My UK Fz6 N Supercharged/nitrous Streetfighter.

fz6fighterboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to see if I can mediate this thread before it erupts into a full on flamewar.

I also had wondered about the provenance of this bike. I don't know why, except that I was doubtful enough to to a google search for supercharged FZ6's. I didn't find anyone else claiming to own the bike.

I was surprised that the owner can build a supercharged bike yet can't operate a digital camera to post additional pictures.

I was also wondering about the lack of technical detail. If I'd built that, I'd be telling people what every single pipe, fitting and widget did and how I made it.

(In fact I do do that. Shamless plug for my blog!)
The things what I made and how I made them.

This all makes a lot more sense now. Fz6fighterboy outsourced the production of a lot of the parts. Depending on the level of outsourcing this can be anywhere from \"bore a hole in this timing cover and install an oil seal into it. Weld up this plenum. Make this supercharger mount based on these designs I have provided. And you at the custom paint shop. Paint the bodywork like this.\" all the way up to,\"Here's my bike and my credit card number. Get to work.\"

I'm not sure what amount of it was outsourced. I'm guessing the supercharger was provided in kit form and installed by fz6fighterboy.

The point of this is that if major components were manufactured by somebody else, fz6fighterboy wouldn't be able to provide the level of details we'd like to hear, as he's not the one who designed them.

There's no shame in that. Not everyone has the time, skills or inclination to acquire the skills necessary to build something like this from the ground up.

In conclusion, I suspect that it is his bike, but some of the facts he posted about it were incorrect due to him not being the one who did the actual tuning of the engine.

Let's NOT have a flamewar, folks.

Frederic

Thats right FRed I have not claimed to doing everything on the bike but I have done most of it. The superchargers not mine of the front end. Its taken me four years to pay for it all and do the project. I work long hours hehe. BUT I have come up with every idea on the bike ranging from the forks used to getting a firm to custom build a supercharger conversion. TTS Performance by the way. and have put alot of time into the bike aswell as money (24k) inc buying bike brand new in 04.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Regardless of whether it's been farmed out or you did all the work yourself, I personally don't care either way, but this has to be one of the most modded, coolest looking FZ6's that I've seen. Not only is the mechanical work extraordinary, but the graphics look great as well. Thanks for sharing.

:thumbup:

X

PlasticPig

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally not a fan of he streetfighter look, nor can I really understand what makes someone put so much money into a project like that, but thats just my personal opinion.

I can certainly appreciate the detail and work that has gone into this.

Just one question though, why does the number plate change from the first set of pics to the last?

DecepticonDon

Reaction score
Visit site
NO FAIR!
NO FAIR!
NO FAIR!
:thumbup:
good job, I was thinking of the 636 piston kit, until.. I cashed my FZ6 in for a broken arm and a check from State Farm.

fz6fighterboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally not a fan of he streetfighter look, nor can I really understand what makes someone put so much money into a project like that, but thats just my personal opinion.

I can certainly appreciate the detail and work that has gone into this.

Just one question though, why does the number plate change from the first set of pics to the last?

Ive recently had a private plate. My nickname is PYE. and first name joe so its xJ03 PYE. Ive always wanted a streetfighter so i said id do one, one day and try and do it like I wanted to so i have and it cost alot of money but it was worth it in my eyes. Ill never make another one. Costs too much.

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not trying to start a flame war in way shape or form. I was just stating the obvious on the situation. The way the thread was heading, it looked as though someone was "taking ownership" of a bike that is not theirs.

I will stand corrected if sufficient proof is supplied. Its looking better now, but public article pictures really dont help...

I will leave this alone untill fighterboy provides more pictures and details on the build.

B.S. meter is still tingling.

-bryan

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not trying to start a flame war in way shape or form. I was just stating the obvious on the situation. The way the thread was heading, it looked as though someone was \"taking ownership\" of a bike that is not theirs.

I will stand corrected if sufficient proof is supplied. Its looking better now, but public article pictures really dont help...

I will leave this alone untill fighterboy provides more pictures and details on the build.

B.S. meter is still tingling.

-bryan

Have to agree, second set of "old" photo's straight from a mag doesnt wash with me! Mate get out your camera and prove us wrong once and for all!

Please!

fz6fighterboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Have to agree, second set of \"old\" photo's straight from a mag doesnt wash with me! Mate get out your camera and prove us wrong once and for all!

Please!

Doing it tomoz pal off to work in a min. but am off tomoz nite so wont need much sleep during the day. Full piccys with me and proof of life in it haha

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
why does anyone have to go through an interview here?? Personaly I have no idea why fz6fighterboy feels the need to answer you questions.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
why does anyone have to go through an interview here?? Personaly I have no idea why fz6fighterboy feels the need to answer you questions.

Let say...

You spent a tremendous amount of money on your bike or car. You spent many hours design and busting your knuckles wrenching on the bike. You ended up having it published in some magazine and your bike was truely one of kind. Would you enjoy having people take images of your bike and saying it was theirs?

I am only trying to ensure that the honesty and high repuation of this forum is continued. Other wise it just ends up like that other one...

-bryan

sweber_7

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats right FRed I have not claimed to doing everything on the bike but I have done most of it. The superchargers not mine of the front end. Its taken me four years to pay for it all and do the project. I work long hours hehe. BUT I have come up with every idea on the bike ranging from the forks used to getting a firm to custom build a supercharger conversion. TTS Performance by the way. and have put alot of time into the bike aswell as money (24k) inc buying bike brand new in 04.

I believe you did it man. Thats the most impressive FZ6 i have ever seen. Keep it up.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That bike is SICK!!!

Now we need a video so we can hear it!

Very nice bike! Almost too good to be true to the FZ world. I bet this will give a lot of people a ton of inspiration in modding their own FZ's.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
That bike is SICK!!!

Now we need a video so we can hear it!

Very nice bike! Almost too good to be true to the FZ world. I bet this will give a lot of people a ton of inspiration in modding their own FZ's.

:rockon: A vid showing the speedo under hard acceleration would be sick!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A few people
putting their hands up and saying "sorry I got it wrong calling you out as BS". Wouldn't go a miss.

Well intentioned or otherwise.

Nelly