Another New Rider! Damn FZ6 Rocks..so happy to be a owner

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
First, let me say :welcome:

I think once you have had the bike for a while & read through some of the excellent posts on this forum you will start to feel a little more comfortable in doing simple service for yourself. Lots of smart people here who will offer advice. Who knows, maybe somebody lives near you who can lend a hand.

If you do go the self service route, you can start spending the money you save on mods!

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Sweet deal on a great bike! I took my FZ to the dealer for the first service due to warranty and such. It was my understanding I can do them on my own after that. I'm just about due for my first change on my own. After reading bd43's post, I don't think I have any concerns about it at all.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/1573-how-do-oil-change.html#post11887

wow...That helps by heaps...this forum is soo damn cool..thanks a million again

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
First, let me say :welcome:

I think once you have had the bike for a while & read through some of the excellent posts on this forum you will start to feel a little more comfortable in doing simple service for yourself. Lots of smart people here who will offer advice. Who knows, maybe somebody lives near you who can lend a hand.

If you do go the self service route, you can start spending the money you save on mods!

As I said im very new to San Jose..I just moved in here.. And new to forum too:( I hope someone here in san jose guides me..but thinking of spending 200+ is soo damn scary..I am starting to do my homework now..hope I will be confident to know how to do it by myself.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum! :)
It's easy for me to spend your money, but I'd really suggest that you let a dealer perform the 1st Service on your FZ6. Not only will they do a "proper" job of changing your oil and filter, they'll give your bike a good once-over to make sure everything is ok.
By the time your next oil change rolls around, you just might be confident enough to do it yourself.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome:I have only been a part of the Fz6 community for a short time but everyone is really cool and it's been a lot of fun being a part of something so great. You will love it here and congrats on the most excellent choich of bikes and not to mention color!!!!! :D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike and great price. I see that you have tennis shoes on, bad idea as the laces can get caught on the peg and you might go down. Get some riding boots.

Travis AKA Chemiker is from San Jose, he has a fast Red one too. You too should hook up. He's a great guy and has been aournd this this forum for a long time. I'm sure he can give you some quick tips on how to ride and survive in your area.

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike and great price. I see that you have tennis shoes on, bad idea as the laces can get caught on the peg and you might go down. Get some riding boots.

Travis AKA Chemiker is from San Jose, he has a fast Red one too. You too should hook up. He's a great guy and has been aournd this this forum for a long time. I'm sure he can give you some quick tips on how to ride and survive in your area.

Actually I had no plans of picking it up at that time..and was not ready for it..But yes..I definitely would be wearing boots next time..and thanks for making a point..it scares me when I think if the laces had played their part ...thanks once again..for the reference too..

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi KB - Welcome! :welcome: Looks like you got a smokin' hot deal on your bike, well done. Enjoy your bike and the beautiful rides in the San Jose area.

See if you can link up with CHEMIKER, he lives in SJ and knows the area well. Perhaps he can suggest a few rides. I used to work in the area for about 14 years and I loved riding my bicycle in the hills. My favorite was about a 100 mile loop from SJ to Santa Cruz and back to SJ. Just be very, very careful on 17, it can be frosty in the winter and damp in the shadows but it is a rewarding ride.

Last edited:

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course welcome my fellow rider. I know what you mean about loving this bike...I love mine too...:cheer:
You will find so much useful info here on this forum and everyone here is very polite and respecful. Ride safe.

hardway

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi KB - Welcome! :welcome: Looks like you got a smokin' hot deal on your bike, well done. Enjoy your bike and the beautiful rides in the San Jose area.

See if you can link up with CHEMIKER, he lives in SJ and knows the area well. Perhaps he can suggest a few rides. I used to work in the area for about 14 years and I loved riding my bicycle in the hills. My favorite was about a 100 mile loop from SJ to Santa Cruz and back to SJ. Just be very, very careful on 17, it can be frosty in the winter and damp in the shadows but it is a rewarding ride.

Soquel Demo is sweet! Going down to Santa Cruz this morning to pedal around a bit, maybe stop in Pacifica on the way home to hit some doubles and the wall ride!

Welcome KB, maybe we'll get to ride sometime, I'm just a couple very scenic hours north of you!

Desi_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Great deal & congrats on making the RIGHT choice :thumbup:

I got my first service thru the dealer cos they are "supposed" to go over the bike & re-torque all the bolts etc. After that have been doing oil changes etc myself.

Went with Progressive for appx 500/comp & they reduced it to 400 after a year a they were no claims/tickets :D

Last edited:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Well all of my helpful forum brothers & sisters have pointed you in the right direction so I will just say Welcome to the forum!

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: aboard! The FZ6 is an exceptional bike. The FZ6 forum is a wealth of info and good people!:thumbup:

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site

Hi,
I have to tell you this! I was in Austin until last month for abot 3 yrs! Am UT alumni:) And it feels soo good to see someone from Texas! Miss Texas man...I know there isnt as many good rides in and around Austin as we have here in Bay area though.
Yes I had gone for a drive in my cousins car to Santa Cruz. Wow its just awesome. Unfortunately loads of traffic too. I am planning on going for a ride just north of SFO in HWY1 this weekend. may be once I get used to the twisties I will take up the ride in 17 to Santa Cruz. Definitely i wont miss it.
Thanks for the heads up again. I have dropped a PM to CHEMIKER. Hope to hear from him soon.
Quick Question: Did you enjoy the ride in 2222??????
KB