Mod madness! New stuff on it's way Part 5!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Indicators and refective strip on top light?

CF mudguard looks spot on btw :thumbup:

You got one out of the 2....the flush mount indicators, which i am going to replace...they look pretty, but are pretty much useless, you can hardly see them "flash", in fact, the more or less, "Pulse"....absolute garbage...

The other mod, is an undertray i fitted to the headlight....to hide the rear of the bottom headlight unit, sticking out from underneath the light, and looking a bit unfinished...

I just mounted a thick piece of dense black rubber around the bottom of the unit....is form fitting to the lights, and looks much much better, without you really noticing it!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Little update, my "fazer" aluminium radiator guard turned up today, is very nicely finished, but a bit dull, so i am taking it off to the shop tomorrow to get chromed...will post some before and after photo's, as it happens...

And apparently, after 9 weeks, my Carbon Fibre rear hugger is in Australia...cant wait to get my hands on that...

Have managed to source some Carbon Fibre side pods as well...after much begging, but more on that later...

And some Carbon Fibre side plates for my rearsets from Valtermoto...but they are on backorder, and will take a little while to get here...

Photo's soon...when there is a significant change...

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chrome?! Ick! Sell it and buy a Harley!

Have you considered that the chrome radiator cover might match up with the polished wheel, & fork sliders that have a "chrome" finish also....

I dont think i would be chroming it, if i thought it would compromise the bike....anyway, if it looks kak, no stress, just get it sand blasted, and powdercoated black...

Please dont insult me, and ask me to buy a Boat Anchor!

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it will match but Chrome is for cruisers black is for sportbikes

Lol! There aint anything wroing with a bit of bling...i suppose all those "Sportsbikes" with the chrome look polished frames, are no good then???

:rolleyes:;)

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Not sure where that phantom delayed double post came from...

I am not a fan of bling on sportbikes. Your bike is awesome, but I think it would look better sans shiny. It seems either you are old or trying to be a gangster (here anyway) if your sportbike is blinged out.

Don't take it personally, just my opinion.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure where that phantom delayed double post came from...

I am not a fan of bling on sportbikes. Your bike is awesome, but I think it would look better sans shiny. It seems either you are old or trying to be a gangster (here anyway) if your sportbike is blinged out.

Don't take it personally, just my opinion.

Blacking out the bike is pretty much the same as blinging up a bike...It's all about caoturing a style, or a mood, i am not after the "Ghetto" look, or the "i am so tough, i am all matt black" look, i like the retro-ness of a bit of chrome, polished metal, etc...

Each to their own....

I could black out the bike in a moment....carbon pipes, black wheels off the other bike..

My son likes the black wheels better...must be his age! :D

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Blacking out the bike is pretty much the same as blinging up a bike...It's all about caoturing a style, or a mood, i am not after the "Ghetto" look, or the "i am so tough, i am all matt black" look, i like the retro-ness of a bit of chrome, polished metal, etc...

Each to their own....

I could black out the bike in a moment....carbon pipes, black wheels off the other bike..

My son likes the black wheels better...must be his age! :D

You have a son old enough to have an opinion ... maybe you fit the other stereotype. :D

Agreed it probably is generational. My new truck has polished 20's that I can hardly wait to powdercoat black. My in-laws like bling.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have a son old enough to have an opinion ... maybe you fit the other stereotype. :D

Agreed it probably is generational. My new truck has polished 20's that I can hardly wait to powdercoat black. My in-laws like bling.

Lol...old enough to like retro, and give classic style a nod! But young enough to steal ya Missus! :D

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it will match but Chrome is for cruisers black is for sportbikes

Chrome is for Cruisers?
Most Streetfighters I know are blinged up.

suzuki_gsxr_streetfighter_2.jpg

Don't see no tassles or saddlebags here.....:D

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed on the Naked thing, makes me appreciate mine much more now :)

Are those brass knuckles? lol

suzuki_gsxr_streetfighter_2.jpg

Last edited: