The All-Combined West Coast FZ6-Forum Ride

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha! "The Wolfpack". We should all get that patched into our riding jackets, then go tip over harleys and ride away.

And you best be careful Kriddo, that 5'4" frenchman will shoot you in the face......with a musket!

And who you calling crazy?!? *licks own eyeball*

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious when would you be heading north in Oregon going into Washington??? dates please, and be as close as possible to the actual day please!!!

August 9th we should be partway through Oregon.

Some time during the day of August 10th we should be in Washington.

This may vary if we need to adjust the schedule to accommodate some rider-groups, but it won't vary by too much. If anything it could be delayed a single day, but I do not think so. We have plenty of wiggle room as it is already in the build-up to Oregon and Washington.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
mot-special.jpg

:rof: @ this thread.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live (literally) <3 miles from the Step 69 on the South Route. I could probably host a BBQ the day you ride through. Then take you over Angeles Forest/Angeles Crest (if it's open, and to Newcomb's Ranch Inn, a motorcycle mecca in LA)/Big Tujunga Road (if it's not open) down into Pasadena (kinda North LA area). Only issue is that my wife is due with our first child on 7/31. I'll be on leave at the time and I just wanna make sure she'll be fine by herself with our daughter for few hours. I'd venture a guess that wavex & calirider could make the trip too if they got the day off.

Palmdale, CA.

Ok, this would provide an alternative for how to spend the day I'll be in or near Santa Barbara. The group may not want to come to Santa Barbara, and if they do not we can split up for the day and everyone else can do this BBQ then motorcycle mecca. The next morning we can link up again at a predetermined place and time.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Palmdale, CA.

Ok, this would provide an alternative for how to spend the day I'll be in or near Santa Barbara. The group may not want to come to Santa Barbara, and if they do not we can split up for the day and everyone else can do this BBQ then motorcycle mecca. The next morning we can link up again at a predetermined place and time.

:eyebrow::steve: BEACH!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I suggest we slab it from Vegas to Angeles Crest Hwy and head over to LA that way. Unless you can't handle those twisties, I know your roads in Alberta are long, flat and straight.

It will put us into Pasadena, north side of LA. You could even go to Hollywood. Or you can just hop onto the 118 and head west to Santa Barbara. We should go up the 101 along the coast to Northern California.

This will be your first introduction to LANE SPLITTING!

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
August 9th we should be partway through Oregon.

Some time during the day of August 10th we should be in Washington.

This may vary if we need to adjust the schedule to accommodate some rider-groups, but it won't vary by too much. If anything it could be delayed a single day, but I do not think so. We have plenty of wiggle room as it is already in the build-up to Oregon and Washington.

Thanks, I have weekends off, so I was hoping that you be in my area then. I will look into getting some time off around then. I have to put in for days I want off a month in advance, that is why I needed to find out what days you be in my area.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I suggest we slab it from Vegas to Angeles Crest Hwy and head over to LA that way. Unless you can't handle those twisties, I know your roads in Alberta are long, flat and straight.

It will put us into Pasadena, north side of LA. You could even go to Hollywood. Or you can just hop onto the 118 and head west to Santa Barbara. We should go up the 101 along the coast to Northern California.

oh. right.... lane splitting.... never done that here....:BLAA:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Free spirits pay no heed to the laws of mortals, and the borders of countries. Lane splitting is such a common-sense thing to do, I would be remiss NOT to do it, even here in Alberta.

As for the roads, I will be coming off a long stretch of straightish road on the way in, so my stamina-reserve will be at 100% and I will be eager to get into the good stuff.

As for the road north, I want the most madness possible. I am talking murderously twisty roads. The stuff dreams are made of. Being far removed from society will be a big boost as well, as it is my experience these tend to have less of a police presence and much less annoying traffic. I understand this is not a hooligan run, nor am I a hooligan, but I am coming that far from home for a reason :p

Thanks, I have weekends off, so I was hoping that you be in my area then. I will look into getting some time off around then. I have to put in for days I want off a month in advance, that is why I needed to find out what days you be in my area.

Arrival time in Vancouver is pretty much going to be set on the 11th. That might be a day or so off in either direction depending on events and circumstances as the trip develops. I need to have a couple days in the Vancouver area, then a couple days to ride home. So the 11th is going to be something I really shoot for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vegas Arrival Update:
I am thinking of making a much more direct launch for Vegas. If I can be there no later than the evening of the 2nd, the California riding experience will be leisurely and enjoyable. Otherwise keeping on schedule may force us to miss great roads as we move up north. If we leave Vegas by about noon or 2pm on the 3rd, I think we will be in good shape. But, if I can make great time coming South initially and can get my Vegas sight-seeing out of the way on the evening of the 2nd, then leaving bright and early on the 3rd for the coastline would be even better.
Again, all of this is preliminary, tentative, and conceptual.

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With this route, I can fairly easily be in Salt Lake City and departing from there on the morning of the 2nd.

Taking a detour to the Grand Canyon and spending some time up there will see to it that arriving in Vegas mid-day on the 3rd is probably likely.

That will assume I spend the night camping at the Grand Canyon. Leaving on the morning of the 4th for the coast line and departing from Vegas will put us back on the initial plan. That will have us finally turning North on the morning of the 5th. From the 5th that will leave 6 full days of riding to the end of day on the 10th. Departing on the morning on the 11th, Vancouver should be within distance for that day's ride.

So, 6 day's of riding on the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th to make it from the area around Santa Barbara to just inside Oregon someplace. On the 10th, sometime around mid to late afternoon, or at the very worst, in the evening, we should be exiting California to keep on schedule.

So, that means 6 full riding days spent in California. Depending on how much time we are making, rest time may be available. I want to enjoy California. It will be the highlight of the trip.

Again, all of this is preliminary, tentative, and conceptual.

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with VegasRider, with six days of riding in California you might want to think about riding up the coast from Santa Barbara to the Bay Area. You'd have the opportunity to ride our twisties in the Santa Cruz Mtns (Hwy 9/35/Pescadero etc.) especially if you get there during the week before the weekend squids gum up the roads. The you could either head east to the Gold Country for the twisty roads up there on to the Lake Tahoe Area. there's so many possibilities with your 6 day Ca. riding schedule. :thumbup:
Just my .02 worth (o.k., maybe just .01 worth)..

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with VegasRider, with six days of riding in California you might want to think about riding up the coast from Santa Barbara to the Bay Area. You'd have the opportunity to ride our twisties in the Santa Cruz Mtns (Hwy 9/35/Pescadero etc.) especially if you get there during the week before the weekend squids gum up the roads. The you could either head east to the Gold Country for the twisty roads up there on to the Lake Tahoe Area. there's so many possibilities with your 6 day Ca. riding schedule. :thumbup:
Just my .02 worth (o.k., maybe just .01 worth)..

That would have me leaving from near San Fransisco on the top of the 6th heading in a general north-easterly direction. That would leave the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th for the rest of California all the way to the Oregon border.

And, any input is helpful. Thanks Lefty.