Flipped the bike..........

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, sorry but I'm glad yer here and writing us! You might want to take a pic of the oil slick and debris field before to much time passes should you decide to go down the insurance route. Although I'm not sure how it really matter. . .

As for the tank - yes, standard repair and refinish but the labor rate in most towns is high enough that replacement is usually a better choice and if patient, color match can be had.

Heal soon and don't rush things. . .

ph0xx

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, glad you walked/hobbled away with somewhat minor injuries . You shouldn't try and play flippy cup with your motorcycle. Good luck on the healing of yourself as well as the bike!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blah... sorry bout your crash :( .. and very glad you didn't break anything.. should heal up in no time!

What kind of gear were you wearing (besides the helmet)? Not judging you at all.. just curious if you banged yourself up that much at such slow speed with ATG.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa, scary how fast things can go wrong. I'm glad you're relatively OK.

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
do you have insurance, did the police come and give you an accident report? If you do have insurance and did not file report yet I would call 911 and tell them someone hit your parked bike and ran off. This way, the insurance company can't hold it against you.

the police were there before i sat down from the pain. had a witness they cleared me of any fowl play. i work for the federal gov, cant risk less than a $1000 in damage for fraud and my career. but its is a creative idea.

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal up soon.

I would think your insurance should cover most of the costs. Or they might just total the bike. Maybe you can get your settlement check, buy your now totaled bike for a song and fix it back up?

really the cost of the tank and the speedo is really my only big costs.

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, sorry but I'm glad yer here and writing us! You might want to take a pic of the oil slick and debris field before to much time passes should you decide to go down the insurance route. Although I'm not sure how it really matter. . .

As for the tank - yes, standard repair and refinish but the labor rate in most towns is high enough that replacement is usually a better choice and if patient, color match can be had.

Heal soon and don't rush things. . .

i can do fiberglass work and bondo just not able to paint

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a vs2 screen you can have for the cost of shipping:thumbup: great shape, i would like to keep the grommets/ screws. Not much but it might dull the sting:( i did see a koso gauge on the fourm for 225:confused: would be a nice forced mod:ban: good luck PM me am on OBX, nc

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this.
Seems you are ok all things considered.

What is the right thing to do if you are in this situation (besides trying to avoid the oil).
Sounds like a high-side....?
Maybe hold the rear brake down and pull in the clutch....?

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you heal quickly Mate, and so glad it wasn't worse.

Should be able to scrounge the bits you need fairly easily as they are a very common bike.

It's fairly rare to damage the tank in a 'standard' accident (highside or lowside) so there should be some of those around too, if yours isn't serviceable.

Good luck with the recovery!

Cheers,
Rick

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch,that sux.Glad your OKish & heal quick:thumbup:

Also...if oil was involved,there's no shame in that;)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Heal up fast man! So glad you're okay!

I was just thinking today as I commuted with the SV how so many intersections have slippery stuff on em. It takes constant vigilance remembering that intersections are the most likely place to hit this stuff because this is where vehicles stop, burp, fart and leak. :eek:

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Blah... sorry bout your crash :( .. and very glad you didn't break anything.. should heal up in no time!

What kind of gear were you wearing (besides the helmet)? Not judging you at all.. just curious if you banged yourself up that much at such slow speed with ATG.

i was a total squid. i always always wear gear. every once in a while go cross town for a pack of cigs something quick but never again. i have alot of gear, race suits, hot weather gear, leather jackets the works. I'm so mad at myself for just jumping on the bike to rideing across town. i learned my lesson. if i have my regular gear id only be mending my bike not myself as well.

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this.
Seems you are ok all things considered.

What is the right thing to do if you are in this situation (besides trying to avoid the oil).
Sounds like a high-side....?
Maybe hold the rear brake down and pull in the clutch....?

yeah big time high side!!!!!! more the bike and not me i mean it did stop perfectly upside down.

Last edited:

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry it happened...glad you're not hurt any worse...the bike can be fixed...major injury not so much...

road rash scars have a real life story behind them unlike like a tattoo ;)

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal up soon.

I would think your insurance should cover most of the costs. Or they might just total the bike. Maybe you can get your settlement check, buy your now totaled bike for a song and fix it back up?

i wrecked her myself and ill fix her myself. Of course while my left side is busted up ill enlist the help of some fellow/local fz6 riders. thanks in advanced guy see you fri or saturday.