Leo Vince exhaust

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid around €675 for them. Found them on the internet €15 cheaper though. But I ordered them here at a local dealer.

Pretty similar to what I paid for the Leo's ... I must add though that the finish on the Leos' is absolutley A1 10/10 Mr Leo Vince :)

firsttimefz

Reaction score
Visit site
im looking into exhaust for my bike and theres nothign more appealing than the
noise of the engine at 14000rpm. i want it to be loud. like really loud. what kind of exhaust systems do you guys recommend to get that racebike sounding exhaust note

StarWing

Reaction score
Visit site
noise of the engine at 14000rpm. i want it to be loud. like really loud. what kind of exhaust systems do you guys recommend to get that racebike sounding exhaust note

Last weekend I drove around the block w/o dB killers and had to return to put them in. That says enough ? :)
When I closed the gas in 2nd, the exhaust made some nice sounds too :p

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site

You won't go far wrong with either the Leo's, Two Brothers or Scorpon .... I think they all sound awesome. :)

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I also have the Leo's and I was all set to ride w/o the db killers and well....its very loud and buzzy. After a couple miles I couldnt stand the buzzing at lower rpm. I only ride with the db killers in and I think it sounds more "tuned." The Leo's are a great exhaust system as they come with the cat elim mid pipe. Alot of other exhaust companies dont come with an option of putting db killers in. Leo's do, and the fit/finish is pretty darn good.

mattcouch

Reaction score
Visit site
I just had mine installed today. I am very pleased. Great low growl and the perfect noise level. You can be heard, but you won't get the cops call by the neighbors. :thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just had mine installed today. I am very pleased. Great low growl and the perfect noise level. You can be heard, but you won't get the cops call by the neighbors. :thumbup:
My next-door neighbor, whose bedroom window is eight feet from my bike, IS a cop! Fortunately he bought his new Yamaha two weeks before I did, an enthusiast as well.
I'm looking at the different can options, but I'll be putting the bike away for the winter in a few more weeks, so I'll probably wait until spring. :(

mattcouch

Reaction score
Visit site

I had a great ride yesterday with my new pipes.....however, the question was raised in my mind:

Just how loud are these pipes w/o the baffles? Also, if I get the baffles out, can I get them back in if need be?

I've got the Aluminum EVO-II slip-on for my 2005 FZ6.

I'm mechanically competent enough to do this, I’m just curious if anybody else has taken on this challenge before me.

Patiently awaiting ya'lls comments/advice, :cool:

Cheers!

-Matt

Last edited:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a great ride yesterday with my new pipes.....however, the question was raised in my mind:

Just how loud are these pipes w/o the baffles? Also, if I get the baffles out, can I get them back in if need be?

I've got the Aluminum EVO-II slip-on for my 2005 FZ6.

I'm mechanically competent enough to do this, I’m just curious if anybody else has taken on this challenge before me.

Patiently awaiting ya'lls comments/advice, :cool:

Cheers!

-Matt

I've not tried yet but I hear they 'kin loud :)

Let us know if you try this ... I'm sure it is a quick release of the bolt .. take out baffles ... LOUDNESS !!! .... replace baffles .... replace bolt ;)

mattcouch

Reaction score
Visit site
I've not tried yet but I hear they 'kin loud :)

Let us know if you try this ... I'm sure it is a quick release of the bolt .. take out baffles ... LOUDNESS !!! .... replace baffles .... replace bolt ;)

We'll see. I've done a little research and if its as easy as it looks I'll have them out by dinner-time tonight.....and if theyre too loud, I'll have them back in by bed-time. :thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Jonac, those pipes look good. Matt, I'm thinking your pipes will be LOUD but I don't know for sure.

I'm thinking maybe not, it does have a control O2 sensor, that should adjust the mixture.

Pre-2007s don't and I'm not sure the post-2006 bikes are smart enough to make such an adjustment. This has been debated at length elsewhere but I never pay close attention to it because it does not affect me.
________
MARIJUANA SEED

Last edited:

mattcouch

Reaction score
Visit site
We'll see. I've done a little research and if its as easy as it looks I'll have them out by dinner-time tonight.....and if theyre too loud, I'll have them back in by bed-time. :thumbup:

Mission accomplished. Baffles are out and it sounds great!!! I am very pleased. I'll ride it around for a few days to see if the 5-0 gives me any weird looks. I did manage to get a video of my goofy self walking through how to remove one, since I couldn't manage to find a how-to any where else. I'll try to post it if I can.

It took me less than 5 min to get'em out. It may take you 2-3 extra min. to wiggle it back in.

TOO EASY!

.....now since I'm running a little more free in the exhaust arena, am I loosing enough HP in backpressure to justify/need a Power Commander.......

Cheers! :thumbup:

:Sport:

-Matt

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Mission accomplished. Baffles are out and it sounds great!!! I am very pleased. I'll ride it around for a few days to see if the 5-0 gives me any weird looks. I did manage to get a video of my goofy self walking through how to remove one, since I couldn't manage to find a how-to any where else. I'll try to post it if I can.

It took me less than 5 min to get'em out. It may take you 2-3 extra min. to wiggle it back in.

TOO EASY!

.....now since I'm running a little more free in the exhaust arena, am I loosing enough HP in backpressure to justify/need a Power Commander.......

Cheers! :thumbup:

:Sport:

-Matt

Get a sound clip on here Matt ... I have tried but my camcorder isn't up to it ... give us a before and after baffles removal clip if you can
:thumbup:

As for the power commander question I'll leave that to the experts :)
I've been told the back pressure isn't an issue but others might say different !?