rearsets/bars vs. new bike?

Reaction score
Visit site
Long story short, love the bike....hate the stance. I have a bad back and hip (and only 34!) and the position of a sportbike fits me best, so I have learned through riding friends bikes. SO....do I invest in new rearsets/clipons...or.....just sell my bike and get a sportbike (Triumph Daytona 675 or R6/CBR)?
I've tried different bars with any success minimized by the reductionin turning radius, but not clip-ons....I can't really imagine how they would work with the fairing? Which rearsets and Clip-ons?

THANKS!:confused:

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oooo...hard call. The new CBR600 is an amazing bike and the new 675 looks to be even more amazing.

Aside from the stance what do you want to do with the bike? Commute, tour, track days? For anything aside from the track I think the FZ is a better bike overall bike. for the track, I really like the 675, wow....:drool:

If you do convert you FZ I'd suggest ConvertiBars because you can get the prefect position, and Rizoma rearsets because they are high quality and have lots of adjustability.

Or for less than the price of a CBR or a 675 you could get an '08 1125r. :D

Reaction score
Visit site
Oooo...hard call. The new CBR600 is an amazing bike and the new 675 looks to be even more amazing.

Aside from the stance what do you want to do with the bike? Commute, tour, track days? For anything aside from the track I think the FZ is a better bike overall bike. for the track, I really like the 675, wow....:drool:

If you do convert you FZ I'd suggest ConvertiBars because you can get the prefect position, and Rizoma rearsets because they are high quality and have lots of adjustability.

Or for less than the price of a CBR or a 675 you could get an '08 1125r. :D

Buell....NICE!:Flash: I "tried one on" a few weeks ago...love the bike...scared shi* of the potential headache....! I want to ride the bike on the street....not stupidly, but aggressively when appropriate. Ya know....70 in a 60 when no one's around and it's a beautiful san diego day...(?!?!?!), nothing crazy! I feel too tall and uncomfortable on the bike....there...I said it!