Gonna turn my bike into a Cafe racer...of sorts!

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool! i like it a lot!

That would look even cooler, if it was gold, with everything else black, apart from some gold fork tubes, and brake rotors with gold carriers....

:thumbup:
Black ang Gold happens to be my favorite color scheme!!! you are a freaking genius!!!

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
It also looks to come with decent quality lights in it...are they?

Yeah they are. They bulbs are inexpensive but can be very cumbersome to replace if one burns out. It has a back cover to it that you have to manufacture a hole to run the wires through and cut to get the brackets to fit just right. It doesn't come with brackets you have to manufacture them too. So back to my story, if a bulb burns out, you'll have to take the entire mask off the bike in order to get the back cover off to gain access to the bulbs. If you look at the pics on my streetfighter thread, you'll see what I'm talking about.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_5860.jpg

Here's a link to my photobucket album.

Project Bike Modification Part 2 pictures by maverick1970_2000 - Photobucket

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i reckon i have found the headlight unit i am going to use...

It's the Puig "Cafe Racer Alien"...
View attachment 26020

Cafe Racer Alien - Cafe racer (Twin head lamps) Products and other accessories for your bike | Puig

or, maybe the "Cafe Racer Mask"
View attachment 26021

Cafe Racer Mask - Cafe racer (Twin head lamps) Products and other accessories for your bike | Puig

There is even a distibutor in Australia for Puig!!!!, and the "Alien" unit sorta matches my bellypan, in it's lines, which is also a Puig item.

Have sent e-mail re cost, and availablity....

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I like that 2nd one, the cafe racer mask! :thumbup: It's slightly different, yet keeps with your "minialistic" statement you mentioned earlier.

Hey wolf, can't you clear coat polished stuff like your rims and the frame if you deceided to get that done? Save on the elbow grease?

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Black & Gold has to be the sickest colour combo out there (if done right)!!! I really wish I had an 07/08 FZ6 just for this reason with the black frame and engine. I'd do it up right just like the 08 Triumph Dayton 675's with gold rims and accents!! Almost blew a load when I first saw them!

2008_daytona_675_se_02.jpg

I've been encorporating some gold accents into my bike (bar ends, PAZZO adjusters, SS brake banjos, TB tips, and some very minor gold pin striping), but with the silver I have to be carful not to get carried away or it won't look good.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that is an awesome headlight! I've always loved the vertical dual headlights, but I've never seen one that sexy!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like that 2nd one, the cafe racer mask! :thumbup: It's slightly different, yet keeps with your "minialistic" statement you mentioned earlier.

Hey wolf, can't you clear coat polished stuff like your rims and the frame if you deceided to get that done? Save on the elbow grease?

Yeah i think you can get polished wheels clear coated...i should probably investigate!!!

And yes, i do like the mask headlight unit, is very cool, and the best part is, is that it is Puig, their stuff is well made, and of production line standard...

Black & Gold has to be the sickest colour combo out there (if done right)!!! I really wish I had an 07/08 FZ6 just for this reason with the black frame and engine. I'd do it up right just like the 08 Triumph Dayton 675's with gold rims and accents!! Almost blew a load when I first saw them!

2008_daytona_675_se_02.jpg

I've been encorporating some gold accents into my bike (bar ends, PAZZO adjusters, SS brake banjos, TB tips, and some very minor gold pin striping), but with the silver I have to be carful not to get carried away or it won't look good.

Yep, have to agree with you, black & gold, when done right, is gorgeous! And i just love the Triumph 675....is one very sexy bike...especially in black & gold!

Wow that is an awesome headlight! I've always loved the vertical dual headlights, but I've never seen one that sexy!

Yes, i have spent 2 whole days scouring the web for headlights, and i came to the assumption, that there is a lot of garbage stuff out there, mostly only for show, and as for practicality, and legality, leaves a lot to be desired...

But if you look, you will find!

I am a bit excited by this find!

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cafe racer hey. Awesome.
I love some of the bikes they have at Deus Ex Machina

eg
:: Deus Ex Machina ::

Nice work Wolfman. Keep us posted :thumbup:

Yes those guys make some pretty crazy looking bikes... Crazy good that is! And they have a crazy price too match... But I suppose you are paying for a premium, hand made, limited run product.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes those guys make some pretty crazy looking bikes... Crazy good that is! And they have a crazy price too match... But I suppose you are paying for a premium, hand made, limited run product.

You got that right mate. They charge like a wounded bull. I would put the Deus in the same category as an MV. Nice to look at but there is no way im parting with that sort of cash to ride one. I would sooner start off with a Thruxton & kit it out myself.
Pudding bowl helmet to stay with the retro theme?
Davida Helmets - classic