exhuast and chip?

the_engineer

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys, I am pretty new to the street bike world and had a huge question. I've been looking around the forums and haven't been able to find the answer to my questions.

1.) for horsepower, performance, and repacking cost/labor what is better, Leo Vince or two brothers. I like them both and think they both have very good sound. I have also considered Scorpios since they don't need repacking.

2.) for these exhaust do I need anything else besides the exhaust such as map/chip or any extra piping for the exhaust. or do they actually just "slip on."

BTW I have a 2007 fz6. :thumbup: thanks a ton!!!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys, I am pretty new to the street bike world and had a huge question. I've been looking around the forums and haven't been able to find the answer to my questions.

1.) for horsepower, performance, and repacking cost/labor what is better, Leo Vince or two brothers. I like them both and think they both have very good sound. I have also considered Scorpios since they don't need repacking.

2.) for these exhaust do I need anything else besides the exhaust such as map/chip or any extra piping for the exhaust. or do they actually just "slip on."

BTW I have a 2007 fz6. :thumbup: thanks a ton!!!

1) Unless you drop the mid-pipe CAT, no change to tune, the bike will addapt. If the mid pipe goes on an 07 up, it may need a tune.

2) I think 2Bro is being more honest than the other folk in that regard or they use cheaper materials?? I say this because any design using a packing material degrades. Unless the design solely uses baffles (like the OEM), all packing material degrade.

That said, I do have a b$tch about my 2B's despite how awesome they sound, the are just large enough that the OEM tail brace can not be used. Look under the tail, see that large V shaped support. That won't fit with a 2 Bro. There are quick easy work around options tho.

So, that said, they are all comparable. Here is an actual run, not just a static ref in the Garage.... have a listen to the soundcloud link of Two Brothers! Click the play button on the left.

Video gone wrong - sharing AUDIO ONLY of FZ6 with Two Brothers Slip on cans. Shot through tinted windscreen on Stupid Phone. It's ~8 min long. Was an MP3 192bpm Stereo.

https://soundcloud.com/fz6-rippedmp3/fz62broxp1tipsrip

Anyone wanting to know how the Two brothers Exhaust SOUNDS on an stock FZ6, this is it! Still has Pre-CAT and post CAT.

~ 1:10 good pull up through 3 gears to ah - higher speeds
~ 5:30 is a pleasant double dip gear selection 4->3 ->2
~ 6:05 a sweeper, on it!!!
~ 7:45 launch through 3 gears, redline was close I suspect!!

- terrain is up hill, down hill, back road, country road, flat land and I chopped up the audio as there were some long straights in there.
- Audio is from Motorola Razr HD
- Note: it appears you can click in the browser and any selection (shows a wave form)! Works better than I expected!! :D
- PS - It's SNOWING and layer of Freezing rain outside! I'm STUCK HERE AND I'M BORED!!! :rolleyes:
====

the_engineer

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright:) thank you so much. I have only put 500 miles on the bike and no rush to get exhaust as I will have to save up ~600 dollars :/ btw do you know anything about used power commanders? are they reliable or should I just buy a new one. cause eventually i'll probably do a cat elimination.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You wouldn't happen to be close to the Oregon border would you? Like ah - PDX? ^^ [MENTION=25586]the_engineer[/MENTION]

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I might be a bit bias, but IMO the Leo Vince looks better, and i like the fact that it comes with Db killers, i don't think the 2 bros comes with them, although they are an option.

I have had the Leo Vince on my bike for a while and it runs fine without a tune, although i have to admit that it does pop a lot under decel, which could be a sign it's a bit lean.

I am not to worried about it, but am still going to get it on a dyno and try the Co tuning just for a laugh though!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/4809-dyno-tune-co-adjustment-leo-vince.html

DSC_3890_zps41ba8ad2.jpg

DSC_3894_zps79590b01.jpg

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Pff Db killers, who needs em? ;) that clip takes me back finalimpact. That 12-14k is just a visceral rape on the senses.

Two bro, with PCIII, K&N, and airbox mod. Hard to explain it haha

It's not 3:30am it's 5:30am. Can't sleep.

Now if I could keep that exhaust clip on a loop that's a nice lullaby

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Listening to the sound clip, they sound very similar to the Scorp's.

I'd like to see the tach as it doesn't sound (at least compared to my bike/Scorps) that he never went over MAYBE 10k RPM's.. Maybe the Scorps are louder (or he has his DB killers in) but listening to that run, it's a daily ride for me taking it easy..

Re the DB killers, at least in the Scorps, they make the pipes sound like the stock exhaust, never got out of the driveway with them... All the plastic fits around them BTW..

With Cat, no DB killers, no PC, slip on and ride, no de-cel popping either..

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ There is a longer version but I didn't include in the quote. PS we think too much alike there - yes, Its a sleep aid... :thumbup: and it it contained the words lullaby..... lol
{{ PASTE: Added this... Its 16 min of FZ sounds to help you sleep! Its a lullaby!
https://soundcloud.com/fz6-rippedmp3/vid-20131024-chop1 now to get a real vid recorder! }} Post 5 http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/51736-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact.html

It pops on decel and just off idle at cruise it has this raspy sound I kinda like. however, after yesterday it pops in a new way and the off idle (light load) rasp is gone mostly as I added the AISS block off plates. It changed its tone ever so slightly.... Although with the battery removed the ECM was making adjustments I suspect but it definitely changed when and where it re-burns in the exhaust.

