Mod madness! New stuff on it's way Part 5!

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that bike would be hot if they were to keep it at one color, they have like a 9 color combo going on........

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed on the Naked thing, makes me appreciate mine much more now :)

Are those brass knuckles? lol

suzuki_gsxr_streetfighter_2.jpg

Better not mess with that guy/gal!!!! :rof:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That Knuckle buster thing is the same design as the Aussie Streetfighters Forum logo.....ASF is a big, and well organised group in Australia, they have their own Steetfighter online shop, and hold big Streetfighter meets, etc...

The Streetfighter culture in Australia is getting quite well developed, and there are more Streetfighters turning up all over the joint, but unless you have a Big 1000cc plus motor, with a turbo, nitrous, super chaging, or the like, your bike isnt really taken that seriously by the hardcore Streetfighter crew....who look a lot like their English & European Cousins, lots of tat's, mohawks, Skater shoes, etc...

Here are some Aussie Streetfighters...

View attachment 29373

View attachment 29374

View attachment 29375

View attachment 29376

View attachment 29377

View attachment 29378

:thumbup:

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
My nutty brother stripped his GSX R1000 & decked it out as a street fighter.

Floating wavy discs
Full Arata Titanium System
Fully adjustable rear sets
Renthal Bars
Oggy knobs etc etc etc
The thing want s to wheelie everywhere. Its like riding the worlds biggest BMX bike :thumbup:

Next to the FZ6 on the Oxley
P040210_080201.jpg

Fuelled up & ready to go on our way home from QLD
P040210_104901.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NEWSFLASH!

Well last night i got the $hits on with my Woodcraft clip-ons, which are just that little bit too low for street use...so i took them off, and put my drag bars back on for now...

I think i have mentioned it before, i either need some Helibar risers, or some Convertibars, as the clip-ons below the top triple clamp are a bit much...i need about another 40-50mm in height for it to be a realistic day to day option.

Also fitted my new Radiator Guard last night...looks like Cack in it's current state...so, today i took to the chrome shop...not getting it chromed, but i am getting a "Blingy" finish put on it!

Will post pics when i get the bike back from the Suspension shop next week.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
That hurts my eyes it is so ugly.

In the US there are lots of blinged out sportbikes but naked bikes are RARE

I get streetfighters magazine once a month (lots of the bikes featured use the knuckle duster logo as heel plates etc)
and they have been featuring quite a few American sportsbikes and mainly 'Busa's that have been blinged to hell and back.What you say is right though Krid,you don't see many true streetfighter nakeds.

24.jpg

Not my cup of tea thats for sure! :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I get streetfighters magazine once a month (lots of the bikes featured use the knuckle duster logo as heel plates etc)
and they have been featuring quite a few American sportsbikes and mainly 'Busa's that have been blinged to hell and back.What you say is right though Krid,you don't see many true streetfighter nakeds.

24.jpg

Some of those bikes are just horrific....Each to their own i suppose!

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I must be a weird one. I hate the look of crashed faired bikes done up naked, just looks wrong to me. If it was meant to be naked it would have come that way originally. The fairing hides the pipes and holes for a reason. Thats one reason I love the FZ series, they are so beautiful! And stretched bikes is just awful. We have three ZX14's up here running 200 rears and I laugh at them every day I see them.

Now back to the thread... Your damn bike keeps making mine jealous. I love the look you have going, and the amount of time you give her shows you love her too much. What type of rad guard did you purchase? I have my eye on a few official Yamaha Europe peices but can't find a shipper to get them here.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must be a weird one. I hate the look of crashed faired bikes done up naked, just looks wrong to me. If it was meant to be naked it would have come that way originally. The fairing hides the pipes and holes for a reason. Thats one reason I love the FZ series, they are so beautiful! And stretched bikes is just awful. We have three ZX14's up here running 200 rears and I laugh at them every day I see them.

Now back to the thread... Your damn bike keeps making mine jealous. I love the look you have going, and the amount of time you give her shows you love her too much. What type of rad guard did you purchase? I have my eye on a few official Yamaha Europe peices but can't find a shipper to get them here.

Well, i got the Puig "Fazer" radiator guard, in a plain Aluminium finish...but it is about to be re-finished in black chrome...was'nt gunna tell anyone that till now....was just enjoying everyone freaking out about me getting it "chromed"...black chrome is super cool, and i am getting a set of the chrome drag bars, the same as what i have on the bike, also re-finished in black chrome...
View attachment 29467

There is a bit of an update on the Carbon Fibre rear hugger i have been waiting over 2 months for....it is actually in Australia, but is beinh geld by customs for some unknown reason....i have had to contact the seller, and get him to open an investigation!!! Waiting to hear what is going on....
View attachment 29466

As for my headlight, well i am going to change that....i am actually going to put the Puig Alien Cafe Racer screen and headlight on my touring FZ6, as it has a much better than OEM set of lights, and the small screen, enables me to mount my GPS to the rear of the screen.....

And this headlight, i just bought off Maverick, is going to go on the black bike, after it has been given a respray....a little scratched from Mav's nasty accident.

This is going on the black bike...
View attachment 29468

View attachment 29469

View attachment 29470

And this is going on the "Touring FZ6"
View attachment 29471

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

24.jpg

Yep, the one with the naked women is very tasteful :eek:

Can just imagine the guy that rides that one. He's a squid, computer nerd, star wars freak and still lives at home. :shakehead: Also, never had a girlfriend he didn't pay for :D

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, the one with the naked women is very tasteful :eek:

Can just imagine the guy that rides that one. He's a squid, computer nerd, star wars freak and still lives at home. :shakehead: Also, never had a girlfriend he didn't pay for :D

It's the sort of thing you used to see on customized vans back in the seventies :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, back on topic....bike goes into the shop in about anhour to have a nice new Bridgestone BT003RS rear tyre going on the bike.....front needs doing too, but with a new throttle cable, and suspension work to pay for this week, it can wait till next week.

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, The bike was due to have suspension done last week, but i could'nt get anyone to follow me to the shop, when i did'nt have kids! So it's next week now!!! But i have been busy working on the bike anyway...

The reason the bike was going in for suspension work, is because it's too lightly spprung for my fat butt, and until now, i have not been bothered to do something about it, but i have been having real trouble getting around corners lately....

At first, i thought it was the suspension, and the Clip-on handlebar changing the weight distribution when i am on the bike....as the bike was steeering like a truck! even with the steering damper wound back to zero...

So i took off the clip-ons, and put the drag bars back on the other night...Bike still steers like a mack truck, in fact, it felt worse!!!! The bike was actually resisting steering into a corner...

So, then i checked to see whether anything was fouling the steering head, from when i installed the headlight fairing recently....nope, all seemed good there, and while i was there, i tidied up the wiring from the headlight, new indicator install...much much better...amazing what a few cable ties can do...

So, then i turned my attention to the bars & steering damper...now weird thing is, when i have my drag bars on the bike, with the steering damper in place, across the bars, with the steering damper mount acting as the right hand side handlebar clamp, i have always felt that the top clamp and the front of the petrol tank were not "square"...in other words, the bike was not straight across the clamps....but how??? This phenomena dissapeared when i put the clip-ons on, so it became evident to me, that this "out of square" appearance had something to do with the drag bars, and the steering damper...

So, with this, when i put the drag bars back on the bike, with the steering damper, the "out of square" appearance of the top clamp returned....so i take the steering damper off...guess what, the top clampis now "square with the front of the tank...

Take the bike for a ride....and hey presto, the bike wants to turn again....still too soft in the front end, but it was a thousand times better!!!!

So, something is out of whack with my steering damper, the mount must not be quite right for the drag bars....and, or, something else is also wrong with the damper....will get it checked out next week, when the bike goes in to have it's suspenders sorted....

In other news, i got a new Bridgestone BT003RS rear tyre today....i took the bike to my meetings today, so on the way home, i took a deviation up to the "test track", and did about 70km's worth of Twisties...slowly building up the pace, till the tyres were warm, and scrubbed in to about 1cm from the edge of the tyre....god i love these tyres, as soon as the wax coat was gone, and they had just a little bit of warmth, that rear tyre just felt planted...

Getting a new front tyre next week...another BT003RS, as the front is well shagged too....cant wait, cause after that the suspenders will be done, my +1 Vortex rear sprocket should be here, ready to go on the bike...bringing my gearing back to my favourite set up for the Twisties, 14/47 (-2/+1).

Still no news on when, or if i am going to get my Carbon Fibre rear hugger out of Australian Customs!!! :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Hugger arrived in record time. Very high quality and matches the front one from Hongkong, same weave. Very happy with it. Hope you get yours soon.

cfh1.jpg

After 16 weeks, and there still being no sign of mine...he sent my money back, as he did not have anymore to send as a replacement for the lost one....i am absolutely DEVO!

Yours looks great.....i am going to try and make my own!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While i am here...a bit of an update....Suspension work delayed, but happening in next week or so..got sidetracked...this happens easily with me! :eek:

But have been doing a few other little cosmetic mods...little bit more "carbon", and a few other bit's and pieces....

Got some good stuff on the way....

And i solved my hugger issue...i just took the stupid thing off tonight, and am going to fabricate a custom chain guard out of an old ducati chain guard, i have lying around , nice little project!

Bike looks very tough without the hugger!

View attachment 30033

View attachment 30034
Very old photo's from back in november 2008, but you get the idea. :thumbup:

Am also swapping out the polished wheels over for the nice shiny "new" black ones with OEM painted red red stripes...i think they will go well!

Black drag bars, black chrome radiator cover, black ceramic coated exhaust...right back to the titanium end cans, all the silver or chrome is going...excepted for the clear sheafed braided lines....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: