Summer mesh jacket recommendations?

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Can anybody recommend me a summer mesh jacket?

Budget: upto $250

I am looking for city riding, for highway speeds I have a Rev'It's RS perforated leather jacket.

I am only going to use the mesh jacket for stop and go traffic in the city.

I want high viz preferrably or lightly coloured jackets (white, yellow etc)

Protection is important, but i want a really good air flow too.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a built mesh jacket that I've had for about a year now and it is still like new even being a "el cheepo" brand. It works great for air flow but doesn't have much armor. I want to get either the A-stars or daniese mesh armor sometime soon.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I use the Joe Rocket UFO 2 jacket and I think it gets good air flow and has decent protection and armor in the right areas.

large_img.php

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
You didn't say what size you are, but if you can handle an XL or XXL, NewEnough has a great deal on yellow mesh Cortech by Tour Master GX Air Series 2 Jacket :: MotorcycleGear.com . I've enjoyed the blue version for a few years. I particularly like the leather on the elbows and shoulders for protection. It's less than half price if you're the right size!

huy

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for the same thing and settled with a RS Taichi Armed High Protection Mesh Jacket. I wanted a mesh jacket for the summer but I also wanted a lot of protection and this jacket has it all. It gets good airflow, good quality and has ce armor in the chest, back, elbow and shoulders.

The Rev'it airwave jacket looks pretty good too except for the back protector. I have the pants and they feel very well made.

Here's a link (not affiliated with sbtg):
RS Taichi Armed High Protection Mesh Jacket - RSJ275 White from SportbikeTrackGear.com

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a size large. Sometimes a medium if the cut is generous.

42inch chest

kind of broad shoulders though

I like that RS Taichi jacket! I think I can swing it.

I considered the Rev it Airwave, the Alpinestars T GP Air and the Icon Hooligan 2.

I have ordered AGV's Solare high viz jacket for $100. I still haven't received it though. I started reading up on it and it seems that it's flimsy.

When i say that I want protection, I am taking the fact about shoulder and elbow armor as a given.

I want a good quality fabrics for good abrasion resistance. In the city I can pull upto 80mph while going over a bridge etc. I would have to see myself sliding on a piece of shit jacket that would burn through and I would be riding on my skin.

On another hand I don't want to overdo protection wise if I am in stop and go traffic.

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to try and get one of these and just wear it over my shirt, and since I ride to work every day I could wear it over my work shirt too.

aeed41b1-9f2c-5b04.jpg
aeed41b1-9f3c-9f0e.jpg

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to try and get one of these and just wear it over my shirt, and since I ride to work every day I could wear it over my work shirt too.

aeed41b1-9f2c-5b04.jpg
aeed41b1-9f3c-9f0e.jpg

This might be good for stunt riders since they dont really face the danger of sliding on pavment for hundreds of feet.

I would be worried with the mesh fabric holding all the armor in place from breaking during sliding. Once it breaks none of the armor will stay in place protecting you. It is kind of useless dont you think.

I definitely wouldnt wear something like this, even for casual rides around the city.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think dainese or alpine stars would make something useless, and either way it still would offer more protection then nothing during those 100* Atlanta summer days

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think dainese or alpine stars would make something useless, and either way it still would offer more protection then nothing during those 100* Atlanta summer days

It's not useless, it's just not usable for distance rides whether short or long.

I am not an expert on stunters, but they are not usually in danger of sliding across pavement.

They are most likely going to fall and tumble at worst for which these jackets look great.

They are not constrictive thus allowing a lot of freedom of movement as well as air flow for a bike stunt rider.

This would be best used when used under a jacket of some sorts for abrasion resistance.

Ultimately, yes that is better than nothing. But again i wouldn't wear it alone without anything for abrasion resistance.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Being that you're from NYC, I would stick with the High Vis. You know, Rev It USA is based in NYC, I think Brooklyn to be exact. Rev It has a new line of High Vis jackets, I think mesh too.

I have the Rev It Tarmac air mesh in the color blue.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i wear the Icon ARC Mesh jacket..i think i got it for $100 flat from a local dealer

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
FirstGear Rush Mesh Jacket - 2010 :: MotorcycleGear.com

Too bad you didn't buy this earlier, they had $40 promotional gift card, now it's only $5. But still a good jacket, and you can get teh hi-vis version you wanted. Looks cool and is cool with the mesh.

That is the same jacket I just got in day glow hi-vis. I'm 6'7" 200 lbs. so I got a large tall. The fit is great, the mesh lets a good amount of air in on hot days, it has good armor, and the price was $150 with a 5% off coupon that The Motorcycle Superstore often runs. I totally recommend it too!

Side note on the day glow color. I have no way to really verify this, but it sure seems to me that I'm being given more space in traffic with this jacket, and that just helps to make for a nicer ride.