Riding Suits

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been wanting to get some quality riding gear and have been torn between leather and other products.

I know there is another thread here with someone going back and forth on a few suits they want to buy. I thought about commenting on that one but I didn't want to try to hijack the thread so I'll start my own.

Part of me wants to get a good set of leathers. I have quality riding gear, but it's not leather. I have a Tourmaster jacket that is comfortable and great for cold and wet weather and a Joe Rocket Mesh that is great in warm weather.

I believe I could get pants that would zip up and add to both of these jackets and that's one option but it wouldn't be leather.

I believe the first question on everyone's mind is what type of riding am I looking to do.

I mainly ride short distance but I want to try a couple long distance rides and for that I want some pants that I can trust. I have also been wanting to try track-days and this is the reason I've been wanting leather. Something I could wear to the track.

I'm also not into the idea of getting a one piece because I worry about fit. I'm a bit big around the middle and most of those suits look great on guys who model with a 6 pac. :p Actually I think I look more like a barrel, only a couple inches difference between chest, belly and hips.

As for money I want to save it like everyone else but I understand I may need to have a budget around $1000 USD to play with for a full suit.