Mod madness! New stuff on it's way Part 5!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, updates....

Bike has sorta gone on the back burner recently, whilst i work on other things...but things are changing again...

new stuff on it's way...

1. New lightweight, fibreglass single seat unit....will cut out heaps of weight, as it removes OEM seat, grab rails, rear tail light assembly, sidepods,etc...

2. Single sided swingarm....ordered it today....more weight saving, better look. also does away with rear hugger!

3. BST Carbon Wheels....finally ordered yesterday....after i finally worked out which single sided swingarm i was going with, that BST actually make a CF wheel for!

4. GYTR single underseat exhaust.

5. New rear subframe....modified, to remove rear footpeg hanger brackets.

I wonder how much weight will be sheeded by replacing the back half of the bike with all of this???

No photo's yet, just letting you know sorta what i am up to!!!

:sinister::sinister::sinister:

Bike is gonna look insane!!!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Still thinking about those engine mods....but after this spend...they will be waiting for a bit longer! again!

Still wanting the Titanium headers....another long term project now.

and maybe a set of kick arse gold upside forks with radial mounted brake calipers...preferably some nice Brembo's...

At least another 12 months work on this bike to go....

Last edited:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Single sided swingarm...............nice.
When I was getting my rear tyre fitted last week a guy on a '09 VFR800 rocked up with one of them single thingies on it ,looks bloody sweet :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it the same as the one that came with pinky ?? They just never seemed to sit right on the FZ6 cup bikes :(

All the rest sounds great but the single pipe is my concern , just my 0.02c worth :thumbup:

Nice observation humpy...but don't worry, am onto it...fabricated a new hanger for the end can! :D

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
What swinger are you going for Wolfman?
Triumph seems to be a popular choice for Streetfighters over here and luckily they don't seem to go for much,unlike everything thing else you get for modding.

It came up in a conversation I had about the cost of things like usd forks,calipers,rear ends in the UK.Because of the size of the Streetfighter scene things are way expensive,even off of E blag :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What swinger are you going for Wolfman?
Triumph seems to be a popular choice for Streetfighters over here and luckily they don't seem to go for much,unlike everything thing else you get for modding.

It came up in a conversation I had about the cost of things like usd forks,calipers,rear ends in the UK.Because of the size of the Streetfighter scene things are way expensive,even off of E blag :(

Was'nt gonna tell til i put it on the bike, but the rather different looking single sided swingarm off a Ducati S4R.

the one i have bought, comes with swingarm, swingarm pivot bolt, swingarm eccentric hub, rear axle w/ brake rotor, rear caliper mount bracket w/ speedo sensor, chain guard and rear brake line.

I will need to paint it though, as it is silver right now...

The Triumph ones are all too expensive!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Put my newly aquired "Ripper Mask" streetfighter headlight on the bike last night...Thanks Mav....looks freaking awesome! The "old" Puig Alien Cafe Racer headlight, will now take up residence on my other FZ6...the touring mule!

No photo's as yet....waiting till i get the single seat set up finished at the very least, before i post up my handywork!

Working away quietly on the latest updates in this project...few issues with fitting the single sided swingarm, but i am determined to make it work...

Also, as i mentioned in another thread, changed out the rear sprocket last night...loving my new gearing...14/48! Yee-hah!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: