Watsen Flush GROUP BUY!

Coskie

Reaction score
Visit site
Jman, as I understand we're only getting a deal if we can get all the little devices in a box where it's easier to ship it.

I'll ask him though : )

I have to, again, apologize for laziness. I went to an amusement park today with the family and didn't get a chance to call him. I'll try again tomorrow (hopefully he's able to answer)!

Coskie

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so here's a master Recap of who I have ordering and what they want.

For the people who have "NEED INFORMATION" under their name, I'll count them in for now, but I need the exact part # soon.

GTHappy, I'm unsure if you want the Running Light option. I counted you for without one for now, but if you want this to change, let me know.

RECAP

• [*]Coskie
    WDN114-CR + RunLight

[*]rsw81
    NEED INFORMATION

[*]FZ6inNH
    WDN129-BLC + RunLight

[*]AJ_Rider
    WDN114-CR + RunLight

[*]2-stroke
    NEED INFORMATION

[*]Jman
    WDN129-MB + RunLight

[*]Jman
    WDN129-MB + RunLight

[*]nodaknodoubt
    NEED INFORMATION

[*]yamaha_rider87
    WDN114-BL + RunLight

[*]GTHappy
    WDN129-MB NO RUN LIGHT

[*]mstewar1
    WDN114-CR + RunLight

[*]dickieD
    WDN129-BM + RunLight

• BigJoeG
    WDN114-BL + RunLight

Last edited:

BigJoeG

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for coming in on this late. I'll take a set as well. P/N WDN114-BL with the running light option. Shipping to Nelson, NH 03457

Thanks for the leg work.

Coskie

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, so I just got off the phone with the vendor.

I've got good news and bad news. First the bad, then the good.

Bad News:
Roger from Watsen Design would like a little more interest in this program. He said that typically dealers will purchase between 20-25 units at a time.

Good News:
He said that I should let it run for a few more weeks (until middle of Sept) and see if we can get more interest. Either way, we'll cut it off and send in the order. If we stir up a bit more interest we'll get the "dealer" price of $100. I forgot to ask him whether it was OK to order different colors for the order, but I'm sure it is alright.

So, what we need is for everyone to tell their friends about this deal! The more people we get interested, the less expensive it will be for everyone!!

Thanks,
Cory "Coskie"

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Talked to Roger today Cory. He said he doesn't care about the different colors and styles - doesn't matter for the order quantity. He seems like a really cool guy! He is the one that designs and makes them! So, according to Roger - the deadline for all others who may wish to place an order is Sept 15th. That is when the order will be placed. This is a one shot deal (thanks to Cory's negotiations:thumbup:) that they have never done before for a forum community.

Coskie

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Jman.. that's exactly what he told me : )

Yeah, so I'll give him a call back on the 15th (a Monday) and place a final order. Until then, let's get everything else straight so when it shows up it's easy for me to send them out. Please PM me your mailing address. I won't share it on the forum.

For all those who have not finalized their part # with me, please do this ASAP. If you don't get me the part # by the deadline, I will assume you're no longer interested in the group buy.

We'll talk about payment later, but I think it'll work as it did before - everyone Paypal me a certain amount that's a little more than product + shipping and then I rebate the remaining amount back with a check mailed with your product.

There's one thing I want to make clear. And that's that Roger with Watsen is not doing this for business' sake. As he expressed to me, he doesn't really care to sell more than he already is selling. He's doing this to help us out. I'm trying to think of something special to do for him as our way to say "thanks" but nothing comes to mind.

~Cory

abner

Reaction score
Visit site
Would it make sense to start... if there isn't one already, a "sponsors page" or a "FZ6-Forum product endorsement page"?

The powers that be could use it to endorse say Watsens, Fazr6 FE, or what ever else they or the forum sees fit for our FZs.

They would have to come up with some way of being non-bias tho. By theory, Two Bros could send them a nice little package in return for their endorsment.

I hate like hell hinting at the idea of commercializing such a great forum tho.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm seriously considering getting some. If you wait until mid September, it would be better for me. I will have to do a little more research on deciding which ones I want, as far as functions and color. I'll post up or PM you the model #.

I will say this, I do not use Pay Pal! Part of the reason why I haven't been able to donate or become an elite member. I have purchased numerous items from other members by sending them a U.S. Postal Money Order purchased from the federal govenment at the post office. Anyone can cash it at any U.S. Post Office at no cost to the recepient, or you can cash it or deposit the money order at your local bank. It's similar to an official or Cashier's check that you would get from your bank, but better in my opinion. So if you will accept this form of payment, count me in.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just went on their website........will these flushmounts fit an '06 FZ6?

The page I went onto indicated for '07 and up...

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Vegas, you want part # WDN114-BL which is the Team Yamaha Blue, unless you'd prefer the matte or gloss black. Don't forget to order with the $5 running lights option, ok? :D

Coskie

Reaction score
Visit site
Vegas,

That form of payment will be fine. There are others like you. I just would not ship the product until I get the money order. Do your research in due diligence.. we will not have the final order until September 15. I can guarantee you, though, that these flush-mounts are the best in their class, though they cost a little more. With this group purchase, we're hopefully putting a dent in that cost and trying to stir up interest.

As FZ6 said, the flush-mounts are color matched to your bike. Whatever you decide, please let me know and I will update my lists. With any other questions please post here. Jman, FZ6, and myself are turning out to be the experts ; )

Cory

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I am still really torn as to whether I want them to be flat-black or blue to match the bike. They both would look so good... anyone have pics of both on a blue 06? I did a search and only found red ones.:thumbup:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Coskie,
I've got a shipping suggestion. Since Watsen wants to (understandably) send all the units in one box, what if you then shipped batches of the lights to a designated geographical representative. Kinda like the way Fedex does stuff. Someone on the left and right coasts, and someone in the middle. That way you're not stuck dealing with a load of individual packages.

Just a thought...

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Any updates on what the projected price will be? There has been speculation, but no concrete statements on price yet.