Another New Rider! Damn FZ6 Rocks..so happy to be a owner

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
Soquel Demo is sweet! Going down to Santa Cruz this morning to pedal around a bit, maybe stop in Pacifica on the way home to hit some doubles and the wall ride!

Welcome KB, maybe we'll get to ride sometime, I'm just a couple very scenic hours north of you!

Thanks for the warm Welcome!! Yes I would love to go for a ride sometime! I would definitely have loads of things to learn from you!
Thanks once again!
KB

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Great deal & congrats on making the RIGHT choice :thumbup:

I got my first service thru the dealer cos they are "supposed" to go over the bike & re-torque all the bolts etc. After that have been doing oil changes etc myself.

Went with Progressive for appx 500/comp & they reduced it to 400 after a year a they were no claims/tickets :D

progressive quoted 1146/12 months!!! while AAA gave me 520/12 months. Progressive was not ready to consider my 7 yrs riding experience in India:( nor was any other company except AAA. I hope the insurance gets cheaper as the yrs pass. I have never had a ticket nor accidents in US since I have stepped in. Its been 3 yrs!! But yes I drive always at the speed of Limit+10;)
KB

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I have to tell you this! I was in Austin until last month for abot 3 yrs! Am UT alumni:) And it feels soo good to see someone from Texas! Miss Texas man...I know there isnt as many good rides in and around Austin as we have here in Bay area though.
Yes I had gone for a drive in my cousins car to Santa Cruz. Wow its just awesome. Unfortunately loads of traffic too. I am planning on going for a ride just north of SFO in HWY1 this weekend. may be once I get used to the twisties I will take up the ride in 17 to Santa Cruz. Definitely i wont miss it.
Thanks for the heads up again. I have dropped a PM to CHEMIKER. Hope to hear from him soon.
Quick Question: Did you enjoy the ride in 2222??????
KB

Hook 'em Horns...never mind I went to Colorado State, Go RAMS! :rolleyes:

There a bunch of us Texas here and quite a few from Austin.

2222 is fun. My favorite ride is Lime Creek Road to 1431 to Inks State Lake Park.

Enjoy the Bay Area, lots of fun things to do! :thumbup:

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
Soquel Demo is sweet! Going down to Santa Cruz this morning to pedal around a bit, maybe stop in Pacifica on the way home to hit some doubles and the wall ride!

Welcome KB, maybe we'll get to ride sometime, I'm just a couple very scenic hours north of you!

My first service is due longtime. Any suggestions on which mechanic I can go to who does it well and who doesnt rip me apart! I have no clue about how to do it myself. So its never an option as of now. Hope you know someone around San jose or closer.
Thanks in advance
KB

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Oye Desi, that makes 4 of us on the forum including lonesoldier and Desi_FZ6. You could get the service done with the help of some of our local forum members there. Doesn't need a lot to change the oil.
1. Get a nice 100 piece toolkit from costco
2. Get a oil filter wrench from Wally World, if possible the clamp type not the plastic socket type.
3. Set the bike on side stand and put an aluminum foil beneath the filter and drain bolt and set a oil pan below.
4. Remove the drain bolt slowly as the oil will gush out
5. Let the oil completely drain and then remove the filter
6. Repeat the process in reverse and fill the oil.

BTW, get Shell Rotella T Synthetic or Mobil 1 synthetic and a Purolator Pure One PL14610 oil filter (from Advance auto parts). Refer to this forum or this site Motorcycle Info and Accessories for all possible questions.

I have statefarm which is like $450/yr for 100 comp and 250 coll.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow 10 years riding in india :eek::eek:..ive seen on tv how crazy the drivers are over there..if you survived that you shouldnt have any probs :thumbup:

10 years riding in India for me too :rockon:. You develop catlike road survival skills in that crazy traffic.

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
Oye Desi, that makes 4 of us on the forum including lonesoldier and Desi_FZ6. You could get the service done with the help of some of our local forum members there. Doesn't need a lot to change the oil.
1. Get a nice 100 piece toolkit from costco
2. Get a oil filter wrench from Wally World, if possible the clamp type not the plastic socket type.
3. Set the bike on side stand and put an aluminum foil beneath the filter and drain bolt and set a oil pan below.
4. Remove the drain bolt slowly as the oil will gush out
5. Let the oil completely drain and then remove the filter
6. Repeat the process in reverse and fill the oil.

BTW, get Shell Rotella T Synthetic or Mobil 1 synthetic and a Purolator Pure One PL14610 oil filter (from Advance auto parts). Refer to this forum or this site Motorcycle Info and Accessories for all possible questions.

I have statefarm which is like $450/yr for 100 comp and 250 coll.

Thanks ....well I very new to this. Therefore just thinking may be the first service I will get it done as its long due and im still new! dont wanna mess it up now. Once I get used to the bike and learn some tits and bits..I will be all set to do it myself! I have never worked on a bike in my life..give me a computer I will do what u like or dream off.:rockon:.but if you ask me to work on a bike..lol..still a first grade student:( I can ride it anywhere anyway...(thankfully)
I have to say this again...this forum has given me a real warm welcome and I am soo thankful to all. You have been very accommodating. Thanks once again:thumbup:
KB

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I never messed with a bike before this too. Hell, I didn't even wash mine in India (Dad's money :p) and let it out in torrential Bombay rains. The tank rusted :O. But the SBN forum made the tool junkie out of me and these performance bikes the inspiration. Not that I didn't do a few mistakes. Usually one mistake during every mod causing me to redo a part/whole of it and couple of stripped threads later I am much wiser.

And yeah me a CS PhD student so I know what you mean. Check my signature for the mods list, its an addiction.

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
I never messed with a bike before this too. Hell, I didn't even wash mine in India (Dad's money :p) and let it out in torrential Bombay rains. The tank rusted :O. But the SBN forum made the tool junkie out of me and these performance bikes the inspiration. Not that I didn't do a few mistakes. Usually one mistake during every mod causing me to redo a part/whole of it and couple of stripped threads later I am much wiser.

And yeah me a CS PhD student so I know what you mean. Check my signature for the mods list, its an addiction.

Yes I have plans of getting a full fairing kit to mine. But never found any US dealer selling the one I am looking for. U have loads of mods...I will be there soon!