3/4 Season Touring Jacket Recommendations

huy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys! Need your expert advice about a 3/4 season touring jacket in a 3/4 length.

I've been looking around and I am still very undecided about what to get. I already have a summer jacket so I will only need this for fall/winter/spring. Hope you guys can suggest something that fits most of the top requirements.

What I am looking for in order of importance:
1. Waterproof
2. Protection (CE in arms and shoulder minimum, I'll take stronger textile over breathability)
3. Longevity (should last a long time with normal wear)
4. Vents (for big temp changes)
5. Warmth/removable liner
6. Available in Hi-Viz color
7. Looks (of course plays some role)

I am looking to spend no more than $350 but can go up to $400 and that is the absolute limit.

My top choices right now are:
First Gear TPG Rainier (Buy 2010 old stock. Top pick right now, no glaring issues but not warm, some reports of leaking arms)
Olympia AST 2 (Checks all the boxes except tendency to leak)
Rev'it Cayenne Pro (Another good choices but I have been reading a lot about issues with durability in the Rev'it line)

Thanks for the help.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my first textile jacket and pant combo this spring to supplement my leathers that I normally wear for spirited rides. On the recommendation on Cali rider and Wavex I purchased this jacket Joe Rocket Dry Tech Nano Jacket :: MotorcycleGear.com (which is now unavailable) which is slightly different from Cali rider's and Wavex's. I wore it on my 6 day, 2600 mile adventure in June through SoCal/Arizona/Utah/Nevada and from temps of 50º up to 115º and it worked superbly! The ventilation was outstanding, and when the temps got chilly it kept me warm and dry. I think this is the newest version of the Joe Rocket jacket. Joe Rocket Ballistic 8.0 Jacket :: MotorcycleGear.com

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

huy

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my first textile jacket and pant combo this spring to supplement my leathers that I normally wear for spirited rides. On the recommendation on Cali rider and Wavex I purchased this jacket Joe Rocket Dry Tech Nano Jacket :: MotorcycleGear.com (which is now unavailable) which is slightly different from Cali rider's and Wavex's. I wore it on my 6 day, 2600 mile adventure in June through SoCal/Arizona/Utah/Nevada and from temps of 50º up to 115º and it worked superbly! The ventilation was outstanding, and when the temps got chilly it kept me warm and dry. I think this is the newest version of the Joe Rocket jacket. Joe Rocket Ballistic 8.0 Jacket :: MotorcycleGear.com

Try TourMaster or Olympia.
I have a TourMaster Transition jacket (ladies version, of course), and love it. Here's the link, so you can read it for yourself:

Tour Master :: Textile Jackets

and I love my Olympia gear as well....

Tour Master :: Textile Jackets

Spend the money on good gear and it'll last you a very long time.

Were you guys able to try it out in the rain? I would really like not to bring an additional layer for rain if I dont have to.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Were you guys able to try it out in the rain? I would really like not to bring an additional layer for rain if I dont have to.

Not personally but when I was reading reviews of the Joe Rocket a rider from my area, SF Bay Area, said he got caught in a 60 minute downpour on the freeway and stayed bone dry. I try to avoid the rain like the plaque however..:D

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: