S.b.n. ?

It was up yesterday (although not much interesting happening for me) and it appears to be up tonight. Fred must be doing some upgrades....

I know for a while there I was getting those automated e-mails... Been a while since I got one though...

"Hello, Bill!
We've noticed that you've not been active on Sportbikes.net for quite some time now, and we miss you!

Could we not tempt you back?

Did you know we have new Give-A-Ways, Contests, and much much more.

If you don't remember your password, you can request it here: Sportbikes.net - Lost Password Recovery Form
We hope to see you soon

Kindest Regards
Sportbikes.net"
I got one of those e-mails also... the funny thing is I'm banned there! LOL:D

I got one of those e-mails also... the funny thing is I'm banned there! LOL:D

You? Banned? What the heck for? You seem to be very level-headed here!

I left them because I thought the quality of posting degraded considerably. As wavex said here once, it is like a bunch of 13 yr olds picking on each other.

This place keeps the posts interesting and more on topic, is a lot more friendly and family oriented, lots of "Police" to keep the banter to a minimum and because of this we've become a great online community.

Thank you Dennis and all the mods! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You? Banned? What the heck for? You seem to be very level-headed here!

I left them because I thought the quality of posting degraded considerably. As wavex said here once, it is like a bunch of 13 yr olds picking on each other.

This place keeps the posts interesting and more on topic, is a lot more friendly and family oriented, lots of "Police" to keep the banter to a minimum and because of this we've become a great online community.

Thank you Dennis and all the mods! :thumbup: :thumbup:

What are you talking about? wavex is on e of the 13 yr olds... :D As for "off topicness", I prefer it that way. Otherwise it becomes a tech only list and there is only so much to talk about without being repetitive.

I belong to two BMW lists. One is a tech only list and the other is anything BMW (or motorcycle related) and very light moderation.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? wavex is on e of the 13 yr olds... :D As for "off topicness", I prefer it that way. Otherwise it becomes a tech only list and there is only so much to talk about without being repetitive.

:p LOL!

When I say off-topic there, I mean nearly every thread. Here we tend to stay more on topic in the threads, but we also have non-technical threads where everyone can cut loose.... so you get the best of both worlds in a singal-signon. :rockon:

What's with all the hating on SBN lately? It is what it is. With diversity comes controversy...it's healthy and productive for the most part. Until the day this forum has a fraction of the archived information that SBN has, I'll still be visiting both sites.

Now I really wish SBN would come back online becuase I need search for some FZ6 information I can't find here!

*cheers*

What's with all the hating on SBN lately? It is what it is. With diversity comes controversy...it's healthy and productive for the most part. Until the day this forum has a fraction of the archived information that SBN has, I'll still be visiting both sites.

Now I really wish SBN would come back online becuase I need search for some FZ6 information I can't find here!

*cheers*

It is online I just gave someone some info on Givi...

:p LOL!

When I say off-topic there, I mean nearly every thread. Here we tend to stay more on topic in the threads, but we also have non-technical threads where everyone can cut loose.... so you get the best of both worlds in a singal-signon. :rockon:

Now when you say "off topic", do you mean specifically relating to the FZ6, or motorcycle riding in general? Because looking at the most active threads, nearly all are motorcycle related. Actually I have the best of both worlds on SBN and the perspective of other, non FZ6 riders as well.

*cheers*

I've never said I hate them, Defy. It's just that I find the quailty has dropped and it's more of a bash-fest there where here it is not. When they police the place and get back to the way it used to be when I joined a couple years ago, then I'll start more regular visits there.

I'm not hating or bashing, merely stating what my perceived differences are. I don't disagree with you regarding the amount of information between the two sites.

What I do with a lot of the information is extract it and put it on my NAS here at home. I have a personal wiki (unpublished) where anything important resides. Only I can access it from anywhere.

I'm still a member there and check in occasionally to catch up on the good stuff. Any idea why it is down at this point? Any news?

Hey man, it's all good with me. I was just curious why people seem be making so many negative SBN references.

And FWIW I have not noticed any real changes to the FZ6 sub-forum over the years...well, maybe it's a little less uptight these days. Three years ago if you asked a basic question you'd get slammed by some dork for not using the search function...these days you get a joke, a link, and a reference to how well the search function works...for example.

Anyway.....

I hate the colors and layout of SBN, hard to read. I post out there once in a blue moon, mainly on the Military side. Never enough to get to know anyone that I don't know here. There is a lot fo good info, like the mods link page. Great reference material.

Back