need some new tool suggestions

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought one of those handy carts on wheels. It took me 2-3 hours (this includes beer time) to assemble it. It's great! Has three shelves and I can roll it to wherever I please. Example: beer somewhere on middle shelf, service manual on top, various FZ6 mods on top ready to unpackage, tools, bolts and stuff on bottom shelf. Maybe a portable radio on top too? I got the cart at an auto parts store for a closeout price ($20). It's great because my Craftsman 3 level toolbox is too cumbersome to roll around.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, a big 60gal compressor is great, but I use my little 1.5hp 4gal one the most. It can be carried anywhere, will run a air ratchet or a 3/8 impact with no trouble. It can also run 2 framing nailers or four finish nailers perfectly. Granted this will not supplement my big one for running a air sander, but it was the best $90 (on sale) I have spent. This way I do not have to constantly fill my portable air tank multiple times to fill my car tires. Something to consider.

Oh, and if you are doing house work, a decent quality fish tape is priceless also. As is a nice miter saw, table saw, sander and this could go on for ever.:)

A nice grease gun may come in handy, along with a bearing packer. Then your parts are going to be dirty so a parts washer may end up on your list too.

not so much wood working but I do have most of that (did some framing in my younger days)

parts washer......yes

damn this list is getting long:p

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought one of those handy carts on wheels. It took me 2-3 hours (this includes beer time) to assemble it. It's great! Has three shelves and I can roll it to wherever I please. Example: beer somewhere on middle shelf, service manual on top, various FZ6 mods on top ready to unpackage, tools, bolts and stuff on bottom shelf. Maybe a portable radio on top too? I got the cart at an auto parts store for a closeout price ($20). It's great because my Craftsman 3 level toolbox is too cumbersome to roll around.

shop cart, another thing I didn't think of thanks:thumbup:

fudge_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the ratcheting box end wrenches (aka gear wrenches). we use the at work and they are the best thing since slice bread. They also make them in the normal straight version I just couldn't find a pic.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the ratcheting box end wrenches (aka gear wrenches). we use the at work and they are the best thing since slice bread. They also make them in the normal straight version I just couldn't find a pic.

the twist version freaks me out a little bit. I vote for the straight version since i would LOVE to have a set for myself.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread inspires more G.A.S. than curling up with an Aerostich catalog!

I'd love one of them wheeled stands that raise a bike up by either the front or rear axle, would be a great complement to the centerstand.

EDIT: whoops, didn't see it had to be spent at Sears. Do you have a trouble light? ;)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they have motorcycle lifts, that might be an idea. I personally don't know if I would trust one, but apparently they are safe.