New Stuff on it's way - Part 2.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks sick!!! Love the rims and the new rearsets. When you say the gear changing is smoother do you mean it is easier for you or mechanically it is smoother ie less clunk? They are still on the top of my list for looks but if it actually has a performance change I can justify them better.

I know you took off your old rim stripes and you JUST got your rims polished but here are some pics with silver rims and a black rim stripe (they also have it in black reflective). IMO it looks pretty awesome but it could be because of the total bike color.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/4044-wheel-stripes-silver-fz6-rims.html#post45670

Thanks for taking the time to post all these mods and your impressions... though I know you just love showing it off too

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks sick!!! Love the rims and the new rearsets. When you say the gear changing is smoother do you mean it is easier for you or mechanically it is smoother ie less clunk? They are still on the top of my list for looks but if it actually has a performance change I can justify them better.

I know you took off your old rim stripes and you JUST got your rims polished but here are some pics with silver rims and a black rim stripe (they also have it in black reflective). IMO it looks pretty awesome but it could be because of the total bike color.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/4044-wheel-stripes-silver-fz6-rims.html#post45670

Thanks for taking the time to post all these mods and your impressions... though I know you just love showing it off too

Re the gear change, mechanically it is more direct, tighter if you like, less freeplay in the lever. Which in turn seems to make gear shifting smoother, because my action becomes more direct as a result, they are also a lot lighter, so less to push around with your foot.

Just had a look at those pics, it does look very nice, but i reckon the black might get lost on highly polished wheels, i had a hard time with rim tape, so at the moment i am glad to be rid of it....but you never know.

Re showing off, lol! i suppose, but more interested in riding the thing, every time i get off it, i just cant wait to get back on...has become a very gutsy, sweet handling bike, is definitely now the best bike i have owned, by a fair way, love that motor lots and lots!

Nearly all the other stuff i have done has been to bring the rest of the bike up to the engines level...so wish Yamaha would do a Triumph, and produce something like the new upspec Street Triple, great suspenders, and brakes on that bike...pity it dont have the FZ6 motor...

:thumbup:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Watching this bike get built, I feel like the estranged Uncle who only gets holiday cards...I'm a part of it, but I'm not HA HA HA

One day I'll let my little Ruby grow up...but until then, she's my baby

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done mate,very nice....very nice indeed !

Did you notice that polishing the rear wheel makes it look wider ?
Least thats the impression it gives me ,lol

Edit:Now you need to do the headers ,lol

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done mate,very nice....very nice indeed !

Did you notice that polishing the rear wheel makes it look wider ?
Least thats the impression it gives me ,lol

Edit:Now you need to do the headers ,lol

Back wheel looks wider,front wheel looks smaller and it makes the wave discs stand out a lot more asblack on the discs is not sitting in front of a black wheel.

Re the headers ,lokks like I need to get the rotary tool set out and go hard so they match the wheels!

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great with the polished wheels Wolfman.

While you're doing the headers, I'll drop mine out to your place and you can give them a going over as well.. :)

On a side note, saw another couple of Naked FZ6's today, Blue one (can't remember where), and just saw a Black one heading through Victoria Square about an hour ago, heading down towards South rd. Was bought at "Bills Motorcycles" (well, had a B M license plate surround anyway).

:)

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Stumbles,I see a black naked everyday near the Port rd /Kilkenny rd intersection.I need an fz6-forum sticker so these guys know about this place :Flash:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great with the polished wheels Wolfman.

While you're doing the headers, I'll drop mine out to your place and you can give them a going over as well.. :)

On a side note, saw another couple of Naked FZ6's today, Blue one (can't remember where), and just saw a Black one heading through Victoria Square about an hour ago, heading down towards South rd. Was bought at \"Bills Motorcycles\" (well, had a B M license plate surround anyway).

:)

Do your headers....one head job is enough thanks....hours and hours on my belly & back....and i dont even get paid at the end! :eek::spank::ban:

worst part is, you do it, then about a month later you have to do it again....why doesnt anyone make some nice aluminium, or titanium headers for the FZ6??????!!!!!!!! Chrome headers suck! Look great when clean, but impossible to get so when fouled! Grrrr....:rant:

Re other FZ6's...met a guy at Yamaha World today with a black 06....told him about the forum, and our rides, seemed interested...or maybe just polite! :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL,some people just don't get it do they !

Ok maybe i should of embellished the conversation...."we go for rides, and at the end we have nubile nymph's waiting for us to light our cigarettes, and get us Beer......:ban:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Talking about riding...have been meaning to post that today i was amazed at the difference with gear changing with my new rearsets....like a knife through butter...clunkiness is now gone, hesitation is not existent...seems the OEM rear sets, and levers may be a big culprit in the imfamous FZ6 Agricultural Gear Box!!!

Must say, is definitely the single biggest improvement i have made to the bike...other than maybe the front suspension mods....which also transformed the bike....

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you think of the -1 front ?

To be honest, i did not notice that much difference, except i ran out of first gear before i got my feet up a couple of times today, when taking off from a standstill hard...:eek:

Oh and it wants to wheelstand a little...cant wait to go -2, but -1 is definitely a bit more punchy, but not radical like some would have you believe...definitely worth doing, and it certainly does not stuff around with your top end much, as has also been suggested before...

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks ,I was a bit sceptical about it .
I usually short shift 1st to 2nd anyways , more interested in a little more punch in 2nd through to 4th . Much difference there do you think ?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks ,I was a bit sceptical about it .
I usually short shift 1st to 2nd anyways , more interested in a little more punch in 2nd through to 4th . Much difference there do you think ?

Bit hard to tell...i had 7 extra hp & bulk more torque to have fun with today, than i did 2 days ago.......bike was only pulling 91hp, with new pipes, and no re-tune since fitting.....so it was a bit hard to tell what was responsible, but i will say the bike was pulling like a 15 year old schoolboy out of corners today...anywhere above 7000rpm, and things were noticeably sharper...am sure sprocket change would of contributed.

:thumbup: