Another New Rider! Damn FZ6 Rocks..so happy to be a owner

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello my fellow riders...As the title says ..am new to the community:) I have been going through different threads in this forum and well i couldnt resist but to enroll myself and be a part of this family. So here I am..
A little abt my new baby!..I found an ad in CL 2007 FZ6 red colour..had run just 680 miles and was on sale for $4500 with gear(rocket gloves+tour master jacket+shuriken helmet) Bike is completely stock...and well rides amazingly well. I had read a lot of positive reviews abt it and since I found the deal to be good, I just pounced on it to be honest. Its been 3 days since I bought it and man...it is just fantastic...I have put on 130 miles already and I have truly enjoyed every mile of it(except insurance shopping was terrible..finally ended up buying full coverage from AAA for $520 for 12 months). I have about 10 yrs of experience riding a motorcycle back in India but nothing was even close to this GEM. I took up MSF course last September and since then had been looking for a bike which suited my size(6ft 2inches tall/170lbs) I am planning on getting a full cowling kit ..but never found anyone selling the kind I need. But as suck in stock this baby is just awesome. Right from the min I sat on it I have received so many compliments.
Unfortunately I am new to this place(San Jose), this forum/ this riding community in US. the bike needs its first service asap and I have to hunt for a mechanic who does it for me. any suggestions would be grt. I dont think I would want to do it myself as im very new with this.
All I can say for now is I am a very satisfied owner of FZ6 and will not change it for anything. hope to learn and share a lot of information and news with u all from now on!
Before I sign off I have to say..this forum is just awesome.. so informative and filled with ppl who just make me more proud to be a part of Fz6 family..thanks a million:):thumbup:
I have attached a few pics for now.

KB

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome::welcome: Welcome to the best forum out there. Everybody is so helpfull it's awesome. I'm sure you will enjoy your FZ6 they are sweet motorcycles. :rockon:

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow 10 years riding in india :eek::eek:..ive seen on tv how crazy the drivers are over there..if you survived that you shouldnt have any probs :thumbup:

Bike looks very nice...Welcome to the FZ6 familly :thumbup:

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow 10 years riding in india :eek::eek:..ive seen on tv how crazy the drivers are over there..if you survived that you shouldnt have any probs :thumbup:

Bike looks very nice...Welcome to the FZ6 familly :thumbup:

:thumbup: trust me its fun to ride in those roads too..doing twisties in the straight roads! ..thanks

flamewulfe

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
You pay 520 a year for full coverage? Count your blessings . . . its over 1300 a year for me here in FL . . .

Welcome to the forum, I'm a fairly new member myself!

:welcome:

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Im a Newb too!!!

I bought a forum member's bike (Gunny) I love this thing...
Took me a day to get used to that smooth clutch but now its no problem cant wait till we get rid of all this ice and rack up some serious mileage...

I just ordered the mount for my givi top box... and a tank bag... Im considering givi sideboxes... anybody have thoughts on good cargo solutions??

I do drag her through the city everyday...

Does anyone know if they make knee grips for the gas tank like on the Triumph Bonnie? I keep sliding forward on the seat...Not anything too troubling

Riding a real bike (former scoot rider) again makes me want to move somewhere with a longer season

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

The first service is basically an oil change and a complete once-over on everthing w/ adjustment to the controls etc. as needed/wanted. If feel more comfortable shelling out $200+ for something you could do yourself for $30, just take it to a Yamaha dealership in your area. Maybe Bay Area Riders Forum will be able to help you find a reputable dealer.

You've got some great riding right in your backyard :thumbup:

Im a Newb too!!!

I bought a forum member's bike (Gunny) I love this thing...

You bought a good bike from a good guy.

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
You pay 520 a year for full coverage? Count your blessings . . . its over 1300 a year for me here in FL . . .

Welcome to the forum, I'm a fairly new member myself!

I have to be honest with u..when I was shopping for insurance I have seen so much of variations in quotes...GOD...unbelievable..bcoz I had got quotes from $520 to $1396..
Thanks for the warm welcome

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site

The first service is basically an oil change and a complete once-over on everthing w/ adjustment to the controls etc. as needed/wanted. If feel more comfortable shelling out $200+ for something you could do yourself for $30, just take it to a Yamaha dealership in your area. Maybe Bay Area Riders Forum will be able to help you find a reputable dealer.

You've got some great riding right in your backyard :thumbup:

You bought a good bike from a good guy.

$200 + ??????? for the first service...damn now..this Riding comes with not just the fun part..wow...servicing comes in the "pain" part!!!..I wish I knew how to change the oil and do the needful to the bike myself:(

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site