New Stuff on it's way - Part 2.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you are my Hero...

that is going to be one nice bike when it is done. Be sure to get some BOTM pics of the completed project.

PS: i don't believe you that you are "done" modding the bike...:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike of the month pics....well everytime the bike gets photographed properly it normally has a half naked,or naked chick draped all over it....Lol! and yes i know that's oh so horrible to deal with, but it's my job! So next time, when the bike is "finished" we are going to set up a shoot with just the bike...just need to find a unique location to shoot it, so i can at least compete a little with some of the awesome photo's that get posted in here.

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate , a week without her !!!!! How are u going to handle that ? She's looking good tho , u'll hafta let me know what u think of those Pazzo shorties after u've used them...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey, those rearsets...you say reverse. So your gears are going to be: up one, down 5? like motogp style?

You betcha....keep getting my feet caught between the lever and the ground when riding hard through the twisties...have a nice bruise from my ride on Sunday.

:eek:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
You betcha....keep getting my feet caught between the lever and the ground when riding hard through the twisties...have a nice bruise from my ride on Sunday.

Dang man, you're leaning WAY over!!! let's get pics! :needpics:

where'd you get the rearsets? This way when I have money in 20 years when the market recovers I can thread search this and get the newest model HA HA HA:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang man, you're leaning WAY over!!! let's get pics! :needpics:

where'd you get the rearsets? This way when I have money in 20 years when the market recovers I can thread search this and get the newest model HA HA HA:D

Yep no chicken strips on the Wolfbike! As for photo's, am planning on doing a track day pretty much as soon as i get the bike back with the latest new bits on it...and i have had it re dynotuned, and stiffened the suspension a bit more, will be getting some decent photo's, and, or video then hopefully.

:rockon:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the type 3 rearsets better but I agree the subtle differences of type 2 will work better with the changes you have made to your bike. Between the discs and the rearsets I can't decide which is a more dramatic look. I actually priced the sets and discs a few months ago but just not in my budget yet but they are on my laundry list of things I'd like to do. Probably sometime next year I will need to decide how far to mod the bike vs saving that money for a new bike (or a house with a garage).

Maybe I missed something but didn't you buy cheap levers during the previous frenzy of mods?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the type 3 rearsets better but I agree the subtle differences of type 2 will work better with the changes you have made to your bike. Between the discs and the rearsets I can't decide which is a more dramatic look. I actually priced the sets and discs a few months ago but just not in my budget yet but they are on my laundry list of things I'd like to do. Probably sometime next year I will need to decide how far to mod the bike vs saving that money for a new bike (or a house with a garage).

Maybe I missed something but didn't you buy cheap levers during the previous frenzy of mods?

Yes it was a hard choice re which rearsets to get...but at the end of the day, the Type 2's where a good compromise between functionality, and price...the type 3's are very expensive, the type 1's asre very basic, and the type 2's sit somewhere in the middle...bike shop just rang me to say they have come in...so i will go down there today and take some photo's to post.

And yes, your memory serves you correct, i did get some "carbon" levers during my last bout of mod madness...but they are exactly what i paid for, cheap...look great, but fit is not the best, lots of sideways movement, and they are not shorty's...was always going to be a stop gap, till i decided which of the higher spec levers i would buy....

thanks for the input.

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok as i said before, my rearsets arrived today, not on the bike yet, as it is minus it's wheels right now, but here's a couple of pics of the rearsets, still in their packaging....cant wait to get em on the bike!

View attachment 9053

View attachment 9054

Love em, love em, love em!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now they looking friggin sweet !

How much adjustability do they have ?

Oh,and when do you get the wheels back ? I really wanna see them.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now they looking friggin sweet !

How much adjustability do they have ?

Oh,and when do you get the wheels back ? I really wanna see them.

They are not adjustable at the point of fixing, they are for the height of the levers, up & down.

Get my Wheels back on Monday, or Tuesday...i cant wait to see them either.

Jules suggested Axle Sliders the other day..enquired about them today, and Axle Armour/ Oggy knobs dont do them for the FZ6! Have searched and Motovation (who do) dont have a distibutor in Oz to mt knowledge...and at present exchange rates...i aint buying from the States!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well guys , I went into maximoto today on the way home from work and ended up ordering a 15t front sprocket,didn't intend to but I did ,should be here late next week . Now I just need to save for a speedo healer !

Oh,they have clear indicator lenses for our bikes ,with globes ,$70 for the four.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good work on the sprocket...hope it comes in when they say it's gonna!

Found out today, that after 9 weeks on Backorder, my -2 Vortex front sprocket did not come in with other backorders.....f^&%$#*! so it could be another 9 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT HAPPY! So now i am going in search of another brand sprocket that will fit the fz6 that has 14 teeth!

Anyone got any idea's?????

On a brighter note, i did get my 05 R6 front brake calipers today....they are in top condition, and after a quick precautionary rebuild, and re-spray...not really needed, but i like things to be as good as they can be when i am spending a kings ransom.

Drinking Pale Ale right now to calm myself down after the sprocket news! Grrrrrr!