Post 8, http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/51736-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact.html
Finally got around to the block off plates. Pretty straight forward and I did some cleaning while there. Also - the FZ doesn't seem to care about the loss of the solenoid as the ECM isn't checking for continuity from the AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM SOLENOID (AISS). So its laying on the floor!
I also did some other testing on the bike regarding load both key on and key off. I found it interesting, but thats just me. See - post 14 --> http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/52362-draw-killing-battery.html

Spare parts....
53225d1400389582-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact-dsc_7715-jpg

AISS Block Off Plates Installed:
53226d1400389582-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact-dsc_7711-jpg

As for the Tach, those are some very twisted roads and it was just after a fresh rain on the chip tar so it was a spirited ride but not pushing it. Not to mention being caught in traffic a few times. In the first audio link its too redline a few times. My observation is this; as I've eliminated vibrations it sounds smoother and doesn't sound like its pulling as many R's when its smooth. There was two points on that ride where the nose was up (12K +++) into 2nd. Point, If I'm on it, I take it well into 13!

Pic:
Marks bike has Leo's on it (Pretty sure) mine has the 2B in the foreground. Both sound great mine have the XP1 tip in for my apartment dwelling life.. :(
IMG_20130728_105315_390_zps5caf0062.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a sound clip of the 2 Bros... This was my FZ6 getting base lined and later tuned.... My bike ran really well! :rockon:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69L2vAhOymg&noredirect=1"]FZ6 DYNO - YouTube[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It pops on decel and just off idle at cruise it has this raspy sound I kinda like. however, after yesterday it pops in a new way and the off idle (light load) rasp is gone mostly as I added the AISS block off plates. It changed its tone ever so slightly.... Although with the battery removed the ECM was making adjustments I suspect but it definitely changed when and where it re-burns in the exhaust.

My next project is the block off plates on the SV..:)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Marks bike has Leo's on it (Pretty sure) mine has the 2B in the foreground. Both sound great mine have the XP1 tip in for my apartment dwelling life.. :(

That must be it then with the DB tips in. Where about was the microphone at on the bike when recording, that would make a big difference... Mine, W/O DB killers, sound easily that loud at 8,000 RPM's. MUCH louder at WOT(at least to me when riding/mounted)...

Cliff, was yours hitting the rev limiter at the end of the run? Sounded like just a tad of breaking up at the very end or the top end?

I've never hit the rev limiter on mine, the front wheels off the ground in first and second before that.. Sounded real good thou

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That must be it then with the DB tips in. Where about was the microphone at on the bike when recording, that would make a big difference... Mine, W/O DB killers, sound easily that loud at 8,000 RPM's. MUCH louder at WOT(at least to me when riding/mounted)...

Cliff, was yours hitting the rev limiter at the end of the run? Sounded like just a tad of breaking up at the very end or the top end?

I've never hit the rev limiter on mine, the front wheels off the ground in first and second before that.. Sounded real good thou

Razr HD phone up in the windscreen. It muted out allot of the wind noise fairly well. Mine should be the first to exPLODE the top end as the entire range is used on most every outing. Occasionally the Rev limiter is hit on the 1 -> 2 or 2 - 3. not intentional just kinda happens. :eek:

And ya, sounds like Cliff's ride was in the red on a couple of pulls.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah it was hitting the limiter and I've done that on all of my bikes. The FZ6 would pull the front up easily after it was dyno'd. They will generally do that as they're tuning the bike for the best power regardless where revs are. I don't normally hit my rev. limiter, especially with the SV because I get the best power before that. With close ratio gearing and the the power band of this motor I shift before because, power is power whether in a straight line or pushing out of a turn. :)

Last edited:

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
Two bros are super load. So loud, I don't use my horn anymore, I just rev the crap out of it. Plus they're are many options to personalize them.
2u8agany.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Two bros are super loud. So loud, I don't use my horn anymore, I just rev the crap out of it.

I do the same with my Scorps when behind a cager texting (etc), one rev usually does it, maybe 5k is plenty..

Now, if I'm several vehicles back in line, with a green light, the Steble gets a work out, and 4-5 cars back, #1 can hear it..

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Two bros are super load. So loud, I don't use my horn anymore, I just rev the crap out of it. Plus they're are many options to personalize them.

In the second sound clip posted, some may have noticed a couple of random "Rev'S!!" that girl was HOT! :spank::spank: Blah

As for the minor mods, I chopped the V bracket leaving these.....
Just enough to secure the pods and plastic under the bike. The rest "optional" :eek: :D
attachment.php

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bumping for bracket mod to answer PM about 2bro fitment...

Cut the V-Bracket leaving only these! Then add a 0.125" SS wire from under the tail to Tail Tidy. Doing these two items secures the pod mounts and the TT from moving. See below for pictures of the wire.
53285d1400509863-exhuast-chip-img_20140420_153035_782-web-jpg

here- BD did this... Great solution! It works!
I and a few members ran into this problem years ago, and everyone went in different direction on how to cope with this issue.

Here's my solution back a few years ago. I added more pics in that thread to show the results.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...wo-brother-exhaust-do-they-fit.html#post72833

The only issue I've noticed with this solution is without the addition of the fender, water splashing off the tire gets into the seat compartment making a dirty mess. My solution to that, I just don't ride in the rain. ;)

dp_080805_06.jpg

Throwing this in here. Updated Audio Clip - :D
0 - 110 and yes, phone seems to mute out a lot.
Exhaust tone after Ignition Advance and De-Cat. Same 2Bro Exhaust, same recording device... Crisis on her way to hibernation/winter rest :(

SoundCloud MP3 Audio 2014-11

JJD952 Exhaust Mod Bracket