New owner from Oregon

Sl!pstream

XJ Fanboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, I'm a new owner hailing from the Portland area in Oregon. A few weeks ago I picked up a 2009 FZ6 Raven with 1,400 miles, and I've been loving it so far. I initially had my heart set on an R6 but for the price, I couldn't pass this bike up. It came with Rizoma frame sliders, a corbin seat, R6 shock (not installed) and some cases of yamalube and filters (too bad I'll be running semi-syn oil instead). Speaking of oil, the owners manual calls for 20-40 but not even available on shelves at my local Yamaha dealer, so I imagine 10-40 is just fine? I hope so cause I already changed it with Castrol! :D

This bike is my third Yamaha, it replaces my first bike (an XJ600 Seca II) and is the stablemate to my second (and XJ650 Seca Turbo). My initial plans for it are an exhaust and power commander/bazzaz retune, along with some nicer levers. I've yet to decide on an exhaust, but my local performance shop has told me to stick with Akropovic, Yoshimura (top choices), or Leo Vince, and specifically to avoid Scorpion. Problem is I want to run a carbon fiber slip-on to match the bike, or get something that fits in the factory shroud since stainless steel would stand out too much on a black bike. Opting for full carbon construction means there aren't a whole lot of options it seems. So at this point I'm trying to do some research and find an option that looks and sounds good without being nothing more than a noisemaker. Termignoni makes a very nice looking slip-on, but I cant bring myself to pay a quarter of what I paid for my bike on just an exhaust.

Any input on exhaust options would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my intro!

S67JUr7.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome and nice intro. There are regular members on this forum from the PDX area, two of them with different aftermarket exhaust so you can compare the two. I'm sure they will shout out.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and Welcome!
Not many Turbo Seca's in this town and now I have to wonder - is it possible we may have met some years ago??? Any Corvettes in your life that you had someone reassemble in your garage? Perhaps a Black 78?

I've been around and worked on several different FZ's all having different exhausts. All sound good compared to stock. One thing I like about my two bro is the P1X tips can have sniffer poked down through the center. Some of the others are closer to spark arresters (like a perforated cone inserted) so they do not allow an AFR check on dyno unless removed.

I have a build thread in the mod section with a couple sound clips. Both a drive by and ride along. Mine are ceramic coated black. Bike is actually chocking up quite a few mods these days...

I'm on the east side and have lots of cool places to ride too!
Stay in touch...

Sl!pstream

XJ Fanboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and Welcome!
Not many Turbo Seca's in this town and now I have to wonder - is it possible we may have met some years ago??? Any Corvettes in your life that you had someone reassemble in your garage? Perhaps a Black 78?

I've been around and worked on several different FZ's all having different exhausts. All sound good compared to stock. One thing I like about my two bro is the P1X tips can have sniffer poked down through the center. Some of the others are closer to spark arresters (like a perforated cone inserted) so they do not allow an AFR check on dyno unless removed.

Must be someone else, the only car I own is a Mazda RX-7. There are 2 seca turbos in PDX I know of. One is a 1982 in a private collection, and the other is mine, a much rarer and more powerful 1983 model. My plan is to run a wideband O2 sensor on the FZ6 for monitoring AFR during tuning. I've ruled out two brothers for visual and audible reasons, along with anything that resembles an old yoshi rs-3 can (visible welds are a no go). I've got my eye on an exhaust made by Tiger, it looks pretty slick and sounds good in the videos I've looked up, but I haven't heard of the company before so I'm just not sure how their quality stacks up with other reputable manufacturers.

I'm located on the westside, I rarely go across the river unless its to go to SeeSees or to go on a ride in the hills east of town. You'll find me most often at Tuesday night coffee at Avas or Cars and Coffee. if you happen to be on PNWriders, I have the same handle on there as I do here. It would be cool to meetup sometime either for a ride or just to talk bikes, I'd like to see yours!

Last edited: