a 14t front for the fz6! Could get one machined, but that will cost plenty!

Yes i am very happy about my brakes...considering how long it has taken me to get to the point where i can finally fit some kick ass calipers to my bike!

.....taking another swig of my beer!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If thats the case ,does it have to be a 14t ?

YES! Well not really, but did not want to do the rear sprocket just yet, and if i go a 15t at the front, i will want tro go radical on the back....i am doing this cause i want maximum punch out of corners....

Maybe it's time to do the 520 chain conversion a well....but far out, with Christmas coming up, i am already stretching the budget with round 2 of mods! :eek:

Is a lot cheaper just to do the front sprocket to get what i want for now.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, I know what you mean .On my CBR600 I went up 1 one the back but they reckon the front is the way to go ,cheaper too !

Yep, front is much easier, cheaper, more effective than doing the rear, still a nice Tagasko RK 520 xw ring gold chain would look awesome, as well as being much better for acceleration, so i will get over my little tantrum soon, and wait for the 14t to arrive i think, and do the chain, and rear sprocket, early next year, when they the chain and rear sprocket i have on the bike now, is starting to get a bit tired...and i have rebuilt my bank account....Lol!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Next year youll be doing all this to your fz1, or blackhawk.

Lol!jules,your sarcasm is appreciated!if I buy another bike I won't be modding it.I will be buying one that someone else has already spent all the coin doing stuff like pipes etc.the fz project is a one off!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't wait to see it all put together.

The suspension is great, isn't it?

And what were you saying about photography being your job?

Yes the suspension is soooo much better!

As for photography being my job, i am not a photographer, but i work with some very well established photographers, in my role as a talent scout for RALPH magazine (FHM style Aussie mag)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE: Wheels come back from the polishers today, My forks have arrived in Australia, and have been cleared by customs and should be here tomorrow, Rear Sets are in, Pazzo's are in, 08 Front fender in black is in, Rear Wave disc is in, 4 Pot Monoblock calipers are at shop, and for now, cause the 14t sprocket is STILL on back order, a 15t front sprocket is going on, Speedohealer is also at shop, ready to go on....

so it looks like it's all go tomorrow....cant wait to get it all done, cant wait to get it on the dyno, cant wait to ride it again!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent !

Let me know what you think of the -1 front ,mine should be here this week.

Will do...will try and get a ride in with it before i put the bike on the dyno...

Will let you know what difference i feel.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My polished wheels are back....bike started having other stuff put on today, a whole half day early....Will get bike back on Thursday...minus front fork & brake caliper swap...we are doing that next week now!

:Flash::Flash::Flash:

Here's a a few photo's of my polished wheels before going back on the bike.

View attachment 9231

View attachment 9232

View attachment 9233

:Flash::Flash::Flash:

Am very happy with the results, they look awesome as far as i am concerned!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job !

they look very different with no disks and stuff on 'em don't they .

They look freakin great.......:Flash:

Just got a call from the shop.....Rear Braking Wave Disc is not going on...was supplied with the wrong disc from Braking....they gave me a disc that fit's a GSXR!

Oh well, OEM disc will go back on for now, till the right disc arrives.....nothing ever goes exactly as you want it to...:spank:

Well i am editing this post as i just got back from the shop feeling a bit let down! When i get to the shop, not only is there the rear disc issue, But Pazzo also sent the wrong brake lever assembly, clutch lever is fine, but brake lever does not fit! NOT HAPPY...more waiting! Oh and then upon my pointing it out, we realise that the Valtermoto rearsets do not come with a brake light switch...no brake light when i apply the back brake! aaaaaargh! Is a sort of easy fix, but still is one more pain in the ring hole!

So i get the bike back tomorrow, with my nice new shiny wheels, rearsets (with no brake light switch), new 15t front sprocket instead of 14t front i ordered 9 weeks ago, Speedohealer installed, but no new levers, no fork mods, no new rear disc....

At least i have my wheels, a better sprocket, and my rearsets fitted, and it will get on the dyno before the weekend run....but my frustration is still pretty high!!!!!!!

Did not take any photo's of new wheels on bike today, as i was too busy dealing with all the other issues!

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh one more thing, the 08 forks i bought from a member of this forum, arrived from the US today...in as new condition!

Am very happy about that.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok got my bike back today, at this stage, the following is now done....Polished wheels, 15t front sprocket, Speedohealer, and Valtermoto type 3 rearsets, oh and it went back to the dyno for it's first run since putting on Two Brothers Ti's.

Ok, first of all the polished wheels look great, GLM did a great job, and i think the polished wheels go real well with the black theme of the bike...:thumbup:

15t front sprocket, definitely a bit better pick up, but not over the top...cant wait for the 14t front to arrive, i think that will make a more radical difference...

Speedohealer, well no point giving impression of this, except it's installation is very unobtrusive...and it is calibrated, so it is going about it's job silently.

Valtermoto rearsets, not a radical change in foot position, but a massive improvement in feeling with both brake & gear lever, gear changing is definitely smoother. Also, because they are not rubber mounted, no flex to speak of, and a much better feeling for what the frame and suspension are doing. They also look a thousand times better IMHO, and are a fraction of the weight of the OEM assembly!...:thumbup:

Ok, finally the dyno run...this was interesting, last time the bike was on the dyno, was when the PCIII was installed, and i had my professionally de-baffled OEM exhaust on the bike, at that time, the initial stock reading was about 89 hp before dyno tune, after dyno tune, we got to 95.8 by memory.

This dyno is known for it's low reading's, so was very happy with the result

Well when we put the bike on the dyno today (same dyno), with the TB's on, and with a tune that did not take these pipes into consideration, the first run on the dyno was 91.1hp, so obviously, the different pipes did not work well with the previous map.

Ok after the tune today, with the TB's on, the final reading was 98.1 hp, so only a 2.3hp gain over the same bike with a de-baffled OEM exhaust....guess what, the guy who modded my OEM pipes, did a very good job, they obviously breathe almost as well as the straight through TB's....(hope your reading this Aussiejules!)

Anyway, i have basically got my 100hp target, and am guessing if i put my bike on a different dyno, the reading might be slightly higher...from what i have been told. :thumbup:

The HP & Torque curves were almost identical, but with a bit more up top, and a slightly straighter line on the map...seat of the pants feeling is that it has picked up more torque than anything, is a lot smoother, and not running super lean as it was after TB's installation, without a retune on the dyno....:thumbup:

Also, after the tune, this combined with the 15t front sprocket, the bike is now officially a wheely hound, was trying to lift it's head today, even under moderate acceleration....:eek:

Have not really ridden it in anger yet...just commuting from the shop to home today in peak hour traffic.

Going for a big ride tomorrow, to get a good feeling for the bike, before i go for another decent ride on Sunday in a group.

In a week and a half, 08 forks with racetech springs & gold valve emulators, Monoblock 4 pot calipers, Pazzo Levers, and the Braking Wave Disc - Rear, will all go on the bike.

Jobs nearly done, here are some photo's of the bike with the new rearsets, and polished wheels.

View attachment 9257

View attachment 9258

View attachment 9259

View attachment 9260

View attachment 9261

:rockon: