Using the stock cat with Leo Vince pipes

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys - has anyone ever used the stock cat pipe in conjunction with Leo Vince pipes or any other aftermarket pipes? I want to put my stock cat back on due to the exhaust smell that I always seem to soak up (my riding gear ends up smelling strongly of this and I don't like it). Do I need to weld on a small "hanger" for the spring to clip on to? Also, the OD of the stock cat pipe is 45mm, but the OD of the catless Leo pipe is 50mm, so maybe I need to make up the difference with a gasket? Or should I just modify the Leo catless pipe and weld in a race cat? The sound is great but I'm really just looking to reduce the odor. I've driven catless cars before and it's the same smell. Thanks!

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Nevermind - figured it out. Going to weld the bottom half of the stock pipe containing the cat onto the top half of the LV midpipe.

seanalan329

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys - has anyone ever used the stock cat pipe in conjunction with Leo Vince pipes or any other aftermarket pipes? I want to put my stock cat back on due to the exhaust smell that I always seem to soak up (my riding gear ends up smelling strongly of this and I don't like it). Do I need to weld on a small "hanger" for the spring to clip on to? Also, the OD of the stock cat pipe is 45mm, but the OD of the catless Leo pipe is 50mm, so maybe I need to make up the difference with a gasket? Or should I just modify the Leo catless pipe and weld in a race cat? The sound is great but I'm really just looking to reduce the odor. I've driven catless cars before and it's the same smell. Thanks!

Is the smell worse than a stock exhaust system? Cause everything on my exhaust is stock and the smell that gets on me is bad too.

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Is the smell worse than a stock exhaust system? Cause everything on my exhaust is stock and the smell that gets on me is bad too.

Yeah it is. I'd say if your bike smells with stock exhaust then maybe you're running rich? With the stock exhaust I never smelled after riding.