New Stuff on it's way - Part 2.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Our riding styles and bikes do differ greatly , so yes there are a lot of variables ,so I guess I will just suck it and see.

Thanks heaps for the feedback though :thumbup:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry oz what exactly are you going to suck (or who), wolf you suck i hate you all ive been at a conferance all 2 days, no its now passed i cant wait to see the ride on sunday.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry oz what exactly are you going to suck (or who), wolf you suck i hate you all ive been at a conferance all 2 days, no its now passed i cant wait to see the ride on sunday.

Thanks Jules.......:spank:

I am going to be half asleep i think...will only get 3 hours sleep before Sunday morning...if i'm lucky....bring on the Coffee, & Red Bull! Cant wait though!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok maybe i should of embellished the conversation....\"we go for rides, and at the end we have nubile nymph's waiting for us to light our cigarettes, and get us Beer......:ban:

I'm in:thumbup:

Oh....I see...embellished. Doh!:shakehead::rof:

Bikes looking good:cheer:. Want to see how the polished rims look in the flesh:thumbup:. i'm thinking the pics maybe don't do them justice.

Have to get your boy on the back as ballast so's I can keep up...lol.:rockon:
Cheers
Mike

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great Wolf! I love the review of the rearsets, they look like the way to go.

So I notice there is one up grade that you need to do...install an '07 swing arm, in for a penny in for a pound, right??? Bit stiffer and much easier to adjust the chain tension and keep the wheel square while doing it.

Lookin' good! :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great Wolf! I love the review of the rearsets, they look like the way to go.

So I notice there is one up grade that you need to do...install an '07 swing arm, in for a penny in for a pound, right??? Bit stiffer and much easier to adjust the chain tension and keep the wheel square while doing it.

Lookin' good! :thumbup:

yes aussiejules suggested that.was actually wondering whether if I to carbon wheels whether I could go with a trick single sided swingarm!

But before I even think about that stuff I just want to get this lot finished!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes aussiejules suggested that.was actually wondering whether if I to carbon wheels whether I could go with a trick single sided swingarm!

But before I even think about that stuff I just want to get this lot finished!

that would be very cool. Honda, oh the shivers that name gives me, makes some nice single sided swingarms. I saw an RZ350 that had been totally GP'd out and it included a Honda single SA, looked great!

Or what would be totally cool is to have one fab'd up! With all of the extendo swingarms in the States I'm sure one of those mfgs could design something very cool and unique. Add a NOS mount for you too. :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that would be very cool. Honda, oh the shivers that name gives me, makes some nice single sided swingarms. I saw an RZ350 that had been totally GP'd out and it included a Honda single SA, looked great!

Or what would be totally cool is to have one fab'd up! With all of the extendo swingarms in the States I'm sure one of those mfgs could design something very cool and unique. Add a NOS mount for you too. :thumbup:

LOL I love it when people egg me on!would go for a sprinted supercharger before nos!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im loving the polished rims :jawdrop: :D I must of been half asleep for a while coz ive only just noticed that you were getting them done , they would've stung you a bit for that i guess..... But either way im diggin' it , gunna hafta see it in the flesh 1 day :D

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Todays noise wow. I have wolfs old modified pipes- loud stumbles had his leo's no db's wow loud, wolf with his tb's wowowowowowowwww loud gary and his scorpian on the z1000 loud, the mt-01 loudish standard. My head is still ringing

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL , lucky the MT-01 doesnt have a set of pipes on it coz those things get real LOUD ok :thumbup: , ive heard a set of TB's up close and i think my Microns go pretty damn close.....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well your Scorps must be real loud, cause the TB's with a tuned bike, no Db killers, air box mods, and aftermarket air filter...are just plain anti-social....especially when you shut the throttle off at high rev's, crack, pop, bang, bang, crack, pop, pop....etc

:eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just watched ur vid on youtube and ..... maybe mine arnt quiet that loud but they aint to far behind it , i know my bro-in-law hates riding with me coz he says " I ride in front i hear your bike , I ride behind i hear your bike , all hear is your friggen' bike !!!! " to which i reply :D :D :D :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How much higher and further back are your rearsets vs. the stock position?

On a side note; when I was going through tech yesterday at the track, the offical grabbed the heal guard of the stock rearsets and have it a big tug. When it wiggled all over he almost jumped! He looked at me and said, "Rubber mounted huh?" "Yup, shore is." He rolled his eyes. :D

I agree, GP style is the way to go for the high speed riding, it is all but impossible at times to get your toe under the shifter without getting it ripped off!

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I agree, GP style is the way to go for the high speed riding, it is all but impossible at times to get your toe under the shifter without getting it ripped off!

a) rubber mounts? Do explain to a n00b
b) does that mean you're shifting in the turn? I like the idea of Wolfman's rearsets MotoGP style... i must get an unlimited cash supply!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a) rubber mounts? Do explain to a n00b
b) does that mean you're shifting in the turn? I like the idea of Wolfman's rearsets MotoGP style... i must get an unlimited cash supply!

Good questions. Take a look at the two bolts that hold your foot peg assembly onto the frame; you'll see black circles around each bolt, that is the rubber bushing for the mount. Next grab the heal guard and wiggle it, the whole thing moves around. This is one reason our gearbox is klunky. Most sport bike are bolted straight to the frame without rubber bushings

In long sweeping corners you'll often times be accelerating though the entire corner and need to up shift. If you are in a left hander it can be difficult to do as you are leaned over so far. Also shifting causes weight transfer from the rear tire, during acceleration, to the front tire during the shift, and inturn back to the rear after the shift is completed. This can cause the bike to be unsettled. With the GP style shift you push down instead of pulling up on the shift lever to up shift. By using that you can just wack it into the next gear with little fuss and be on your merry way.

Last edited: