New Stuff on it's way - Part 2.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, as a few of you now, i have spent the last few months modding my bike, well tomorrow morning my bike goes back to the shop for over a week for basically what is the second round of mods, and by the time this lot is done, i am pretty much done modding this bike.

So with this in mind, a thought a new thread would be a good way to bring the project up to speed, and lay out what is going on the bike now.

Ok basically till now i have put on a BMC air filter, a PCIII, custom mapped, a set of TB Ti's, Ohlins rear shock, Racetech fork springs, and gold valve emulators, Goodridge braided lines - front & back, Braking Wave discs - front, Ferodo sintered brake pads, front & back, MCS drag Bars, Carbon Bar ends, MCS mini carbon look indicators, and lots of other cosmetic things, like indicators, mirrors, tank bra, and a bit of painting.

There is still a few things left hanging from round one, like i have not had the PCIII re-mapped since getting the TB cans, i still have not got my -2 front sprocket, which is on back order, and as such have still not installed the speedohealer i have sitting waiting for me at the shop.

Now for round 2 on the "performance" mods. This time it is starting because the wheels come off tomorrow morning to be polished, which will be out for about a week. So when the wheels get back, i am hopefully fitting the following if it has all arrived.

Braking Wave disc to replace the rear OEM brake rotor.
View attachment 8905

Valter Moto type 2 rearsets - black (shown in red here) + reverse shift pattern shift rod.
View attachment 8908

Pazzo shorty levers - black
View attachment 8907

04 R6 4 spot monoblock left & right front brake calipers.
View attachment 8906

-2 (14t) Vortex front sprocket..if it finally arrives! & Speedohealer.
08 FZ6 forks
08 FZ6 front fender - black
Racetech springs, and gold valve emulators to be transfered into 08 FZ6 forks
Dyno tune re-map to take into account the TB pipes.
dropping forks a further 5mm through the triple clamps, stiffening of rear & front suspension.
Install of alarm, with full remote monitoring & text alerts.

Once all this is done, the project is pretty much complete except for a Puig Bellypan, and Ermax seat Cowl i have on order, and maybe a steering damper, although front has stopped wobbling at hig speed since i modded forks, and dropped them 15mm through the triple clamps. Only other thing might be a 520 chain conversion...but that can wait till i wear out the present sprockets.

Will post lots of photo's when all this is done..., including a scanned copy of the long overdue dyno re-map.

I'm off for a ride while i have the chance.

:thumbup:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good Jamie .I will be interested on yourfeed back about the front sprocket as I am seriously considering going -1 on the front with healer .

Rxticle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, as a few of you now, i have spent the last few months modding my bike, well tomorrow morning my bike goes back to the shop for over a week for basically what is the second round of mods, and by the time this lot is done, i am pretty much done modding this bike.

LOL - heard that before. The only time you finish modding is when you sell for your next project.:thumbup:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Time will tell the itch isnt going to leave you. helmet lock,08 cluster,different seat, tank grips, flashing lights on your tyre valves, 250 rear tyre, fz1 motor, machine guns,:rof::rant: smoke screen, but honestly i told you on the weekend im jealous, shes looking great.:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Time will tell the itch isnt going to leave you. helmet lock,08 cluster,different seat, tank grips, flashing lights on your tyre valves, 250 rear tyre, fz1 motor, machine guns,:rof::rant: smoke screen, but honestly i told you on the weekend im jealous, shes looking great.:rockon:

FZ1 motor.....Lol! as long as a could stil register and insure it as a 600!, 250 rear tyre, would handle like a harley! fashing lights on the tyre valves...that's just ghetto! tank grips...will leave that for you, helmet lock...after using matt's on the weekend, it would be a sensible mod...just how, bit of welding to the seat rails maybe, 08 cluster, no thanks, like the gawdy round thing that sits off centre on my 06, different seat, oh i would like a bagster seat, but they are silly expensive, and i dont have an issue with the comfort of the OEM seat.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just trying to give you ideas, i especially like the smoke screen one. Axle sliders, 08 swingarms,a bolt to put in that hole in the motor (can you ask them at yam what it was for) intergrated tail light, tank camera bracket, radar detector,

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just trying to give you ideas, i especially like the smoke screen one. Axle sliders, 08 swingarms,a bolt to put in that hole in the motor (can you ask them at yam what it was for) intergrated tail light, tank camera bracket, radar detector,

Yes the Smoke screen is very Batman! Would be a laugh. Axle Sliders is not a silly idea, was looking at these the other day, not a fan of integrated tail lights, tank camera...god no...evidence! 08 swing arm, sexy, but not really an issue for me....and as for that hole in the motor, yes i must ask, what's the bet they dont know either?

Radar detector...i dont speed....much....lol! where would i hide it on a naked?

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you. Take your money and put it in tangible assests to avoid the market crisis!! Can't wait to see the finished product... again.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! Very cool Wolfman. In fact, just yesterday, I printed off the Vader Moto catalogue and was eyballing the various rearsets they make. I can hardly wait to hear what you think.

Of course, lots of photos! :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW! Very cool Wolfman. In fact, just yesterday, I printed off the Vader Moto catalogue and was eyballing the various rearsets they make. I can hardly wait to hear what you think.

Of course, lots of photos! :rockon:

Was originally going to get the type 1'S , but they are a little plain, and the heel plate in not included in the price, as the heel plate is with the type 2's.

Great quality kit though...they use em for the FZ6 cup, so at least you know they are up for it!

Am actually looking forward to the reasets, and Pazzo levers the most...am looking for more control, and better feedback all round.

But then i am also aching to know how much difference the 4 pot monoblock brake calipers are going to make as well.

:thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey moneybags, looking good (again). You do a great job of making the rest of us jealous as hell you know :Flip:

Not much is gunna be stock on that baby soon.

Look forward to seeing it again with all the "new" gear.

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey moneybags, looking good (again). You do a great job of making the rest of us jealous as hell you know :Flip:

Not much is gunna be stock on that baby soon.

Look forward to seeing it again with all the \"new\" gear.

:)

Lol! you crack me up stumbles...saw a polished frame today...raised my eyebrows a bit......Hmmmmm...

Bike has gone to the shop now, wheels coming off as we speak....

:Flip:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman, I believe you take the award for "The single-most Deflated Checkbook" after all this! WOW! This is likely the most modded bike in the forum! Can't wait to see the finished ride!

After reading all this, I think I'll shortcut on the next bike... Buy me an R6, make it naked and convert it to a standard with handlebars!

Congrats on making this ride "Your own!" :steve:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman, I believe you take the award for \"The single-most Deflated Checkbook\" after all this! WOW! This is likely the most modded bike in the forum! Can't wait to see the finished ride!

After reading all this, I think I'll shortcut on the next bike... Buy me an R6, make it naked and convert it to a standard with handlebars!

Congrats on making this ride \"Your own!\" :steve:

Thanks a bunch for the nice words.

You know i have spent a lot of money on this bike...a truck load, but i still have not spent as much as if i had bought a new R6, and put a set of pipes, etc on it.

The idea was to turn the bike into a full blown sports bike, with a real riding position for someone who is getting old, still wants to ride hard, and not get turned inside out, doing it.

I am so happy with the results so far...made a great choice getting an FZ6...that motor kicks butt, and the frame also must be mentioned, is a work of art!

Suspension mods have impressed most though...thing handles like it's on a rail now!

When i am finished i hope to have a bike like no other on the road...still think that to complete the project i really should go for Carbon Wheels...that would take it way over the top....

Wont be selling this bike for a long time...hope to be looking at it in 15 years, and saying to myself...gosh those Pazzo levers were all the rage back in the day....so were those rearsets...as inevetibly design moves forward, and what is hot today, will be quaint in years to come...that's sorta cool i reckon.

:rockon:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman said:
When i am finished i hope to have a bike like no other on the road...still think that to complete the project i really should go for Carbon Wheels...that would take it way over the top....

I think you've already achieved that! ;)

I hope I didn't come across as a Dig on ya for the R6 comment because that wasn't intended. That was my way of simply calling myself LAZY! :D

I'll be keeping my FZ6 for a long time as well. But, I DO intend to add another ride to the stable at some point. I think I'd like a total touring bike but I'd also like a really hot cruiser like the Raider too!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you've already achieved that! ;)

I hope I didn't come across as a Dig on ya for the R6 comment because that wasn't intended. That was my way of simply calling myself LAZY! :D

I'll be keeping my FZ6 for a long time as well. But, I DO intend to add another ride to the stable at some point. I think I'd like a total touring bike but I'd also like a really hot cruiser like the Raider too!

No offence was taken....saw an R6 like that the other day...looked a bit strange, at least the FZ6 still looks like the bike i bought...well sort of anyway!

Have been thinking tourer too...love the Honda Blackbird, always have, not much for cruisers, except for one that handles....and i am sure they are out there????

Second hand Tourers are normally in good trim, as owners are generally older, and take good care of their bikes....bargains to be had.

:rockon: